Search results

1. bsandovalb

Still looking for contact with Bob Speece (He's STILL got my gear!)

Hello guys!... Some good news. Bob has been slowly recovering (still in the process) from some health problems. However, he is starting to get back into business. You can reach him at the following email: thetrainguy52@yahoo.com Cheers, Bernardo
  2. bsandovalb

Hello fellow AKers, Received response from Bob´s wife, she told me: ¨Hi Bernardo, He is doing better. I have reminded him a few times to get a msg out to the audio people.¨ ¨Not much else I can do on this end at this time. So sorry all of this happened. But life sometimes gets overwhelming...
  3. bsandovalb

I sent her an email earlier today... When I hear back from Karen I will update this thread...
  4. bsandovalb

What’s the worst audio gear deal you’ve ever made?

I traded a mint Audio Research Ref2mk2 preamp for couple of Golden Tube SET845 monoblocks... that sounded nice but were full of compromises, had a hum in one channel and there are no esquematics available since they were prototypes ‍♂️ On other ocassion, bought a mint Yamaha cr2020 for 500usd...
  5. bsandovalb

New Marantz 2-channel vs Vintage 70's Receiver

I had a PM15s2, long gone and not missed... beautiful to look at (silver version), but lacking in sound... I much preferred any of my fully restored vintage units (marantz 3300/250m, 2270, mac4100, sansui 8080, etc etc)....
  6. bsandovalb

Ok... received an email response from his wife. She was kind enough to get back to me. "I know all the audio people are getting frustrated with the huge delays and no communication from him. I don't know how you can reassure them that things will get back to normal soon". Without getting...
  7. bsandovalb

Sent an email to his wife Karen, if I get a reply, I will update this thread....
  8. bsandovalb

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

I use MC40s with Altec 605b, and Mac4100 with either JBL4333a or usher be718...
  9. bsandovalb

CD storage...Is there life after the jewel case?

Yoj can also use some wall mounted options, for example, I use 3 of these for bluray audio and CDs... each holds like 80 cds and look different from the regular bookshelf....
  10. bsandovalb

Listening.....

What a great video.... Music is life.... and emotions... feel the music, not just the equipment....
  11. bsandovalb

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

I do love receivers... have a small personal collection... the majority fully restored. I enjoy them at the office in rotation with JBL4333a and Altec 605b Marantz 2270 Mcintosh 4100 Pioneer SX1250 Pioneer SX1980 Sansui 8080 Sansui G8000 Attaching some pics.... happy listening to you all!...
  12. bsandovalb

Have prices for Vintage Gear gone through the roof?

Prices has skyrocketed, but one thing is the asking price and another the actual ¨sold¨ price. And here it has to do with location and timing... how bad the buyer really wants an item or not... in my case, it is quite rare to find something nice enough to buy locally, so if I find something...
  13. bsandovalb

Bob is a great guy... I genuinely believe he has been through very difficult times. Gear are just ¨things¨, so they can wait a bit, besides... that is why you (MUST) HAVE back ups, correct!? :dunno:... I am glad to hear he is doing better, I am sure that once recovered he will make his customers...
  14. bsandovalb

Hello guys, yesterday I asked his spouse via email to see how he is doing... and just receive her response which I am sharing: "Hello Bernardo, We are doing okay here in West Virginia. Bob has a few medical issues he has to work through, but all in all he is doing better. We only partially...
  15. bsandovalb

Is it just me?.... Regarding mc462

... from reading through the web, I see lots of praise for the MC452, but it seems not too much talking for the MC462... probably because most of the people looking for a ¨bad ass¨ stereo amp from Mcintosh jumped on the 452 when it was released... But how do they compare performance/sound wise...
  16. bsandovalb

What to keep

Reading the OP posts, and my first tought was that he are almost tight on inventory, not the opposite!… go figure :dunno:
  17. bsandovalb

Modern Preamp suggestions for BA5000 pair

Strong back you have, damacman!!...
  18. bsandovalb

This big bastard (BA5k), made my poor Pass go straight to the closet!... honestly, I did not expect it to sound so good after the work done, but hey, at least to my deaf ears they are truly fantastic!... I can only imagine how powerful/in effortless control your 2 2600 can sound!... When the...
  19. bsandovalb

It is just that a restored BA5k sounds so damn nice!... that it ¨deserves¨ a higher end preamp (no disrespect for the CA3000, it is a beauty and work of art from Sansui)... besides, if I can grab a CA3000, my buddy Hipocrates would kill me.. he is hating me already for all the ¨projects¨ I bring...
  20. bsandovalb

oh yes.. they look like the perfect couple, no doubt!....
  21. bsandovalb

Yes, they sound very nice together, but I am using the levinson in a secondary set up in my bedroom with a No.29.... the other preamp, the First Sound is quite nice also, but was curious into what other people use with ba5000... Guess the guys that have sansui amps tend to pair them with sansui...
  22. bsandovalb

Show your Bicycle !

nice thread, I enjoy riding.... these are my bikes!...
  23. bsandovalb

It is an option, but hard to come by, and then, it would need to be restored at some point.... I might think that a modern preamp should be ¨better¨ sonically to pair with fully restored vintage amps... but I have not heard a CA3000!
  24. bsandovalb

Hello guys! I currently have one BA5000 (restored by my friend and AKer Hipocrates) that I love... I love it so much that I just sold a Pass Labs XA30.8 that was receiving no love... I am reducing my stable, and probably would end up with just 2 BA5000 (the other BA is alse being restored by my...
  25. bsandovalb

Is Bob (wlhd1610) doing well?

good to know! thanks for sharing
Back
Top Bottom