Search results

1. LuckyLyndy

Headshell for Scott PS 68 A turntable

I have this Scott direct drive turntable. It has a straight tonearm, and the cartridge shell is proprietary in my opinion. I would like to acquire a second head shell, but when they come up on auction sites, they are expensive. I have even looked at buying a broken model to get the head shell...
  2. LuckyLyndy

Power and cable management

I have a question about this horror of spaghetti wires. So, there is a wall wart, or plug for all of this: Turntable Power Plug Phono Pre (wall wart) DAC (wall wart) and Adapter (wall wart) A/V Receiver Power Plug CD Player Power Plug I have two surge units, and those wall warts are hogging two...
  3. LuckyLyndy

Following the Audio Path

If anyone can post a link, I am wondering about the audio path from my PC desktop hard drive. What is the point of buying a motherboard soundcard, if you are going to take the outgoing signal to an outside chip amp? And doesn't the chip amp have an onboard DAC? I'm getting the impression of...
  4. LuckyLyndy

Panasonic SA-XR45 receiver-Does it have Pre-Outs?

I have a question. I have this receiver, and I do not see any 'Pre-Out' in the back connections. It has a "SECOND AUDIO OUT to connect a stereo amplifier in another room.Choose whether to output the audio of the source playing on this unit or audio from another source"...
  5. LuckyLyndy

General Hook up Questions

Good morning to all! I have had some trouble hooking up my two systems, and could use some troubleshooting ideas. Main system: Scott DD turntable>Van Alstine modified Dynaco PAT 5 Preamp>Hypex module diy amp> ProAc 2.5 clone speakers. I got that to work with a lot of hit and miss. But on the...
  6. LuckyLyndy

A clean signal path

Please forgive me if I am asking a retread question. I am wondering about my signal path on my desktop computer. So, the digital music files on my hard drive go through the motherboard, and are treated to the on board Realtek audio section, and then passed to the 3.5mm audio jack in the back...
  7. LuckyLyndy

Open Baffle Speaker Build First Timer Questions

A good friend listened to me talking about perhaps trying the new small Maggies, and also my old thoughts about a simple full range speaker build, after he said he had built the Nelson Pass Camp Amp, and despite the poor measurements and distortion, it sounded great. I talked about the need for...
  8. LuckyLyndy

Turntable footprint size...

I'm still trying to figure out a way to use my turntable. I have a Scott direct drive TT, with cover. Would the footprint be too large for a cutting board of 12" X 15"? I have a corner waist high shelf, and need a secondary one above the gear for the TT. I don't want to do a wall shelf with a...
  9. LuckyLyndy

Cable connections

Does the Google Chromecast Audio dongle support BNC connection? What I would like to do is run the Google Audio dongle > male 3.5 mm male out to a BNC male connector into my DAC. Wouldn't something like that work? Something like this...
  10. LuckyLyndy

Coax Digital Out...

I have an older Philips dvd 5960 player. Do I have to go into the menu to direct it to output the signal for the digital coax cable out? I am having real problems with my diy gear. I am getting nothing, Philips dvd>Sheldon Stokes DAC>Pass diy preamp>Phase Linear amp> speakers. I am trying...
  11. LuckyLyndy

Big Hello from Central Illinois

I am a somewhat new member, as I lived the past 16 years in Salt Lake City, but have moved back to central Illinois. I am looking for audio fans in my area. I attended the DecWare Fest up in Peoria, and met a very nice couple from Springfield, Illinois, but I have lost their contact...
  12. LuckyLyndy

Tight room setup

I have moved and need some directions and suggestions. I have an Ikea Banno media cart that worked fine when I had my 42" Panny Plasma wall mounted . Can't do that with shelving behind. Tv is way too heavy for the cart, as it is bowed from one night. Do I try a mobile tv stand, like used for...
  13. LuckyLyndy

Moving 1200 miles

I am planning on using a YOU Haul 26" (any rental carrier is fine) to move my personal belongings this fall. I have no appliances, or furniture, so my two big items are bicycles and stereo gear. Could you guys point to me a thread on packing lower level turntables? I get removing my head...
  14. LuckyLyndy

Eico HF-81

I'm looking for a splined shaft knob (pot) to replace the power/treble one on my Eico. A friend is restoring it for me, and says it is broken. Won't power on/off correctly, and when on...if you move the treble control up a bit, power goes off, up a bit more, power comes on. I wrote to Michael...
  15. LuckyLyndy

Who made the Japanese Sylvania gear?

I have the Sylvania SCA020-Amplifier and its companion SCT020-Tuner. They look like 80's style slim case gear. They are made in Japan, and I can't find any info on who made it. I am sure it was just re-badged with the Sylvania brand name. It was destined for the dumpster, but I managed to...
  16. LuckyLyndy

Rolling Stones: Exile: Virgin or Hip-O??

Is there a digital difference between the two issues? I get the impression that the Hip-O issue of the remastered cd of Exile on Main Street is better, but I can't find any information on the 'net to back this up, nor if these are actually one and the same remastered cd. Different issue dates...
  17. LuckyLyndy

Marantz 2270 Need screws/case housing

Alright... What are the size screws needed to put the metal case housing back on? And... it does have the FM Stereo light burned out. How do I contact dgwojo to order it, or does someone have a link to using an led for this? This was fun! Now I wonder of my receivers, which is better for...
  18. LuckyLyndy

Sony PS-350

A family friend is giving me his Sony PS-350 Direct Drive Fully Automatic TT. I have searched the internet for reviews, and it is not even on the Vinyl Engine's Library Archives information. It probably came out around '80 to '82. It has a straight arm. Any reviews or feedback would be...
  19. LuckyLyndy

Re-lining a pair of Boston A60's or ???

A friend has a pair of old Boston A60's, and the foam surround has deteriorated and is gone. I know of the $20 kits on eprey, but a friend of mine says that you got to center the speaker exactly, yadda, yadda, yadda, and that there is a guy in town who had constructed a jig to keep the drivers...
Back
Top Bottom