Search results

1. F

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Even Robert Wise mentioned her on the set of day the Earth Stood Still as being demanding and obnoxious.
  2. F

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

She was much hated by those who had to work with her.
  3. F

What was your latest repair project?

Replaced batteries in old cheap pocket watches. Gonna recap a set of speakers this weekend I think.
  4. F

Bad Day at KEF cave in

So I put my double KEF 104's on to a moving dolly, stacked one above the other but a quarter turn off, I moved into position after switching from 16 ohms to 4 ohms to the DC300a but as I moved away the stack fell over and damaged one KEF B139 B-200. Easiest is to swap woofs with second pair...
  5. F

NASA-TV - Lunar Landing Feb 22, 2024

Dead Man Fall should do the soundtrack....
  6. F

Any model train enthusiasts?

I built many Bowsers in my day 6-8 Old Ladys in SRR markings, 2 PRR I1s's and even a Challenger. Did a real bang up job on a USRA 4-8-2 as a N&W K2a and 3-4 of the PRR H9 2-8-0's. All were re-quartered and had Helix Humper motors.
  7. F

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Sam Kinison had lots of great stuff. One of my favorites is " I'm not a violent person but I understand what turns Mr hand into Mr Fist!"
  8. F

Grado Cart Sound Question

My Grado Black 3 works great on my SME 3009 2 improved with fluid damper Swap the ground and hot wires on the headshell to cart.
  9. F

BIC 960 or AudioTechnica AT-LP120-USB

Why add more electronics in the path? The BIC was pretty solid. Get a Grado Black3 or IF you can find it a Stanton 681ee. The less crap between the cart and your phono input the better
  10. F

Favorite tv character!

Walter White or Heisenberg
  11. F

Playing music from my Mac Pro desktop

Why not use the headphone out?
  12. F

PL-12D Rescue

The foam was more to dampen noise not prevent springiness.
  13. F

Crown PSA 2 fan issue AGAIN!!

I have "fixed" this several times by unplugging the amp and kind of banging it on the carpeted floor I haven't had any problems for almost 2 years but last saturday it fanned up so I shut it down. I powered it up Sunday without issues and left it on until Monday night. Tuesday morning it...
  14. F

Vizio TV making noise will an optical converter help?

Vizio TV making noise with HDMI from cable box VeriZon out to audio into preamp. will an optical converter help?
  15. F

Capital Audio Fest, Nov 10-12, 2023 - Rockville MD

Ended up going by myself. Seems several dealers were no shows. Was astonished at MBL Americas unique loudspeakers. after 2 hours of walking around I was done.
  16. F

The things I hate thread.........

All those Medicare Advantage commercials with actors with oversized glasses.
  17. F

Capital Audio Fest, Nov 10-12, 2023 - Rockville MD

You get a bag for al those flyers etc. Me and my buddy Brian will be their Sat morn. Brian is great at speaker placement and I can tune up a turntable/tone arm really good. I go to see the turntables and phono carts and Brian goes for the speakers.
  18. F

The things I hate thread.........

TV commercials which refer to their bathtub, or whatever as PRODUCT.
  19. F

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Lately, Giant Food has changed its self check-out systems talking instructions. NOW it wants to lecture you to place all items in the bagging area, and of course if you are buying a pack of seeds or a greeting card the bagging area scale doesn't register, and it repeats all scanned items must...
  20. F

BIC Turntable and Shure M91ed mm Cartridge

They are perfect for each other.
  21. F

MTtv changed their format so Irwin Allen shows are gone

My Verizonheimer search didn't find ANY of those shows.
  22. F

JBL 4311 and 4312 crossover rebuilds help

Actually I have 3 types of monitors. 2 pair of KEF 104aB's and a pair of LS3/5's as well as a pair of 4311's and 4312's. I've heard the 4312's with the aluminum tweets and I think they sound more smooth.
Back
Top Bottom