Search results

1. Ronald1973

I'm still here...just checking in

I've been meaning to drop in for a bit and never got around to it. I think I've mentioned I was my Mom's full time caregiver the last few years. She was diagnosed two years ago this month with kidney and heart failure. She was told she had 3 options: dialysis, transplant, or be made comfortable...
  2. Ronald1973

Grandpa is going to brag a bit..

My son and daughter in law came for a visit weekend before last. Naturally, the highlight is my grandbaby! She's trying to crawl and can hold her own bottle now. She just turned 6 months. Papa Ron started decorating for Christmas early because he knew she'd be fascinated by it!
  3. Ronald1973

Getting external CD drive to burn

My CD drive bit the dust, so I ordered an external. My computer picks it up automatically that it exists and even recognizes when I put in a disc. I want to be able to burn my music to it but I can't find any settings in Windows Media Player or Media Monkey to do it. I'm running Win7. I'm just...
  4. Ronald1973

In the you can't make this up department...

I was sick all weekend, literally throwing up a good majority of the time. On Monday morning, I gave in and had an ambulance come out. I couldn't hardly stand up and couldn't rest if I laid down. I probably wouldn't have objected if someone wanted to shoot me! I certainly couldn't drive. The...
  5. Ronald1973

I'm a granddaddy!

Laura was born yesterday afternoon, 8 lb. and 11 oz, a little chunky monkey!
  6. Ronald1973

Sluggish and slow Windows 10 machine

I recently bought a refurbed Win 10 machine. Yeah, I know, but it was all I could afford for the time being. I'm caught in that ugly game with Social Security where I've been denied my disability and have filed yet another appeal. I'm doing paid surveys online for which I get paid in Amazon gift...
  7. Ronald1973

I don't see a video game forum, so Atari 2600 emulator question

I've been looking at the Hyperkin RetroN 77 over on Amazon. I'm in a "that or nothing" situation since I'll be having to purchase from Amazon due to having Amazon gift cards. I have a box full of old Atari 2600 titles that I'd love to play again. I had considered buying a modded original...
  8. Ronald1973

I need a replacement for Polderbits

My Windows 7 machine bit the dust last weekend, and I'm getting my new 10 machine finished setting up as I type. I wasn't completely shocked, and I was long since prepared with literally almost everything backed up to an external drive, so I didn't lose anything. The only thing I can't replace...
  9. Ronald1973

Guess who's going to be a grandpa?

At 46 years old, I'm about to be a granddaddy. It looks like it'll be January which will actually make me 47; my daughter in law isn't far enough along for them to tell the sex yet, but I've already put in my order for a granddaughter. I've also informed them that I will not be doing diaper...
  10. Ronald1973

Instead of answers from the neurosurgeon, I have more questions...

I was finally scheduled to see a neurosurgeon last week. He looked at my MRI and said he could definitely see where I had bulging discs, but it wouldn't require surgery. Okay, that is GOOD news. As we got further in, he started asking where the bulk of the pain was. On my right side. The left...
  11. Ronald1973

So I'm a royally ticked off and unhappy son of a biscuit eater right now!

I didn't put this in the turntable section since it's not a question or comment about the actual product, but just a "I need to vent" post. We've all been in this boat, I'm sure. Absolutely nothing ticks me off worse than to get a used product when I pay for a new one. I've been without a...
  12. Ronald1973

Windows Explorer is crapping out

I do a lot of music, which involves Windows Explorer obviously (running Windows 7). Several months ago I started to get the black screen when I'd go to edit a file. I would reboot the computer and all would be well for a week or two. Then it devolved down to every few days. I took the computer...
  13. Ronald1973

Any Android experts in the building?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Prime 3 that I've had since November. About a month ago, it all of a sudden started adding photos to my photo gallery that I didn't take. It has downloaded Facebook profile photos, game photos from games I play, weird screenshots of the home screen. It makes 3 folders all...
  14. Ronald1973

The rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated!

I sort of got busy with life. I keep thinking I'll log back in and start participating again. Well...I'm back! I don't remember if I shared the fact that I was in a hit and run last year. I'm dealing with a host of medical issues now, I can't work, and I've hired an attorney to help me get the...
  15. Ronald1973

I finally have the MRI results

I went to see my doctor this morning. I had already determined this wasn't going to be the standard 5 minutes, call in my prescriptions, and send me packing. I'm getting to a point I can't even be in the store more than 10 minutes without my legs being on fire and my knees hurting. I'm...
  16. Ronald1973

Windows Media Player won't open

It's been happening on and off for ages, but it's decided to go crazy tonight. I rebooted my computer, opened up Media Player, and it won't even show me half of my music. I close it down and it won't reopen. I rebooted and it does the same thing again. No matter how many times I click the icon...
  17. Ronald1973

Claustrophobic and getting an MRI Monday

Any helpful advice? I could down a pain pill and muscle relaxer which might make me oblivious to being cooped up lol!!! Seriously, any tips or tricks on how a claustrophobic person deals with this? I wonder if they'd let me go in feet first instead of head first? It's my lower back they're doing.
  18. Ronald1973

"New" Hank Williams material

The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's website has been adding heretofore unheard "new" Hank Williams material. The sound quality isn't that great on most of them, but it is vintage Hank. Most are live recordings from the Opry and Louisiana Hayride, but there is what appears to be the...
  19. Ronald1973

When Plan A doesn't work out...

Back in October I posted about the excitement of a new job, etc., etc. They put me up in my own office-the whole works. A month and a half into the job they decided it was not financially feasible to keep the office open. They told me I can continue to show them as my present employer on job...
  20. Ronald1973

Kidney stones it is :/

I was diagnosed last year with two ruptured discs and a third one setting up arthritis. I'm used to pain on a daily basis. I noticed the last few days the back pain was getting worse. I blamed it on the ruptured discs and crawling underneath the house yesterday. I wound up in the ER this...
  21. Ronald1973

Recommend me a decent VCR

I have a ton of VHS still yet, things that have not saw a digital media release and likely won't. I realize VHS is not a great format, but I think there's better than the $200 DVD/VCR Magnavox combo I've been dealing with for the last 10 or so years. Here are my parameters: Much of what I'm...
  22. Ronald1973

Fiber Optic Internet? Any experiences?

So for now, we are stuck with some slow butt Internet through the phone company that I swear is dial-up at times. There aren't any other options out here (not counting Hughes Net) for Internet, AND they make you keep a landline phone to get their service. I recently found out our electric...
  23. Ronald1973

More rigorous testing for elderly drivers? Yes? No?

I went grocery shopping today. I went to return my buggy to the buggy stall, and here comes an old man barreling down the lot. The next thing I know, he's rammed my basket with the side of his truck and was initially just going to keep going it seemed. He jumped out and proceeded to cuss me for...
  24. Ronald1973

Do they still make the A/C to D/C 120 adapters w/ multiple tips?

When I was a kid, you could find them anywhere. They had a big brick that plugged in the wall and you selected what voltage (up to 12 volts) and a tip to fit your item. Someone gave me a small Christmas knick knack that takes a AC to DC converter with a standard looking tip, but no converter. Is...
Back
Top Bottom