Search results

1. K

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jul 30, 2012
  2. K

karmanfamily, top notch.

thank you!!
  3. K

byoungman1 delivers another stellar set of tubes. THANKS!!!

All I can say is that if you are looking for tubes, he is your man! All tubes he ever sold me were absolutely great!
  4. K

Threatening Message from AudioQuest

'HOWEVER, you would think AQ and others like them might partner with Amazon to say something like...."xxxx is NOT an authorized AQ dealer. Any products purchased from xxxx will not have a warranty by AQ.' They have to be very careful with that too, they are not allowed to do that without any...
  5. K

Threatening Message from AudioQuest

I get the same message every time I list something new from Audioquest on Amazon. At first I asked them what federal law I have broken, now I just reply with a friendly 'F*&# Y!&' There is nothing they can do about a seller selling its cables. Even if you were a dealer of other brands and not...
  6. K

JLange2010: Thank you!!

I bought a pair of Wharfedale Jade 3 speakers from JLange2010. They were as described and shipped promptly. A great deal on great speakers! Thank you!!
  7. K

Reviewers comparing $1,000 gear with $10,000 gear.

I'll find a few examples. From the top of my mind, pretty much every review of Goldenear Speakers make that comparison.
  8. K

Almost in every edition of Stereophile, The Absolute Sound and so on.
  9. K

It wasn't meant this serious though...
  10. K

It is common practice since the dawn of reviews, but it just made a light bulb flash up for a second in my brain... Why do reviewers more often than not compare a (for example) $1,000 piece of gear with a $10,000 piece of gear and then going on to say that it can compete with the more expensive...
  11. K

Best $50 Headphones/Earphones for Study?

I have tried Sure SE535, Sennheiser IE80 and heard Sennsheiser IE800 and for the $15 (including shipping) the Beteran will give them a run for the money. Allow them to burn in for about 20-30 hours, they are a bit harsh at first.
  12. K

Best $50 Headphones/Earphones for Study?

I just tried a pair of the Beteran KZ-ATE, $15 IEMs and they will beat anything out there up to $500.
  13. K

Mister Pig is alright like bacon!

A smooth and very nice transaction with Mister Pig. Highly recommended!
  14. K

2 thumbs up for BNR_1

It was a pleasure dealing with Gary! He knew what he wanted, paid fast and let me know when the items had arrived. WOuld not hesitate to deal with Gary again!
  15. K

Karmanfamily a Great Seller

thank you!
  16. K

Kef LS50 vs. Goldenear Aon 3

Trying to get me killed?
  17. K

The LS50's are really detailed, without being annoyingly so. Spray Paint... that is what my wife said. I told her that if she spray paints my orange drivers black, I will spray paint her orange Prada purse black! (by the way, I do not recommend a reaction like I did. I had to bring flowers home)
  18. K

Some of you may remember a little comparison I made between the Goldenear Aon 3 and the B&W 805S: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481472 Recently I picked up (read: stole) a pair of KEF LS50's from Canada (long live the weak CA$) and I put them up against my beloved...
  19. K

smooth transaction with jjohnson

And another smooth transaction on AK. AK members are great to deal with and jjohnson is absolutely no exception. Thank you for your purchase!
  20. K

Shipping large speakers. who to use.

Avoid UPS at all cost! I have NEVER received anything over 15lbs in 1 piece when shipped with UPS. A pair is speakers arrived with a hole in the box and a damaged speaker from some kind of stick or pole that went through the box.
  21. K

Question on piano black finish care.

I have speakers with a shiny black top and I dust them of and clean them with the inside of a white the sock. Up till now it didn't scratch and no swirl marks. Actual polishing I haven't done yet
  22. K

Getting into my first mac amp - Suggestions!

SO, if you want something vintage, rare (only 390 made) and play those speakers all day, get a MC2150... Wait a minute.. I think I have one of those on the way.. ;-)
  23. K

Vintage 5.0 solid as a rock

Another great experience on AK! Trustworthy all the way, fast with paying and knows what he wants. No 100 messages of tire kicking, 1 and done!
  24. K

Are Slippers, Lightbulbs and Underwear Audio Enhancements?

Some food for thought that I think you might enjoy. While emailing about iPhone covers not being an audio equipment accessory, the complainant pointed out a few very unusual things that nobody would ever think were related to the whole music listening experience. After giving it some...
  25. K

Headphone amp suggestions needed

Depending on budget, I would go with anything from Schiit. Used their amps from the Magni to the Lyr and they all sound great in their priceranges. the only one that I would skip is the Schiit Vali, the tubes they use are real sensitive to 'ringing'. When you tap the amp the headphones will give...
Back
Top Bottom