Search results

1. C

Two R2Rs with play in capstan - how to fix?

Hi all. I recently acquired two reel-to-reel tape recorders - a Craig 2107 and a Voice of Music Tape-O-Matic 760. Both are small, low-end, but capstan-driven units. Both work, but are suffering from the same issue - they have longitudinal play in the capstan. The Craig's play is massive - on...
  2. C

Mic for Sony DSR-PD150 camcorder?

I've acquired a Sony DSR-PD150 camcorder without a microphone, and I'm wondering what my options might be for a suitable affordable new or used microphone. I tried my Audio Technica AT9100, and it can barely be heard, even with the gain turned all the way up. I'm guessing this is because it's a...
  3. C

78 stylus options for Pfanstiehl P-228 cart?

Nothing? In that case, can anyone recommend a 0.6V-1.0V ceramic cartridge with diamond 78 stylus options?
  4. C

78 stylus options for Pfanstiehl P-228 cart?

I've recently acquired a bunch of 78s, so I bought a Pfanstiehl 864-DS73 stylus for the Pfanstiehl P-228 cartridge in my turntable. But seeing now how abrasive antique 78s are, combined with the stylus being sapphire, I reckon the stylus will be worn out before I get through all of the discs...
  5. C

Aiwa F770 ADMS glitch?

It was one of the big ones in the rear, attached to the metal heatsink. There were actually a ton of really bad solder joints around that area - I reflowed about a dozen of them. It was a surprising manufacturing defect for such a high-end piece of equipment.
  6. C

Aiwa F770 ADMS glitch?

I don't like to revive a dead thread, but I did solve this a couple of years later, and thought I should report in case anyone else has a similar issue. It was a cold solder joint on a transistor, which I spotted when I had the bottom cover off. Reflowed it, and it's working awesome today. This...
  7. C

Favorite portable CD player with translucent lid?

The other day I spotted a pack of Verbatim Digital Vinyl CD-R discs on the shelf at Walmart. They look so cool, and I just had to get them. I've never been particularly interested in CD audio, but it would be a waste to use these just for data storage, so I'd like to find a decent portable CD...
  8. C

Panasonic boombox cassette deck needs help

Thank you both for the responses - sorry for the overdue reply. I don't have access to the stereo right now, but when I do again I'll give the mechanism a good go-over and report back.
  9. C

Panasonic boombox cassette deck needs help

Hi, I have a Panasonic RX-C39 portable stereo from 1984 or thereabouts. 10 or 15 years ago the cassette deck developed a problem in that it makes a grinding noise when you play a tape. If you engage playback without a tape inserted, the deck acts fine. But when you play a tape, or when you play...
  10. C

Aiwa F770 ADMS glitch?

Oh dear, I just tripped it by pressing the play button. :screwy:
  11. C

Aiwa F770 ADMS glitch?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's controlled by a relay. I would like to think that the relay is simply loose from age and that physical shock simply trips it closed, but seeing as I can sometimes trip it by simply touching the back of the deck (I managed to do it three times in a row once just by...
  12. C

Aiwa F770 ADMS glitch?

Bump? Has anyone at least experienced this on their ADMS-equipped Aiwa deck before?
  13. C

Aiwa F770 ADMS glitch?

Hi all, I have a question about my newly acquired Aiwa AD-F770 tape deck that hopefully someone here can answer for me. The ADMS (Automatic De-Magnetizer System), works correctly as stated in the manual; it turns on for about a second when the deck is first turned on, then it turns off. My...
  14. C

Hello all...

Hi everyone, and greetings from Atlantic Canada! I've been an occasional reader of the forums here for a few years (I know users uxwbill and vwestlife through YouTube), but basically I signed up because I scored an Aiwa AD-F770 at an antiques store a few days ago. Outside of needing new belts...
Back
Top Bottom