Search results

1. nj pheonix

Semiconductor cross reference book.

There are a lot of threads here about cross referencing. The books are somewhat useless because aside from nte few if any suppliers have a cross reference book. That's not to say most replacements aren't available Now you need to read spec sheet and match up applications to your need. There...
  2. nj pheonix

Well, well, well

There was probably a time , not so long ago that might've ended up on my shelf. I find myself listening more and tinkering less. Kind of where I wanted to end up anyway.
  3. nj pheonix

Nashville

Vince Gill left the Time Jumpers. Was with the band from '10 to '20.
  4. nj pheonix

Nashville

I recently got back from Nashville. I really had no clue what to expect. First I really enjoyed the trip. Took a tour or the Ryman auditorium. Saw the Saturday night show at the grand Ole oprey. I recommend both. Went to Carters vintage guitars. If you have any interest in guitars , I really...
  5. nj pheonix

Recapping and restoring and upgrading a Heathkit AR-1515 receiver

I don't know for sure, but I think, dlucy has the original build documents. Also when he rebuilt mine, IIRC, the main cap values weren't available in the (physical) size as the originals. I think he used smaller caps and build up around them so they fit the Clamps. I haven't heard from Doug in...
  6. nj pheonix

Do you know what speakers are in this video?

First glance by by admittedly uneducated eye were quads. Being how 2 answers came in a minute apart with the same answer , I'd bet they're right.
  7. nj pheonix

Recapping and restoring and upgrading a Heathkit AR-1515 receiver

If you don't have a dim bulb tester, build one. I think I'd try to isolate the ps from anything else and see if the short clears. If it doesn't, it's in the ps, ( which is my guess). If not , likely in one of the amp boards, isolate one at a time. If you were a tech, you probably forgot more...
  8. nj pheonix

Technics su-v4 output stage

Quick glance at an online schematic seems that it does. I don't know this for a fact , though meters being the only (?) difference, it would
  9. nj pheonix

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

Could i ask a novice question? Those appear to be older style shifter/ derailers. Can you in fact buy new old style (non indexed derailers and levers)? or am i not recognizing modern pieces?
  10. nj pheonix

fiber optic single strand. any suggestions

Any fiber ( optical ) audio cable will do.
  11. nj pheonix

SAE POTENTIOMETER PROBLEM

There should be #s on that , that should help. Do you have service manual and or schematic? Is it possible they just need to be cleaned? Just from your pictures I'd say we can't help identify. A little more info on your end might help us help you better.
  12. nj pheonix

DPDT KNIFE SWITCH - DOUBLE POLE DOUBLE THROW /2 AMPS ONE SET OF SPEAKERS

now we're talking . No affiliation https://www.amazon.com/Baomain-Double-Electric-Safety-Switch/dp/B01LYJYCXM?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3HMB6GLG0WJ17
  13. nj pheonix

In-rush Switch Box for McIntosh 240: Necessary?

I was thinking one switch runs through lamp and other switch bypasses lamp. My thought was let heaters warm before applying full b+. Again if it functions properly (the 240) not necessary.
  14. nj pheonix

In-rush Switch Box for McIntosh 240: Necessary?

It looks like a dim bulb tester with a shunt ( a switch that bypasses the bulb). IMO while its not a terrible idea, its really not necessary. I suspect most people running 240s and/or 30s or 40s are running them without issues without one. Its more of a test tool than a protective device. kind...
  15. nj pheonix

What is a good substitute for a Sony 6060FW receiver?

a 6120 is about the same animal. both built like a tank. the 6065 has the sonic chops just not quite robustly made.
  16. nj pheonix

Turntable Hum, Can't Solve It

I had ( probably still do someplace) a budgie phono pre. I'm not saying it's your problem but I seem to remember I had an issue and reflowed a solder joint which caused a hum. At the time , I didn't have time to dig into it so I set it aside. So if I found today it'd probably have the same hum...
  17. nj pheonix

EV-charging causing mechanical hum.

1st world problem. You're probably not alone. At the very least I suspect whatever artifacts are being created will be addressed in future designs.
  18. nj pheonix

Dual 1245 problems

It sounds like possibly 2 different issues. With the anti skate set properly the arm should move neither in nor out when queued . It's not impossible there's a skip on your album. I'd try another album. Some carts are better trackers than others. You might not have that problem using another...
  19. nj pheonix

Info on carts for Beogram

Very much appreciate the info. Thanks
  20. nj pheonix

Yes TX 2 Thanks
  21. nj pheonix

Autoformers / what do they do?

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mcintosh-technology.336389/
  22. nj pheonix

Hey, My brother- in-law is with his nephew who has PX-2. Apparently he needs a cart. It's one of the rabbit holes I managed to avoid along the journey. I seem to remember they have specific carts though. Also I think there are vendors that retip them. Could somebody shed a little light on...
Back
Top Bottom