Search results

1. B

The lowly AU-101 = crude and simple?

OK - I'm going to upload one of my own vids on YouTube of the little AU-101! My speakers of choice for the video will be a pair of Mordaunt Short Pageants... watch this space it'll be uploaded shortly ..... I am limited to using an iPhone for the recording process, sorry, but it will be fun...
  2. B

Good to know the AU-101 isn't a crude design - but there again - I shouldn't be asking the heavily biased 'exclusively Sansui' forum should I None of you are likely to say it's a pile of pants :) here.
  3. B

The meager 15 Watts p/c seems to work well with the Mordaunt Short Pageants in my 'so far' limited experience of this (or any other) Sansui. This one is in mint condition - I did however need to squirt copious amounts of switch cleaner from the inside to get the left channel working - but now...
  4. B

I have just come across the Sansui AU-101 (I'm a Sansui virgin) and some say this is nothing special, in fact its a crude and simple design. I guess even the best manufacturers have to make an entry level amp, so should this one be dismissed as a high quality amp but instead be seen as a...
  5. B

Show Me Your Sansui!

Nothing special (I've been told) but this is my first encounter of a Sansui...
  6. B

First Impressions Yamaha A-S801

Quite an old thread here - but worth opening up again for those enthusiasts of the Yam A-S801 based on my experience. Firstly the 801 is an excellent amp and I am the owner of one because it's such a versatile and competent amp; however here's the thing - if you are using the internal DAC of...
  7. B

The Yamaha A-S2100

What a read - I've gone through all this with interest - I was impressed with Yamaha when my son recently purchased the lowly A-S501, I was so impressed I bought the A-S801 (yesterday, now running it in) - but my appetite is wanting more, for example an A-S1100 (I can't afford the 2100 right...
  8. B

Yamaha's new crop of integrated amps

I really like the look of the new Yamaha range of amps! I also like the look of their custom built transformers instead of going down the usual torroid choice. Are Yamaha's still built and designed in Japan through and through?
  9. B

JVC Amplifiers & Tuners - a few questions and opinions requested

Yes I will do thank you! Their patented Super A design looks very interesting and certainly seems to deliver the goods even from the lowly X2. I mentioned this in another thread but it would seem that we have possibly overlooked good vintage amps as an alternative (if not perhaps the only way)...
  10. B

No that wasn't the point! You could simply buy a vintage amp or amp/receiver then get a pro to do the soldering so no hassle (if you looked at the website reference). Or of course buy a ready serviced vintage amp. In doing so the vintage amp is as good as new and (again in reference to the...
  11. B

New vs Vintage Yamaha amps ?? I'm very interested in purchasing a Yamaha AS-xxx amplifier, I like the fact they use custom built transformers and avoid the common torroid in their design. Very retro throughout. My only fear with buying something new is borne from this website ...
  12. B

JVC Amplifiers & Tuners - a few questions and opinions requested

OK this is an old thread I know but, I've recently acquired a JVC A-X2 - I'm bowled over by how good this amp sounds! Looking at the design internally, are there many ICs in the path or is it all mainly discrete? It may very well be their patented Super A design delivering the goods. Very very...
Back
Top Bottom