Search results

1. zedex

Want old school mid range system...could use some help.

Memories. Best is to leave them as memories. I find going back to what you thought was a great memory, is a disappointment. This applies to any memory.
  2. zedex

RX202

Probably idler tire unless its a gear drive machine then its reel motor. These decks can be tire drive or gear drive. If the reel motor stops the deck thinks the tape is over so it flips the tape. Usually happens in play mode. You can set your deck to FF without a tape and just walk away for 1/2...
  3. zedex

Please Help!! RX-202,303 or 505 just for listening. Which one??

Ya. 505. Why settle and just buy the 505. It has music skip/search which no other nak has other than the zxl. Its just basically the cadillac of the udar machines. Think zx7 with udar. The 303 is a rarer deck but still has the classic transport and 2 head. Think lx3 with udar. The 202 will sound...
  4. zedex

All cassette decks are equal

The best decks ever made are the ones that still work today. People revive the best decks because they have value, sentimental or monetary. Its worth while restoring them. Parts are available because people paid alot for them and couldnt throw them in the trash when that cd garbage came out...
  5. zedex

washer idler tyre nakamichi bx 1

That's the coveted reel motor dead spot syndrome. Its pretty normal. Reel motor will need to be replaced or rebuilt.
  6. zedex

washer idler tyre nakamichi bx 1

Hes probably talking about the idler tire/wheel retainer washer. You can make 1 using plastic from a pringles can lid and poking a hole in it with a needle.
  7. zedex

Nakamichi LX3 Play/Rec Issue. Cam Position

You have to adjust the cam settings via the window through the front of the transport. Easiest is DL the service manual at hifiengine. Its free. Then remove the beauty plate(black plate that sits behind the cassette,2 screws) To the right of the take up reel you can see the cam with the cam...
  8. zedex

First serious cassettedeck - advise please?

Out of the naks(i know nothing about aiwa decks)i would choose the bx300. Its a direct drive deck with slave belt drive. If it works and you can test it working, it will probably need motor service. Reel motor and or mode motor. After that it will probably be excellent. Im not a fan of the 5xx...
  9. zedex

Nakamichi BX-300 door won’t open

https://www.tapeheads.net/threads/nakamichi-sankyo-control-motor-rebuild.55498/page-2
  10. zedex

Nakamichi BX-300 door won’t open

Old Post. It has been discovered that soldering the inside motor contacts fixes most if not all cam motor problems.
  11. zedex

Nakamichi BX-150 idler tire permanent(?) repair

Or just buy a cr1 for cheap and take the gear drive out of it. I have never been a fan of the tires on sankyo drives.
  12. zedex

Cassette Deck Renaissance

Those old receivers are awesome. Love the colors of the displays and they just exude quality old shit.
  13. zedex

Nakamichi Selector Cam Motors

^^^^^ Exactly. Rebuild the existing motor and solder the brush/screw junction.
  14. zedex

Thoughts on these cassette decks?

BX300. Too bad about Bics, i love their looks but as already mentioned they are nightmares. Keeps your eyes peeled for a nak CR4. Pretty hard to beat.
  15. zedex

looking for tips and tricks on Nakamichi classic transport

Take lots of pictures as you go. Keep track of all screws.Try not to let the spring/washer and c clip bounce off your face when changing the tire. Properly clean relube parts. Re assembly make sure you re align the cam pot with the fork on the cam gear.
  16. zedex

Best Sounding 2 Head for Garage play only!!

I have a bx150 in my garage and its hard to beat in any setting. Any 2 head nak is good.
  17. zedex

Nakamichi LX-3 Wont Play (but will FF and RW)

Hows the idler tire? Does the counter work in FF/rew/play? Any deck that sits for any extended time will have problems with hardening grease in the mechanism. In multiple locations but mostly pinch roller arm pivots.
  18. zedex

Nakamichi LX-3 transport frustration :(

When you split the transport you didn't line up the cam pot fork with the cam gear when you re assembled. When you tear it apart again you will see where the fork should go on the gear. Everyone does that at least once the first time. :)
  19. zedex

Pencil eraser to clean heads

Pencil erasure is good for cleaning/polishing commutators. Have always done that. Not heads.
  20. zedex

B77 white meters — yeah or nah?

I think it looks really good. My pet peeve is when someone puts LEDs in where bulbs used to be so you get this blue LED hue.
  21. zedex

Tape speed increase after belt change

What is the deal with trolls lately?
  22. zedex

This sums it up nicely. Like beating a dead horse.
  23. zedex

Same horse. Same water, same story.
  24. zedex

Your not understanding how a thicker belt will change the speed in a belt drive application like turntable or cassette deck. Your thinking that the OD or circumference of the pulleys determines the speed because thats always constant and you cant make the pulley bigger. And the speed of the...
Back
Top Bottom