Search results

1. B

Fisher SA-16 3 prong plug grounded to the chasis or not?

The coupling caps on my SA-16 were ceramic disc caps. I changed them (basically the same values) and the am sounds great. Watch out for those power supply resistors and make sure to address the jumper/plug to engage the cathode resistor. Good luck!
  2. B

Magnavox amp 197..Can I do this?

Kidmoe, be aware that the 197 and the posted schematic use a 12ax7, not a 6eu7. I understand they are basically the same tube with different pinouts. The 6eu7 was used in a bunch of similar amps, but not the AMP-197. I have a stock 197 that sounded fantastic as-is but ten times better after I...
  3. B

Console preamps; anybody tweak/use them???

That 610-st is really just a 30-a amp with a built in tuner and a preamp. If you have the other 30-a, the pre- works well to drive both amps as mono blocks. A 510-st is the same as the 610-st without the tuner section, and if you compare the 30-a and the 510-st schematics, you can easily see...
  4. B

Three tube guitar amp ideas?

Your amp is out of a Newcomb av-10v record player. It's been modified a bit. Looks like the input is switched from an rca to a 1/4 where one of the pots would be. The first cap is 40uf. The switch on the left was to switch between the internal and external speaker. Also it looks like your...
Back
Top Bottom