Search results

1. rlovison

Need help on Sony CDP-620ES please!

After all the work you put into your unit, you're not going to believe this. I have a CDP 620ES II that had the same problem as yours. My unit was misbehaving for years where I had to turn the unit on and off numerous times before it would turn on. Finally it would never turn on though the play...
  2. rlovison

Pics of your listening space

I believe I may have posted my listening space once before. Not much has changed except for the addition of a streamer and DAC, Pioneer F-1 tuner, and Pioneer Elite DV47Ai for playing SACD's. The Sony C222ES SACD player died. I need to update this pic. The room is small and the speaker...
  3. rlovison

C-90 and M-90 electrolytic capacitor list

If someone already made out a capacitor list for both the C-90 and M-90 and is willing to share I would be extremely grateful. I am looking to re-cap both in the near future and having the list would save me an immense amount of time.
  4. rlovison

Another Sony SCD C222ES issue

So I replaced the belts and got the drawer working properly and now I have a new issue. When I first turn the unit on, it recognizes a SACD. After 15 minutes or so of being on, it has a difficult time doing so. Sometimes it recognizes the SACD and other times it says it's a regular cd. I've...
  5. rlovison

Sony C222ES carousel drawer issue

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind though the phonolube is an extremely light, synthetic grease and it slowed the drawer movement to a crawl.
  6. rlovison

Solved. Spray silicone lubricant or turntable lube didn't work but clock oil did. After cleaning the silicone and turntable lube off of all the parts I put it on, I applied the clock oil to the plastic rails and little plastic nubs that the rails run on. Works like a dream.
  7. rlovison

I took the unit apart again and carefully cleaned all moving parts with alcohol and lightly oiled one plastic bearing and almost solved it . The drawer worked correctly for a few times and then returned to its bad behavior. I'm beginning to think the belt I purchased for the drawer was old Sony...
  8. rlovison

I replaced both the carousel belt and the drawer belt on this unit as the drawer belt was slipping causing the disc not to load (thanks Sony for not providing a removable bottom cover). I now have a new issue though not serious. When you go to load a cd, the drawer wants to close but gets hung...
  9. rlovison

Transistor equivalent - seeking advice

Arrgghh. Oh well, I guess I'm going to find out.
  10. rlovison

OK, thanks everyone. In any case I was going to replace the pair but based on Shelly's response, I'll just purchase the KTC3964's I found on eBay. A little more expensive but I won't be "experimenting". :)
  11. rlovison

I have a pair used as left and right output drive transistors in a Sherwood RX4109 stereo receiver. One is damaged.
  12. rlovison

Is this a good substitute: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/fairchild-semiconductor/MJE180STU/MJE180STU-ND/1049975 for a KTC3964? http://alltransistors.com/pdfview.php?doc=ktc3964.pdf&dire=_kec Thanks
  13. rlovison

A-77X micro switches

Anyone know of a Digikey or Mouser replacement for the A-77X micro switches? I've grown tired of cleaning the darn things... they last for a year or so and then act up again. I noticed a slight hum from the speakers that didn't increase with volume and discovered it was caused by the line...
  14. rlovison

If you own a pair of JBL L100's

This modification was recommended by a friend who designs his own speaker systems. I was skeptical at first that anything would change but it did and for the better. He recommended a diameter of 3/8" on the mid range driver cross pieces though I found an improvement just using 1/8" bamboo kabob...
  15. rlovison

My post was not meant as a joke. After placing the X's over the mid and high frequency drivers, the amount of reverberation increased and one could more easily pick out the placement of various instruments within the mix. I don't know why this happens, all I can guess is that phase...
  16. rlovison

with the original crossovers, try this: The cross pieces were made from wooden skewers and there is a custom grill that press fits into the frame. You'll be amazed at the sound you were missing.
  17. rlovison

Akai GX-747 Tensioner and Counter Belt Replace, HELP!

It's really not that difficult to do.
  18. rlovison

Akai GX-747 Tensioner and Counter Belt Replace, HELP!

Yes, the video seems to be gone though the step by step instructions here should help: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/akai-gx747-tensioner-tuturial.349985/
  19. rlovison

Pioneer m-90 door hinges 3d printed......

I saw them on eBay. Unfortunately, I need a door as well. Could manufacture something out of wood or have a plastic one printed though I'd rather have the original door. At least now there's hope of getting something to spruce up the front of the amp. :)
  20. rlovison

Pioneer m-90 door hinges 3d printed......

Hmmm, could these folks 3d print a door as well?
  21. rlovison

markthefixer personal update

Mark, I have been away from this forum for quite a while and thus missed the initial post. Sorry for your loss and I wish you only the best going forward. Richard
  22. rlovison

Pioneer service manuals

I just happened to come across this seller on eBay when searching for an original M-90 service manual. http://stores.ebay.com/macaddict6 I have no affiliation with him though I am a happy customer. He has many Pioneer manuals that some of you may be interested in at very reasonable prices...
  23. rlovison

Glen Campbell

For those of you that haven't seen this, I believe this has got to be the most beautiful rendition of Galveston that I have ever heard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5EvReWJF0
  24. rlovison

New sx-1250 in the house. Now what???

I'm just curious how you got any output from the left channel while testing without a pre out/power in jumper.
  25. rlovison

SX-1010 right channel dead on FM stereo

Bad solder joint on a coupling capacitor in the tuner section?
Back
Top Bottom