Search results

1. H

Coming back to the Fisher pages

Thank you Larry. Turn it up please...I wish my wife would say that!
  2. H

Thank you so much Dave. I'll give that a try
  3. H

Hello to all. I have been away for a few years taking care of my mom. Some of you might still remember me as a big fan of the 30A, and 20A amps. And, especially, as a fan of the 400 C preamp. I need some help navigating the site now. We used to be able to submit personal messages to other...
  4. H

Fisher sockets

I'm curious just how important that center grounding sleeve is. I understand why it is there, but I don't see it on many modern tube components. Anyone care to comment?
  5. H

Fisher 400-C

As you must know, a fantastic preamp. You might think all those selector switches, input level pots, and tone circuits would muck up the sound, but no. Not at all. It truly is audio bliss with both my 20A's and 30A's. Nice to have the 20A Fisher badges too. Mine were missing those.
  6. H

V15 IV Replacement Stylus

Possum, when you get that 45.00 stylus settled in, please let us know how it compares to your sas.
  7. H

That little plastic disk in the ARXA platter bearing well

The ball end of the platter shaft rides on this whitish plastic-like disk in the bottom of the bearing well. What is this...teflon? I lost one and had to borrow one from another XA on the shelf. Spent all morning collecting debris from the floor behind the air compressor where I saw it fly. Be...
  8. H

ARXA motor capacitor

I know, its been a while, but I finally got around to finishing this project up. After troubleshooting all the various grounding causes, I replaced the motor and switch caps with 630v DC film caps. Motor cap was original, but I had replaced the switch cap in the late seventies. Runs great...
  9. H

Can anyone help I.D. Shure styli

You are probably right about pics. They are in 2 different places, so will have to wait till i go to my apartment and round them all up for photos.
  10. H

Can anyone help I.D. Shure styli

I have a few v15 type4mr carts, including an ultra 500, and a v15 type 4mrle. Also have a few extra shure orig. Replacement styli. Problem is, after 35 plus years, i have mixed them up and cant remember which ones were the originals that came with carts and which are replacements. One stylus has...
  11. H

Modern Bass reflex and Fisher Amps

oops, sorry
  12. H

Modern Bass reflex and Fisher Amps

Not sure you can generalize that the 202 does not work well with one type of speaker design, or another. Am I right that that is an el84 amp? I never had a complaint with my el84 30a's driving the bass reflex Totem Forests, even though the forests are believed by most people to need much more...
  13. H

Fisher 500 knobs 3d printed

That was a ton of work on your part even though the knobs were "made" for you. You can be very proud, very nice work!
  14. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Thanks wayner for your insight. I always believed that once turned on and the platter is spinning, the vibration was gone and not creeping into the music we hear. You think thats wrong? Are you suggesting it is distorting the reproduction, regardless of what we think we are hearing? Sure...
  15. H

ARXA motor capacitor

These tables exhibit absolutely no sense of speed instability by the way, they sound great. Neither one is using the original AR arm.
  16. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Fwiw, these are single motor XAs. And, when I say they vibrate when off, I mean they do so audibly and it stops when turned on.
  17. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Sorry for the mispellings. Using tiny celphone right now. Thanks for clearing up the question of the caps values
  18. H

ARXA motor capacitor

I guess Im wrong then. So, the originals were ceramic? Thought I remembered an original pyramid, or black cat that I replaced before. Teason I replaced that csp was thst the tsble would run even with switch off. By the way, both my XAs have always vibrated away when turned off. Thought that was...
  19. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Just noticed you referred to a run cap. I swear I dont remember seeing anything but a single cap on either of my Xas.
  20. H

ARXA motor capacitor

So marc, can I assume you are refering to the switch capacitor as wayner describes, or something else? Thank you for that info. Im assuming that is a film cap, correct?
  21. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Yes wayner, it is the cap on the switch. As far as i know, thats the only cap on the XA. Unless, of course you might have one of the XAs with the universal power supply inside. Enjoy your listening and beer, thanks so much for commenting
  22. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Wayner, the sub chassis, top plate, and arm are all tied together and grounded via a seperate line to the preamp chassis. Been running quiet like this for decades into various systems. Nothing has changed recently and all of a sudden, this noise. I know this could be caused by a lot of things...
  23. H

ARXA motor capacitor

Can someone please tell me what the proper type, value, and voltage rating I should use for this cap? I teplaced it before back in the late 70s, so am not sure whether or not whats in there is correct, or maybe these days there is a better choice. Hoping this will eliminate a ground buzz that...
  24. H

500B Snap, crackle, pop

Rocky, the phase inverter pots in my 30As have been the cause of intermittent noise in the past. I'll bet Dave is right (of course)
  25. H

Fisher a rich man's toy now?

If that receiver is restored properly and completely, there is no reason to have to address too many issues in the future. Now, any receiver is complex by nature, so when I tell you my simple mono amps have run almost daily since the early ninetys, that may be slightly misleading. I also use a...
Back
Top Bottom