Search results

1. damacman

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

Wild Bill . . . if your jammin' loud enough to have RCA cables unseat themselves, you've got me beat!
  2. damacman

MC2300 meter issues

Much mystery about the nature of the black faced 2300s ... we may never know. I never saw a pic of the studio installation, just connected with the man who salvaged what he could from it before it was leveled.
  3. damacman

McIntosh C55 and C2800

Agreed. Really the first offerings I've seen since the C70 that really blow my skirt up.
  4. damacman

Actual watts....who can shed light on this subject?

Let's say that you had two high quality DMMs and the tools to capture peaks down into the milliseconds - one records RMS Voltage and the other Current of the amp's speaker output. The product of those readings, captured at the very same point in time, is not power when driving anything but a...
  5. damacman

MC2300 meter issues

There was just such a studio in CA that had ten such black faced 2300s and numerous 2105s - a fire destroyed the place. I tried my best to buy some of the amps but the divorce ... well ...
  6. damacman

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

This thread really should be moved to the Politics forum ... on another 'site.
  7. damacman

MC2300 meter issues

As we don't see many black faced MC2300s, kindly post a few pics for the archives.
  8. damacman

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

Audiophile grade RCA cables with kung-fu grip ...
  9. damacman

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

Holy cowbell cat woman ...
  10. damacman

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

I believe I exceeded the limit by that amount once.
  11. damacman

McIntosh has a $1,800... clock. (MCLK12)

We gotta' have something to argue about ... !
  12. damacman

Mc30 hum goes away when gain,hum or rca is touched

I was referring to an RCA shorting plug.
  13. damacman

Simple PC Music Playback

And how does it sound?
  14. damacman

That would make for an interesting before / after analysis. I wonder just how much better it could get. I've been just gobsmacked with the original '61 MC275 I got from Mike Gibson. After spending some time with it, I'm pretty convinced that most simply have no idea just how good McIntosh...
  15. damacman

McIntosh C55 and C2800

I personally think a C2800 with an MQ112 would be a great preamp to build a system around - and the fact that you can biamp with it is also really f'n slick! Some 1.25s down low with a pair of 3500s up top - yeehaw! @kevzep - your new pre has arrived!
  16. damacman

McIntosh C55 and C2800

Unfortunately, the MC phono section has an Ortofon SUT with a narrow range of compatibility. Or in my case that's a good thing as I use a Per Winfeld with it!
  17. damacman

McIntosh C55 and C2800

Well, these aren't balanced pieces anyhow ... even on my C200, the processor loops are RCA only.
  18. damacman

Hiss is simply the noise floor of the amplifier, which efficient speakers can expose. But then again, these amps were made in the '50s! Lots has changed since and it's now possible to achieve a noise floor several magnitudes better. Hum is not the same and is typically a result of ground...
  19. damacman

McIntosh C55 and C2800

These gonna sell like Hotcakes!
  20. damacman

And what about when you plug a shorting plug into the input?
  21. damacman

Actual watts....who can shed light on this subject?

Power Factor must be accounted for ... Just buy one of these - https://wccaraudio.com/smd-audio-multimeter-amm-1/ - one of my best friends designed and engineered it.
  22. damacman

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

Still the same time here in AZ.
  23. damacman

How many amplifiers can you run or "watts RMS" on a single 15A circuit?

"on program peaks" would be the key there ... which means very little as it applies to how breakers trip. I currently have a pair of 'em on a single 15A circuit. I ran (2) 2600s, an NAD218THX, and an Integra DTA-70.1 all on a single 15A circuit before installing a dedicated subpanel for the...
  24. damacman

How many amplifiers can you run or "watts RMS" on a single 15A circuit?

The knowledge is out there for those who seek it.
Back
Top Bottom