Search results

1. O

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I'm such an easy target. :rflmao:
  2. O

I guess one has to be careful what one says here. To clarify I meant I preferred the sound from this particular Cardas set to others I've tried like Furutech and even others from Cardas. The same binding posts are on my speakers. There are more expensive ones from WBT I'd like to try like the...
  3. O

I prefer these. The sound, look and feel. Cardas CCGG-S. Gold plated solid copper.
  4. O

B2 Caps. Everyone talks about 63v 22000uf caps but...

I had these Mundorfs installed 8 years ago. I can't say exactly what the sonic differences are by themselves over stock since I had a number of changes made at the same time but overall there is a definite improvement. It's now spacious in there since they're much skinnier.
  5. O

One sticker is missing. The one remaining appears to have been reattached. Not sure if it's the original orientation. The stands are quite ingenious and flexible. Stretching if necessary. NS1000 or FX3 or something else no problem.
  6. O

I've not seen pictures so don't even know which way is up. :p Not available for you guys unfortunately since they're be on their way to a good home very soon.
  7. O

C2a vs C2x

Please document how you remove and clean the selector. Thanks
  8. O

Show us your equalizer

Alexis DEQ-240D. Currently using as RTA only.
  9. O

New B2 for complete rebuild.

Forgot to say my $62 is in Canadian dollars.
  10. O

Like I said it was available and CHEAP at the time. A bit on the small size I know that. I don't know the sound benefits compared to not having it since I haven't tried without it. I do know I will try 1uF bypass in the Mundorf silver and oil now that I know there is room. Just need to save...
  11. O

Good question. For me yes. There is enough of a difference. I've replaced speaker binding posts with these also. I've tried others even the same type from Cardas but with rhodium plated and prefer these. It costs more but the B2 is worth it I think.
  12. O

My tech was able to get Cardas CCGG-S for $62 with 4 posts, tax in. But that was 4 years ago. Gold plated solid copper. No brass and no rhodium. I also had Mundorf MLytic 22k caps put in. They're bypassed by 0.1uF silver in oil, smaller than I wanted but was cheap at the time and tech was...
  13. O

B2 hum

Quite right. That is on the very top of the list. Thanks.
  14. O

B2 hum

I've been following your thread on the B-2 and it seems you've done all the investigative leg work for me. :thmbsp: I intend to do exactly what you've done. The only variation may be in the connectors/wires and maybe the big caps though I'm not sure there's any advantage in going with more...
  15. O

B2 hum

Thanks for the tips. My Apogees would definitely not appreciate DC offset like that. I'm compiling a long list for my techy with some safety items at the top to protect them v-fets. Problem is he is now only doing this on the side. He didn't make enough doing it full time. Interestingly...
  16. O

B2 hum

Thanks! Could not resist when opportunity came up. Only had a chance to open up the hood and it looks all original. I have the original owner's manual which I can share if there's interest.
  17. O

B2 hum

No hum when standalone (with speakers of course). When preamp connected it's not a low-low frequency hum that I'm used to but more of low to mid frequency hum with a bit of hash.
  18. O

B2 hum

Haven't had or used a meter for a while. How much is considered bad? Thanks.
  19. O

B2 hum

Thanks SB. Tried that first cause it was easy for me to do. I've been connecting tiny bookshelf speakers for initial testing just to be safe. Strange thing is that I connected my Apogees last night and the hum is hardly noticeable on full gain. Those are horrible speaker connectors btw...
  20. O

B2 hum

Again you are the first to respond! Other time was quicker though :D (C-2a volume control question). Much obliged with the things to check out. Thanks. These amps must be passed around quite a bit. I have yet to hear of an original owner. Hopefully it's as minor as you suspect.
  21. O

B2 hum

I could not log into my old ID (apogeedude). Only had two posts anyway. So back with a new ID and a question for the fine folks here ... Just picked up a B2! :D At half gain the hum is slightly noticeable but on full gain it is distracting. No differeence after tying together the...
Back
Top Bottom