Search results

1. S

Why are people buying up Bose speakers on Craigslist?

They are more room-dependent than most speakers, but it is really hard to beat a pair of 901s in the right room. Room-filling sound with a very wide sweet spot. Honestly, they are pretty fantastic if you give them enough power. Here is a review of some modern 901s that may surprise you...
  2. S

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Love my CR-1020 Man I love the sound. It is driving Bose 901 Series II, and I've recently swapped the turntable for a Technics SL1200 MK2. For digital, I just have an old Airport Express pumping iTunes to the Aux. I'd love to re-veneer the speakers and recap the receiver (all I've done is...
  3. S

Heard Bose 901 VI speakers and really like them ! Any 901 fans ?

To each his own. Maybe my 40 year old ears just can't hear the very upper registers. But, my Bose 901 Series II (when driven by my Yamaha CR-1020 and the dedicated 901 EQ) have pretty frickin' good highs to my ears. When a guitar player slides his fingers on the strings it is like he (or she) is...
  4. S

CR 1020 tune up

Hey jansjetta. I'm about to embark on a CR-1020 tune. I'd appreciate any info you can forward. I know my way around a soldering iron, but have never really touched stereos. If you found the service manual, I'd appreciate if you could forward. Also, you mentioned you found on AK info about how...
  5. S

CR1020 output meters

Sure, deep listening requires eyes closed. But I figure, if the meters are there they can do something. I'm guessing the above mentioned cap is leaking. I have really inefficient speakers (Bose 901 Series II, with active EQ). I can't imagine 1 watt is driving these above normal listening, but...
  6. S

CR1020 output meters

Not sure I follow. So you are saying that since it is a common problem, you don't believe they should be set with the adjustment pots?
  7. S

CR1020 output meters

When I first got my CR1020 I thought the output meters were busted. The right one worked fine for signal quality, but they didn't seem to be saying I was putting output to the speakers. Now that I've had it awhile, I realize they aren't broken: they just don't say I'm putting out power until it...
Back
Top Bottom