Search results

1. circlefx

Mach One 4024, 4024A, 4029 Information and Upgrades!

And if you can, let the CA dry for a few days in a well ventilated area before applying the foam surrounds. The cyanide fumes, I think, are what turned my surrounds that greenish color.
  2. circlefx

So, if you're doing the VL CA glue mod, you want to be sure and apply the glue when the cones are stripped of old surround material. I did it in the reverse order, where I refoamed, then applied the CA glue. This ended up, over the past couple of years, tinting the surround foam a kind of blue...
  3. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Hi. No, I didn't make any modifications, just a recap to original spec, refoam, and cosemetic clean-up. As to how I like them, I want to post a full review, but I am currently only using them through a run-of-the-mill Denon receiver, so it's not a fair test. I will post as soon as my 2100D is...
  4. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Yes, I glued where it had been originally glued, on the back of the frame. I usually watch youtube videos on how-to do stuff before I attempt it. This one is good. Good luck!
  5. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

The mids were not hard to refoam, but you do need to be super careful when scraping the old foam and glue with an xacto blade. It would be easy to cut right through the cone. I used a fat curved blade where possible. The old black foam melts away nicely with some acetone, but I did get some...
  6. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

MachTwo update: Grills The old grill cloth was very worn out, dusty and smelled like a damp basement. It was satisfying to remove the old cloth. I used a box cutter to scrape the residual glue and cloth from the plastic frame. I got the black cloth from Parts Express $7.50 for enough material...
  7. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Refoam complete, next up, grille cloth. I was able to save the rubber mid dampers and the paper edge rings.
  8. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Worked on the MachTwos some more today. This was the worst of it. The seam was split you can see light through it. More comments above the pics. I used a syringe to get the glue all the way down the seam. After clamping I used 1" nails in the 18 gauge air nailer along the seam that had...
  9. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Project update: Things are going well. The veneer is VERY thin on these MachTwo speakers. I was advised to sand gently but wow. I was through to the MDF in one spot very quickly. It's possible that since it was the top, it may have been previously sanded and that's why. I was able to scrape...
  10. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Hey Rockfan. Did you ever build that xover and how'd it work out? I am looking to recap mine but haven't figured out what I want to do yet.
  11. circlefx

Missing you VL. The MachTwo thread is active and wish you were here with your knowledge and...

Missing you VL. The MachTwo thread is active and wish you were here with your knowledge and experience. RIP.
  12. circlefx

Realistic Mach 2 mods

Hey everyone! I'm so glad to see this thread alive. I'm doing mods on a pretty rough set of Mach 2s right now and I've enjoyed reading through all these posts. As I did with the VideoLady MachOne thread, I have tried to summarize the 'best of' this thread into a Google doc. The MachTwo summary...
  13. circlefx

Realistic STA2100D replacement transistors

I would contact the folks at digikey.com or one of the other big component vendors. Email a pic with what you have, see what they have or suggest as a replacement. I find it hard to find exactly what I want on those sites. There's so many components out there.
  14. circlefx

Realistic Mach Two

Perfect. :banana: Just got these. I rebuilt some MachOnes and did most of the upgrades from the VideoLady thread on them. I also have recapped and refoamed a pair of T200s which are fantastic. The cabinet veneer seems a little thinner on these than the other two. Are there threads that have...
  15. circlefx

Marantz Imperial 7

I just picked up this system. The receiver seems to work very well, I haven't tried plugging in the speakers yet- because I can't really evaluate the condition of the surrounds etc... I think these foam grills, which I understand are quite rare as they tend to disintigrate, are glued onto the...
  16. circlefx

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

I wasn't able to track down the English version of the instructions, although I did see people referencing them, and I really looked! If anyone on AK has them, please share! Thanks!
  17. circlefx

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

RE the transformer... there is an additional document that came with the kit that shows correct wiring for 110/220. It looks as though it can do either/or.
  18. circlefx

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

I'm like a dog with a bone... I emailed the guy who sells these on Amazon, and it looks like someone in China took the time to do a DIY instruction PDF with a lot of good pictures which he sent me... but of course all the text was in Chinese again! SO, I took the time today and used Google...
  19. circlefx

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Hi folks. I've seen a few threads about these NOBSOUND amps. I've got the kit, the parts look pretty quality, not high end, but should be good enough for me. I've got a technology club and a couple of students and I are going to put this together. I've taught them to read and follow a wiring...
  20. circlefx

Here is a link to the document I compiled from this thread and my own MachOne upgrade project. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QQhzoCaSh0JKl9XvAZqtelCmoZ525HLjen45JXJCn3o Good luck!
  21. circlefx

Alright! A Realistic STA-2100D Recap list! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thanks Zebulon1! I'm wondering, did you also replace any of the trim pots, diodes, did you deflux? Were there other 'rebuild' steps other than replacing the caps. I just want to do it correctly and thoroughly while I'm in there.
  22. circlefx

Do you have a finished list of all the purchased replacement components as a text file or excel sheet? What did you finally decide on for the transistors? Thanks!
  23. circlefx

Can you share this as an excel file please? It would be a GREAT help!!
  24. circlefx

Realistic STA2100D replacement transistors

Hi folks. Super glad to find this thread. I'm a big fan of the 78-80s era realistic high end audio gear. I went through and read all 150+ pages of the MachOne thread about the MachOne mods, heavily contributed to by VideoLady201. I did all those mods to my MachOne's and they are awesome. I built...
  25. circlefx

Where to sell high end gear?

oh I guess not... gotta figure out what that means now I suppose.
Back
Top Bottom