Search results

1. vsat88

Sansui 5500 transistor sub questions, after homework.

Still working on the 5500 and so far so good. I would like to replace the following power supply parts : 2SB507E with a MJE15033 Or a TIP41C The 2SD313E with a KSC2334Y The other troublemakers...2SA726 with KSA992F Would these be the current available recommended parts ? Thanks !
  2. vsat88

Sansui ASE (aluminum solid electrolytic capacity) question.

On the "driver block" board of the Sansui 5500 (not AU 5500, just 5500) part number F-1315 in the drawing/ schematic it shows cap C806 as a ASE capacitor. Legend says that means "aluminum solid electrolytic capacity) and the value of 3.3 uF at 25V. What should I replace that with please. That is...
  3. vsat88

Snell E III Stands/Original Stands Information

Had a set of E III's for a while now. What I want to do is build a set of reproduction10 inch stands that could be purchased separately back in the days when they were sold new. I would like them to be as close to stock as possible but have no images, at least none that I have found of the...
  4. vsat88

Hafler DH-101 channels fade from right to left and back.

Recently came across a DH-101 and I took er down right away to check out. I found some solder joints the needed a re flow but nothing major. Sounds good when I checked it out the strange thing is this. After it warms up for a long time the sound moves from right to left. Its not rapid, It slowly...
  5. vsat88

500C balance control pot not centered.

I have done nothing yet. Wondering the best place to start. I must turn the balance control one full mark right to center the two channels. Thanks.
  6. vsat88

Opinions Please, Sumo Diana Non Polar Capacitor Replacement.

Took the sumo down to clean the pots/switches and decided to go ahead and do a re cap while I was in. Ran into something I have not seen before. The four big caps in the center (blue rubycon) are 50V 47uF non polar. C 104, C102, C 204 and C 202. I found some similar over at Mouser but I wanted...
  7. vsat88

V10 tube fluctuating values. 500C

long time since last post but I finally bought the rest of the parts to complete the power supply from Jim McShane. Got em all in without too much trouble then did the screen resistor modification. All went well till I started checking bias. The bias voltage is -21. V8 is 37 V9 is 34 V10 is 44...
  8. vsat88

Econowave Build using JBL Screen Drivers/Crossover

This is what I have any suggestions for crossover values ? New box design (really do not want to do this if I can help it). JBL 2226 Low Freq Driver JBL 2426 Compression driver JBL 3678 Complete Enclosure The 2382 is the current wave guide
  9. vsat88

Marked Transistors do they need to be matched ? B&K

This is a B&K 202 plus that I have been working on off and on forever it seems. I still cannot get it to bias properly on one channel. I am almost 100 % certain that the problem is in the amp block because the problem moves with the block. Now I am going to change out everything on the block as...
  10. vsat88

Appears to be far from Basic. Basic M2 bias issue.

Hi, Kenwood Basic M2 . When I have my meter across R 86 I have no bias reading whatsoever. I can adjust VR 4 either way with no result. If I use the same meter and probes across R 85 I get a bias reading and can adjust it with VR 3 without a problem. The amp has almost no DC offset. There was...
  11. vsat88

B&K EX-442 Rehab

Starting a new thread for an EX-442 B&K components amplifier here. Still not done with the PL 400 but I have to take a break from that one because it is getting on my nerves. I have learned that I can set something aside over the years and come back to it when I feel like it. This rehab will...
  12. vsat88

Kenwood Basic C2 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Myself and a few others have been posting in a C1 thread and we wanted to break away from doing so by starting a thread about the C2 Kenwood Basic Preamplifier so the information would be easy to find if others needed it. We were going to detail the upgrades and restoration to this unit a bit at...
  13. vsat88

SPEC 4 relay only

Hi, been looking and posting (in the wrong threads I think) about SPEC 4 relay replacement. So far in the threads I have been reading over and over I cannot seem to understand exactly what I should do to replace the relays on the output boards. Mattsd, EchoWars and CohibaJoe and others have been...
  14. vsat88

Quick simple question 500 C

I may have read this somewhere before and it may be posted somewhere but I do not know where. I installed new EH tubes (7591A's) from Jim McShane and installed new grid resistors (220K I did not have 200K in house) I also installed new coupling capacitors ( .1 uF Russan oil 630V ) set the bias...
  15. vsat88

Phase Linear 400 in a state of disbelief, head scratching...

Ok, here gos I have a PL 400 here and it has 3 different types of output transistors. Type 1. F PL909 647 Type 2. RCA 66546 CX 7640 Type 3. NEC 2SD555. I checked the DC Offset before I took the covers off the output TX. The DC offset was Left Channel 14.2 mV. Right Channel 00.1 mV. by the way...
  16. vsat88

The Fisher Price keeps going up !

Looks like we better keep our The Fisher Tube gear ! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-500-C-Stereo-Receiver-Non-Working-/111672820026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=dx1omPhdGpByaW487SgwlIMSSek%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc Not working and went for 665.00 Plus...
  17. vsat88

Quick question Mcintosh 2100

I have the opportunity to buy a 2100 today. Very rough condition on the exterior. Guy says it has not been fired up in 20 years or so. I tested the output terminals with a VOM. VOM shows continuity between the negative and the positive with the am unplugged and no speakers connected I thought...
  18. vsat88

Jbl Cab. EV speaker moved to Speakers for more help.

I want to use this driver (EV 18") in this cabinet (JBL 4645c) for bass reinforcement. Here's how I have it set up now, I am currently using the left out of the preamp thru an RCA Y splitter to the left channel in to a MPA-250 Optimus amp in bridge mono mode out of the amp to a used Pioneer...
  19. vsat88

JBL Cab. With a EV. Speaker Crossover help.

I just bought a JBL 4645C Single (18 inch) cabinet and I picked up an Electro Voice (18 inch) speaker model EVM-18B Series II. There is a whole lot of information in the attached .PDF s that are attached however I cannot make heads or tails out of it due to 1. The information listed for the Cab...
  20. vsat88

Norman Model 10

I have two sets of Norman model 10 speakers. Both are in good condition with no huge flaws on the cabinets just normal wear and tear. They both have the rubber surrounds and original tweeters. They both have been resealed and have had the crossover caps replaced with brand new Dayton poly caps...
  21. vsat88

Busted a cap ! Fisher 500C.

Replaced the rectifier with a R.S. 4 prong then the two filter caps with R.S. Nichion 220uF 50V . Added Cathode 10 ohm resistors 1/2 watt. brought it up on the Veriac. It played pretty good even though one channel seemed a bit weak. It also took a a long time to start playing. So I brought it...
  22. vsat88

Jbl l820 bi amp ?

I am clueless. I can not for some reason figure out any reason the JBL L820 has a split network to amp the highs and lows with separate amps . Does anyone have an answer to this ? The speakers sound awesome however the low end driver is only like 6 inches (if that) in diameter what advantage...
  23. vsat88

SX 1250 new to me, Oh My !

Three weeks ago bought this SX 1250. I knew I had heard a few in the distant past however I did not recall them sounding this good ! I have the HCA 1206 unhooked the Basic M2 unhooked and I am unsure I will hook either one back up ! The Sansuis and K 3.2z are just sitting there. The SX is...
  24. vsat88

Hitachi Oscilloscope V-355 Reviews Thoughts ?

I have the chance to buy one of these (Hitachi Oscilloscope V-355) scopes I wanted to ask if was a proper scope to work on vintage for repair and troubleshooting. I will not be using it for tape decks or to align tuners, in fact I am not really that concerned about measuring wattage either. If...
  25. vsat88

Klipsch 2.5 ?

Any thoughts on the price that I should be willing to pay for a set (8 out of 10 condition) all original no work done on these ..Kilpsch 2.5s I was considering using these in a small room 18X9 with a Dynakit ST 70 for efficiency reasons. I am using Norman Laboratory 10s now with the amp and they...
Back
Top Bottom