Search results

1. J

CX-2 comparison to new preamps

cx-2 is a great preamp. and volume & mute can be controlled by a remote control, I use a less complicated one ,then the one that comes with the cx-2. it is a radio shack one that controls volume & mute for preamp and can change fm- stations on my yamaha tx-950
  2. J

RS-II vs Quantum 3

i own RS_II . I would not consider any other infinities , never heard the Quantum 3 see link http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Quantum-series-1976/index-Quantum.htm
  3. J

How did you first learn about Infinity Speakers?

i had bought a new pair of ADS speakers, replacing a pair or AR3A speakers. After a while I could not stand them. They were to bright.Went to another small stereo shop, Listened to their RS II . loved them. Traded ADS on them. Never looked back since 1970. Sound got much better when I...
  4. J

The One Infinity to own

they will not ! The only review done on them was from Canadian buyers guide ! The reviewers loved them. As long as you have enough power , they are magnificent ! When I used my yamaha Cr 1020 the were ok 70 watts per channel. But when powered my Acurus A250 ,sound stage & bass response...
  5. J

Please Post your Infinity speakers

does close placement cause listening issues? I see they are on dollies , so you move them when listening?
  6. J

I listened to my Infinity RS II yesterday .Stress relief from the Virus

with the RS II there was no longer any need to upgrade since my Sa11s1 sacd player
  7. J

Preamplifier for Yamaha B-2 Power Amplifier

Message received !!!
  8. J

WOW two P-X turntables!! along with other amazing electronics !!! High end audio lives!!
  9. J

I listened to my Infinity RS II yesterday .Stress relief from the Virus

two hours session.The ultimate social distance ! WONDERFUL . Is is really about the music!!
  10. J

CX-2 is even cheaper than Cx-1 , has remote capability , and loudness control. I bought one at sound sales man discount 50% of list price. I was told by Yamaha Tech dept to buy Cx-2 instead of Cx-1 as many Cx-1 had cold solder issues . It works so well with my Acurus A-250, Before I bought...
  11. J

try cx-1 or cx-2 yamaha ,
  12. J

What preamp to mate with my MX-1?

cx-2 does have loudness function . I never use it. I also can control volume with remote & can change FM stations with same remote
  13. J

Low level fm radio coming through infinity RS5000 speakers

Have you considered using dummy RCA plugs in the inputs in your pre-amp that are not used .I do not know the formal name for them
  14. J

Just picked up a CX2

i have a cx-2 bought at sound salesman discount of 50% of list , great pre-amp . I rarely us phono, /TT yamaha px-3. It is very clean sound especially with Grace 9FE cartridge.. Remote control for volume a a plus
  15. J

What TT's do you folks have

yamaha px-3 , bought it new in the eighties, used very rarely , main source Marantz Sa-11s1 sacd /cd
  16. J

Rs 4000 veneer

NICE
  17. J

Yamaha and Acurus - excellent!!

I have an Acurus A250 with a yamaha cx-2 , yamaha px-3 .yamaha tx-950 & Infinity RS II . Also a great combination!
  18. J

Sourcing parts for Reference Five's?

simply speakers 1-800-511-3343. they replaced the surrounds on all 4 of my 10" woofers on my RSII's
  19. J

Sourcing parts for Reference Five's?

simply speakers ,they advertise on this board
  20. J

So I have an upgrade question

RS II !!!!!!
  21. J

Talk me out of ordering a Luxman L-505uXII

very nice !
  22. J

Where do Infinity RSII rank...?

a receiver will not power RSII adequately . For several years I used an Yamaha cr 1020 receiver, (90 watts per channel RMS, tested MC Labs road tests) Once I blew a emit tweeter fuse on one of the RS II . I later switched to a yamaha Cx-2 preamp & Acurus A-200 power amp/. Sound stage...
  23. J

Where do Infinity RSII rank...?

RSII are amazing speakers! They never got reviewed by US reviewers. there was a Canadian buyers guide review that loved them,as do I . When backed by powers amp of good quality & a preamp, the sound stage & sound reproduction is simply amazing!! I can feel the bass in my stomach with high...
  24. J

Integrated Amps

my old cr1020 tested out at 90 watts per channel at 8 ohms( at .25 % distortion limit of test instrument) both channels driven at Macintosh Clinic , Yamaha rated 70 watts per Channel at 8 ohms
  25. J

Does this crossover look right to you?

you really notice tweeter when playing high frequency music r e
Back
Top Bottom