Search results

1. E

Jensen Coaxial Information Appreciated

Hey All A couple of weeks ago I stumbled onto a mismatched pair of Jensen coaxial speakers in what I believe are home built cabinets. As you all can see one speaker is a coaxial with an additional tweeter. (?) The other one is a coaxial 3 function (woofer, whizzer, and tweeter)...
  2. E

manolin slicer

Hey All A couple of months ago I bought me a manolin slicer off the Ebay. Well yesterday I thought I would cut some corn off the cob. Apparently you have to be smarter than the corn cobs to use a manolin. I took of a dime sized slice of my thumb. :thumbsdown: So a word to the wise. Use...
  3. E

I Just Joined the Club

Hey all I finally joined the McIntosh club. So far I'm pretty tickled. Eric
  4. E

moved the k-horns upstairs

Hey All Well, I finally pushed past my procrastination and moved my Great Plains 604's downstairs and moved the K-horns upstairs. It was a 2 hour job involving alot of manual labor and a refrigerator dolly. The move really made me question my membership in the whole chasing the better sound...
  5. E

spring is here (in Kansas )

Hey I spent the weekend farming. planted a new peach tree, mowed the yard, spaded and expanded the garden. I might have even got a little burn on my bald head. rhubarb freshly spaded. I did dump my charcoal ashes on it earlier. Eric
  6. E

Chili contest

Hey Last weekend they had the yearly chili contest at the local watering hole. I ended up placing 3rd. In full disclosure the bowl is left overs. Eric
  7. E

Ugly drum smoker

Hey all Christmas time is here. And I'm needing/wanting something new. On the kc. Craigslist there's a guy building and selling the ugly drum smoker. His has a quite a few upgrades from the standard build. (Webber lid, wheels, thermometer, better fire bucket) I thought I'd consult the BBQ...
  8. E

Laundry night /heathkit/st-35

Hey I'm a doin laundry tonight and thought I'd share. Sony cd Heathkit 141a DIY st 35 Klh 23 Patsy Kline Yeah, those are klipsch k horns in the back ground. The heart wants what the heart wants. Eric
  9. E

Theoman great shipper

Hey I just received the 2 Pioneer receivers. Very well packed and faster than anticipated. Thanks Pete. Eric
  10. E

What you smoking over Labor Day weekend?

Hey I'm a thinking brisket. What you got going on? Eric
  11. E

Panamax Mr 5100 problems

Hey All I've been trying to get a power conditioner worked into my main system. I bought a Panamax Mr 5100 (new) . Ive also had a dedicated circuit ran for my stereo/tv. Ok here's the problem. I plug it in and only get a light for the 1st. Bank of plug ins. (Always on) . Nothing from the...
  12. E

It's peach pickin time in Kansas

Hey, The title says it all. I have one tree. It was loaded down this year . I picked 2 small buckets and 2 Walmart bags last night. I didn't even get all the way around the tree or up high. They aren't as big as I'd like but they have a pretty good flavor. At my house you gotta pick them...
  13. E

1983 cornwall terminal upgrade advice needed

Hey, Like the title says I'm looking to go with 5 ways but am hoping that I can get some advice on what others have used . I'm not real handy but was looking at the cup type terminals (parts express ) protect them . A while back I picked up 2 sets of just the screw in 5 ways but of course...
  14. E

Mark knopfler in kc.

Hey Anybody else going to this show? (Monday night) I bought a $94.00 ticket today. They said there was GA and some in the corners where mine is left. I've heard the midland theater is a pretty good venue. Never been.Eric
  15. E

anybody go to Lawrence, Ks. this weekend?

Hey, I was just curious if anyone attended the Lawrence record sale. For those not in the know every year there is a charity for the deaf that collects records/used equipment. Then they have a two day sale. I went last night and picked up 5or 6 records and a cute little technics sa-5200...
  16. E

Teac TN-400

Hey, Anybody been watchin the Teac TN-400's selling on the auction site? No Af. Just wondering if anybody has any opinions on this TT from back in the day or if anyone other than me bought one. Not a lot of info on these. New in the box out of ALT. Yeah their probably a money pit but...
  17. E

Bozak b200yc tweeters?

Hey everbody, Heres the deal. There is a guy on ebay selling bozak speakers/parts. I contacted him and he was pushing the 200yc tweeters but I was wanting the 200y tweeters to complete the Tobin upgrades to my 302s. My question is whats the difference in the two.Thx,Eric
  18. E

Old Klipsh Cornwall X-overs Value

Hey Guys and Gals, I just got my Crites X-overs in and am enjoying them. My question is. Is there any real value to an original pair of B-3 X-overs and what would be the use of them? My reason for asking isnt just greed (Ive got plenty of that) I was thinking of maybe auctioning them off for...
  19. E

New x-overs for my Cornwalls!

Hey guys and gals, I just got done installing my Crites B-3 x-overs in my Cornwall 1s.:banana: I guess they really did need them as Moray James suggested a couple of months ago. I just bought these speakers off CL this summer so I really never knew what they sounded like new. I can say that...
  20. E

Dan055 aces in my book

I recently ,well not so recently I didnt know this place was here .But anywho I did purchase a pair of mono amps from Dan and have been very happy ever since . Very good quality, and the help he has given me getting started in tubes is very much aprecited! I would not hesatate to do business...
  21. E

False corners for K-Horns

Does anybody have ideas/plans for building false corners? Ive seen the ones in the owners manual,but am sure some of you folks have ideas on how to improve on these. Im not much of a carpender but do want them built to last. Thx,Eric
  22. E

Integrated Tube Amp For Lascalas Or Khorns

Im going nuts trying to find out what amp to buy for the speakers mentioned .I am on the hunt for one or the other through epay .not much on cr in kc anymore.But the ? at hand is what amp to get ,I want 35 to 55 watts,remote,phono and of course good sound with low noise. This will be my first...
  23. E

New guy from Kc.

I ve been picking peoples brains from the side lines for a few weeks ,thought Id better say hey. I was into stereo stuff back when I got out of high school [class of 79 ],but seemed to lose interest over the years. A couple of months ago I found a Sherwood S7900A at a garage sale and now Im...
Back
Top Bottom