Search results

1. R

I owned a 8650 and those letters on front panel were engraved. Very good quality stuff! Cheers...

I owned a 8650 and those letters on front panel were engraved. Very good quality stuff! Cheers, Rudy
  2. R

white noise of C28

Thanks for your prompt valuable comments, Terry & David, I'll try to access the power supply first, before proceed to the signal chains. And I'm thinking if you need a musical dynamic, somehow you've to trade off by an addition of noise level, am I wrong?:scratch2: I'm just afraid to...
  3. R

white noise of C28

Thanks all for the comments, I'm in asia & so shipping of the units to US may be costly or impratical. c_dk, I'll try to select some better signal transistors, and lower the noise floor in the power rails of C28, let's see if this help. Just sharing, in the past I most likely appreciate...
  4. R

white noise of C28

Hi, Mc fans, I'm recently all in love with vintage mc & acquired both c28 & mc2105, they're well match, really sound musical & dynamic! But one thing I notice is that when the input volume of mc2105 was turned to maximum, I notice a substantial white noise which can be heard from my speaker...
  5. R

AU-517 recap and clean-up (with nudies!)

>>>>still like to know how you came up with that? Both the NPN and PNP beta's are not in good match during mass production. I doubt that Sansui will match it one by one. And after out of factory, the environmental factors which drift the parameters will also come up with trouble/complains...
  6. R

>>>>>>>>Try to kiss it at that bias setting and you'll burn your lips. I think that is insane advice. Scott T. Scott, no offense...... Insane? Have you tried this setting ? It's possible (and I think it's reasonable) to bias the o/p transistor in a linear region while the it still...
  7. R

Wow, what a nice job! Congratulate with you lovely 517. Try set the idle bias current of o/p transistors to 80-90mA range (rather than 20mA as claimed in service manual). And you'll kiss this amp. :yes: Cheers, Rudy
  8. R

Good digital tuners

Good digital FM tuner is rare. While I addicted to FM tuning & fall in love with my modded KT-8300. Here's below digital I suggest which surprise me in their sonic performance, Harman Kardon TU-9600 Sony ST-J60 Akai AT-V04 Happy FM tuning.:music: Rudy
  9. R

How to keep my "new" technics sl-ps900 cd-player healthy?

This is a serious cdp which worth the effort to keep it healthy. I got two of it and one is just for standy-by. The laser head is in magnetic suspension mode and the digital servo worked amazing fast (Actually the fastest I tried so far). The MASH DAC provide an unique way of D to A in a...
  10. R

AU-417+TU-417 vs. AU-717+TU-717

Hello, oldhifiguy, I have AU-517 for 4 straight years up till now, several months ago I bought an AU-607, I modded the primary windings of 607 from parallel .to series and feed my country 220V voltage, it work pretty good, not hear much difference when compare to my lovely 517. This 517/607...
  11. R

All Sansui amps like this?

Hi tominredbank, I share the same experience. I tried many vintage solid state amplifier and I just admit that none, yes I say none, can perform so.... musical. Some amplifier may be very good in spec, low distortion, higher power rating, better damping, but in view of musical performance, my...
  12. R

Magnat RV1, any idea?

Hi tube buddy, I'm new to tube era and recently interest in this German tube amp, anyone can share with me his/her review on this new breed ? Many thanks in advance. :music: Rudy
  13. R

AU-517 problems - phono section acting up

The phono amp of AU-517 deserve to get service, and I had same problem as yours, I tried some low noise japanese type BJT, but at the end, I found 2SA872A and 2SC1775A suit the needs, and it restore the sansui's classic sound. The bottom line is low noise and relatively high gain (Hfe > 500 is...
  14. R

Any Magnat speaker user here?

Hello, I just purchase an old Magnat Sigma 800 speaker and it's sound nice. :music:, seems not many people talking about this speaker brand, are they solely market across europe and not put much effort elsewhere? Just curious. If any member have any experience for this speaker brand, please...
  15. R

Trio-Kenwood Catalog 1977 : High Res Scans

Dear Ken buddies, :thmbsp: Thanks & those copies are highly appreciated. Rudy
  16. R

Kenwood KA-7100 vs. KA-7300

I like the serious design of KA-7300 when compare with 7100, but as EW mention, the power amp module is difficult to locate, as one of the module of my KA-7300 was blown up :tears:. Would anyone direct me so that I can get a working TA-80W module and repair this lovely amp ? Many thanks in...
  17. R

ADC ariston cartridge

Thanks gkimeng, Does it mean that the XLM remain your best choice for MM cart? Any other MM cart can compare with XLM? What's the different between your XLM and your MC type? All in all, I may buy this ADC astrion to see if this is a high grade MM cart. :scratch2: Ming.
  18. R

ADC ariston cartridge

Thks for your comment, Nat and Gkimeng, Yes, I refer to ADC astrion. Is it the top model from ADC? Any relationship with astrion (UK)? How does it compare with XLM & ZLM? I'm curious about their patent's technology "Induced magnetic" pick up ? What's the advantage and disadvantage when...
  19. R

ADC ariston cartridge

Hi, analog buddies, I get a chance to acquire a ADC ariston cartridge which is in excellent condition, the seller told me this is the best cartridge from ADC since their glory day, I can get lot of info from the web. Can someone enlighten me about the advantage of this cart & how much should...
  20. R

If you had the $$$ what tuner would you buy.

Definitely a mint Kenwood 600T. What a over-engineering tuner in 70's! While KT-8300 should not be bad choice also. :yes:
  21. R

nude Technics SU 9070

Nice phono stage. The SU-9070 have a very well design phono stage, it's damp quiet. Sound so accurate with LP, highly recommend for those vinyl lover. I hear more details when using this pre-amp, & thanks for the high S/N. Technics made a hard work towards the design for this pro-series...
  22. R

Which Sansui integrated to try?

AU-517 is still my choice. I have tried AU-517, AU-819, AU-9900 so far, but regardless of the spec, my choice still towards AU-517, all I know is it share similar design with 717, but with shorter signal path (less switches for signal), which personally think that it's an advantage when compare...
  23. R

Kenwood Supreme (500/600/650/700) informal user's group?

Hi, all, I owned a model 500, and I just disassemble it and prepare for refurbish (if I have enough spare time). The quality of this Supreme series is, like other said, quality engineering masterpiece. Soundwise, it's second to none. I fully understand how much it would worth if using...
  24. R

Vintage CD Players?

Denon DCD-1800R Hello, all Just pick up a Denon vintage CD player, DCD-1800R, it's in mint condition, it shown the commitment of Denon towards PCM CD format, it sound pretty good. Any other out there who get this first generation CD player can share their opinion/comment towards this...
  25. R

Vintage CD Players?

Technics SL-P900 Hello chillwolf, I have a Technics SL-PS900, which share the circuity of Japanese domestic model SL-P900 (refer to the link below), it's very nice player with absolutely hi-fidelity sound, even today. It claimed to have a 118dB S/N ratio where as far as I know, no other CD...
Back
Top Bottom