Search results

1. K

byoungman1 delivers another stellar set of tubes. THANKS!!!

All I can say is that if you are looking for tubes, he is your man! All tubes he ever sold me were absolutely great!
  2. K

JLange2010: Thank you!!

I bought a pair of Wharfedale Jade 3 speakers from JLange2010. They were as described and shipped promptly. A great deal on great speakers! Thank you!!
  3. K

Reviewers comparing $1,000 gear with $10,000 gear.

It is common practice since the dawn of reviews, but it just made a light bulb flash up for a second in my brain... Why do reviewers more often than not compare a (for example) $1,000 piece of gear with a $10,000 piece of gear and then going on to say that it can compete with the more expensive...
  4. K

Mister Pig is alright like bacon!

A smooth and very nice transaction with Mister Pig. Highly recommended!
  5. K

2 thumbs up for BNR_1

It was a pleasure dealing with Gary! He knew what he wanted, paid fast and let me know when the items had arrived. WOuld not hesitate to deal with Gary again!
  6. K

Kef LS50 vs. Goldenear Aon 3

Some of you may remember a little comparison I made between the Goldenear Aon 3 and the B&W 805S: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481472 Recently I picked up (read: stole) a pair of KEF LS50's from Canada (long live the weak CA$) and I put them up against my beloved...
  7. K

smooth transaction with jjohnson

And another smooth transaction on AK. AK members are great to deal with and jjohnson is absolutely no exception. Thank you for your purchase!
  8. K

Vintage 5.0 solid as a rock

Another great experience on AK! Trustworthy all the way, fast with paying and knows what he wants. No 100 messages of tire kicking, 1 and done!
  9. K

Are Slippers, Lightbulbs and Underwear Audio Enhancements?

Some food for thought that I think you might enjoy. While emailing about iPhone covers not being an audio equipment accessory, the complainant pointed out a few very unusual things that nobody would ever think were related to the whole music listening experience. After giving it some...
  10. K

Budget Giant Killers!

A little while back I bought a pair of little cheap speakers to use in my test setup. I use that to test the gear that comes in. Just to see if it works. I bought them for $90 on Amazon, used, but in great shape. Can't beat that with a stick, but think about this: New these sell for $120...
  11. K

NAD M51: my experience with a detail king!

Here are my 2 cents about the NAD M51... Last week I received my new (used) M51 and connected it to both my setups with several different inputs and file qualities. the first setup is my test setup, it has good gear except for the speakers. The used gear is as follows: PC with files...
  12. K

Words about the Woo Audio WA7 from an addict...

Hello all, My name is Raymond and I am an Audioholic... The latest vice I have been hooked on for a little while is headphones and the headphone experience enhancing amplifiers with or without the catalyst DAC. Having used a variety of combinations givinig me different highs, I think I...
  13. K

Pathos Logos, my thoughts (soon)

The waiting is over! It's here and do are its new feet. I HAD to change the feet, they were plastic! Now they are the better aluminum ones... That thing is HEAVY! 65lbs, as much as my 9 year old... After putting it in place and connecting the cables it was ready to be turned on. A few...
  14. K

Vincent SV-236

I would like to share the wonderful first impressions of an amp that has been on my wish list for a long time. The Vincent SV-236... Saturday early afternoon I arrived home and a nice big box was waiting for me. 'Hello my friend, finally we meet!' Like a boy on christmas morning i unpacked...
  15. K

Vintage 5.0

It was a lot if fun trading our Maverick gear! Ken's A-1 and my D-1 swapped residences. Was great and easy to deal with Ken, many thanks!!
  16. K

Bryston BDA-1 vs. PS Audio PWD

I'll start off by saying this: I posted this in the Bryston forum, guess who came out on top in my opinion... The BDA-1! And here's how I came to that conclusion: For about a year I have loved my PS Audio PWD, very detailed and crystal clear. Played around with cables, speakers, amps and...
  17. K

1962 VW 'hippie' Van

My 9 y/o girls bought me a parted out 1962 VW 'hippie' Van. They know I love cars and building stuff with them and they surprised me with this one! Today we finished the build we did together, I'm so proud of them! Attached is a picture of the final result.
  18. K

My tube amp needs a little help with the bass, please help!

Hello, I have a Primaluna Prologue 5 power amp and i replaced the stock KT88 tubes with Gold Lion KT88 tubes. This amp can take pretty much any tube that fits in a KT88 socket and I am looking for a tube that will give me a bit more bass. It is decent, but not as deep as it used to be with...
  19. K

B&W 805S vs. Goldenear Aon 3 (kinda review thing)

Last night I put the Goldenear Aon 3 against the B&W 805S and the difference is huge! The b&w went first and sounds very clean, detailed, warm and every instrument and the singer can easily be identified and placed, but not fatiguing at all. There is a perfect balance between the high, mid and...
  20. K

JWN custom tube amp, any experiences out there??

YOOHOO!!! I just bought a custom built JWN tube amp and for the money it blew me away!! Blew me away so hard that I lost all my hair.. lol Does anyone else have experience with amps of Jim Nicholls? THANKS!!
Back
Top Bottom