Search results

1. Vinyl Fan

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

I have a set of IMF Compact Monitor II's. They are my main speakers and I adore them. I bought them about two years ago on a whim, knowing nothing about them. I paid $80 for them, and the gentleman who sold them said he found them in a home he purchased from a elderly British couple. They sound...
  2. Vinyl Fan

IMF owners thread!

Here are my IMF CM2's.
  3. Vinyl Fan

IMF owners thread!

Stunning photo. I actually found someone selling those, thinking of getting them.
  4. Vinyl Fan

My IMF & TDL speakers website...

One shot of the sides.
  5. Vinyl Fan

From the back
  6. Vinyl Fan

Another
  7. Vinyl Fan

I finally finished the refurb on my speaker cabs. I'm thrilled with the results, and they look fantastic. The Howard's products was really easy to use, and I actually had a lot of fun with this little project. Here are a few pics of the end result.
  8. Vinyl Fan

Thanks! I have you to thank for your suggestion and the pics you posted really motivated me to see how mine would turn out. I applied the RAF with a soft, lint free cloth I bought at Home Hardware. I wiped the product along the grain, and then wiped or buffed out within a minute with another...
  9. Vinyl Fan

And here is the after, with just a coat of the Howard's, I'm sure it will look even better with the feed and wax.
  10. Vinyl Fan

I thought I would share some pictures of a before and after shot of the top of my speaker cab. I bought the Howard's products today and I'm really impressed with the results. I've given the speakers a coat and they will dry overnight. Tomorrow I'll see if another coat is needed and then apply...
  11. Vinyl Fan

Thanks for posting those pics Jeffrey, that's quite a difference. I'm looking forward to working on mine this weekend. I'll post some before and after pics once it's completed. Thanks again for all the great advice, it's much appreciated. I'm really enjoying listening to a bunch of different...
  12. Vinyl Fan

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll try Home Depot this weekend and begin the process. I'll post better pics after I'm done.
  13. Vinyl Fan

Jeffrey, Wow, those are gorgeous speakers, you are so fortunate to have tracked those down. I can only imagine how good they sound. Thank you for the links you provided and the additional info, that will come in handy. You've really inspired me to give this a shot and attempt the recap on my...
  14. Vinyl Fan

Hello Jeff, what a great name LOL. Thanks for all that info. In the research I did on these I didn't come across anything that implied there was a version with the roman numerals and another with the 2 after the name? Very interesting. When I'm ready to recap I guess I could give it a shot...
  15. Vinyl Fan

Thank you, that is very kind. Thanks for the info, I thought maybe late 70's, but early 80's is good too. There is a local contact in Montreal that I know of that could do the work regarding the recap, I don't trust myself to pull it off, never done it before. I am however looking forward to...
  16. Vinyl Fan

Here's another.
  17. Vinyl Fan

Thanks again for all the great info. I'm going to try and buy the items you recommend to clean them. Where can I buy that? How do apply the product? I assume sanding them is not necessary? Here are some pics.
  18. Vinyl Fan

Thank you for the info. The person who sold them to me found them in a house he bought from an elderly European couple. He does not know the history of the speakers but its safe to assume everything is original. I wouldn't even know if I would be able to tell when servicing would be needed...
  19. Vinyl Fan

Thank you very much, I am so happy. Happy I actually found a pair and happy I took a chance as I really knew nothing about them. The pairing with the Pioneer SX-1010 is like a match made in heaven. These IMF's are loving the 100 watts they are getting now. I actually found those links you...
  20. Vinyl Fan

This is an older thread, but had to share my new purchase. Just picked up a pair of IMF Compact Monitor 2 speakers, and I am blown away by the sound. I had never really heard of IMF before, but the price was right so I took a chance. There is some great info online about these speakers and...
  21. Vinyl Fan

Kef C1 - Anyone familiar with them?

Are you still enjoying them? I'm looking to pick up a pair tomorrow, would you recommend?
  22. Vinyl Fan

Budget Bookshelf Speakers Ideas

I'm in the same position and went with KEF C1's for my TV sound, and I paid $199, great speakers and great value.
  23. Vinyl Fan

Post pics of your Cerwin-Vega's here!

Still have my AT-10s and they are still my main pair. I love them and will never replace them. I have a set of Kef C1's for TV listening. I need to have the tweeters looked at on the CV's and a new cone for the left one as there is a tear on it. Here is a pic.
  24. Vinyl Fan

Any opinions on a Pioneer TX-900?

I just got the Pioneer SX-1010 and I'm loving it. The power and warmth is great. I know many hold the Pioneer SX series in high regard. I'm sure yours sounds great. I've got friends with the 770 and 850 and they couldn't be happier.
  25. Vinyl Fan

Technics SA-EX 700 suggestions

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I'm going to follow your suggestion and try that tomorrow. My plan is to keep the Technics and buy new bookshelf speakers and have the TV go through that. Then I'll have the turntable and CD player go through the new Pioneer and current speakers. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom