Search results

1. cheehpogi

Mc275 mkVI no sound on right channel

Hello AKer’s, need some help advice before I send my amp to a tech. Bought the amp used and had it for more than 6 mos. Used it last night and everything was working fine but when I fired it up this morning the right channel was dead, no sound at all and not even static or hiss. Change all the...
  2. cheehpogi

c50 pre to c22 mkV

Been out of rotation for a while and seeking for some advice. I currently have an mc275 mark VI amp and C50 pre paired with a klipsch la scala. Question is, would there be a noticeable difference or would it be just a lateral move? Right now I am enjoying what I have but it always comes to mind...
  3. cheehpogi

Tube phono pre foray

Howdy fellas, I am looking to get into to tube phono pre and need a little advice here. My budget is $1k a little more is fine. I am looking at the Haggerman trumpet also a modified Jolida jd9. Oh btw I am using a MC cart. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it very much...
  4. cheehpogi

Advice for a new cantilever for Dynavector 20x2 L

Have not posted for a while but been constantly keeping up with forum post. Well, I would need some advice on what cantilever and tip to use on a DV20x, I am thinking of sending it to VAS for repair. I don't really have any experience with what repair or upgrade needs to be done. Also...
  5. cheehpogi

Another turntable upgraditis question.

I currently have a sony PS X50 with a denon 103 MC mounted on an aluminum body, pre amp is a Mcintosh C50, amp is an oddysey khartago and speakers are SF Venere S complemented by a single S5 sho REL subwoofer. I would say I have a decent room treatment. Would it make a big difference in sound if...
  6. cheehpogi

recapping my thiel

Scored a thiel CS03 and I will be rcapping the X over, can anybody help out in identifying the value of the yellow caps. Thanks in advance it says 200v 8320 and the other one is 200v 8315, Happy Thanksgiving to all. cheehpogi
  7. cheehpogi

transistors on amp

Hey Aker's Happy new year to all, I have a question about transistors. I have an amplifier that I bought about a year ago everything sounds fine until one day left channel start to sound distorted (scratchy and getting some helicopter sound). Checked all caps, no bulging seems fine, replaced all...
  8. cheehpogi

Yamaha c4 question

I have had this for a few months now and its been recapped by the seller. Everything is running good,no hoss crackle or pop. Anyways does anyone else aside from me thinks that the C4 is to bright? I mostly listen to it with the defeat button on. Or maybe its the wrong synergy with my other...
  9. cheehpogi

Jamendo.com

Found me a new favorite streaming and free download site this morning. Anybody else here aside from me who likes it?
  10. cheehpogi

yamaha c4 headphone amp

Hey guys, Im thinking of buying a headphones and just wondering if the c4's headphone amp is good enough to drive a mid fi hp. Also has any one tried recapping it? is it an easy DIY? thanks.
  11. cheehpogi

Black box

Can anybody tell what this is?
  12. cheehpogi

Static sound on left side with my st70

What could be causing it? I did switch my tubes around and still the same thing. Nothing wrong with the sound though. Also you can't here it while your listening to the music. BTW it has the tubes4 hifi mod. Thanks.
  13. cheehpogi

Enlighten me please.

I used 3 12au7 as a pre amp tubes and they score 50 or maybe 55 in a scale of 100. They sound fine to me no weird sounds or distortion of some sort, now let's say I have 3 new tubes which would get a 70 or higher would there be any difference in sound? Or do they just measure the life that...
  14. cheehpogi

Groove tube 5y3

Anybody have one of these, I think this will work as a replacement for my Chinese 5z4p. I need to know if it has 4 pins though . Thanks. I did try Google but can't find much info.
  15. cheehpogi

Identify this please.

Need help. Thanks 6W330RJ markings.
  16. cheehpogi

Need help with my dynaco st70, I might have screwed it.

First thing that happened was I mistakenly put a different rectifier tube in it, the PT started to rattle and I immediately turned the unit off ( less than sec.) Then I put in the right tube this time and it played with no problem, after a few minutes the fused blew up. I replaced the fuse and...
  17. cheehpogi

advice on dynaco st-70

Hello All, I currently have a dynaco st-70 with the original boards, I'm thinking that its time for an upgrade. I would like to replace it with tubes4hifi board which uses 3 12au7, my inquring mind wants to know if there would be a lot of differences with musicality? or just get the dynakit...
  18. cheehpogi

heathkit it 17

Hello, Just got ahold of these a few days back. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of updated tube chart for it? Thanks a bunch.
  19. cheehpogi

Columbia 582 r player

Got a hold of one last weekend, it has 1 12ax7,1 12au7 and I think a couple of 6v6 tubes. Its a mono amp, fired it up connected to my phone and there is music coming out but really low volume. Any one here have any suggestions on where should I start? I want to restore the console and put it in...
  20. cheehpogi

Preamp question.

I have a st70 tube amp. connected to an onkyo integrated amplifier a9050 and running a klipsch rf35 speakers. My question is if I choose to get a preamplifier it does not matter which kind, would there be a lot of difference in the sound or are all pre amp the same? thanks.
  21. cheehpogi

help with caps

Trying to find a replacementry for this caps. Can I go higher values with them. It's for a SET low power 3 channel tube amp. Maybe 2-3 watts.Just trying to get my feet wet with tubes and changing caps So my knowledge is very basic. Any help is appreciated.
  22. cheehpogi

Meadowlark audio kestrel

Anybody heard it or have one or had it? Somebody local is selling one and I would like to get any info before I jump on the gun. Thanks.
  23. cheehpogi

klipsch RF35

Hey guys I have a few questions here, I have an RF35 for quite some time now and really like it alot, but ever since I got it and would listen to it it seems like it's getting very fatiguing on the ears. I think the high is too harsh. Any ways would replacing it with crites ti tweeter make a...
  24. cheehpogi

problem with sony ps-x5

having some speed issues with my TT, it would slow down and speed up. I read somewhere that you can adjust the speed can somebody point me in the right direction to where its located or if there is something else I need to do besides that. I did try deoxit and it work just for a few miles but...
  25. cheehpogi

Help needed on onkyo 2500 mk II

everything works except when you switch the A+B speakers, only the B works. When its on A or B both works. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom