Search results

1. craigtone

Telefunken Empress II

I picked this beauty up this weekend and attempting to rebuild it. It is quite the odd configuration and I am having a very hard time getting schematics! I got the service manual for the Concertino portion, but I am scratching my head on the remote "stereo amp" & controls. So far, c/o...
  2. craigtone

RH84 Rev.2 Build w/Premium Parts

I had been looking to build a "real" SE after hearing the results of a Piccolo ECL86 SET I built years ago with old console parts. Last year I built a set of Markaudio 12.2P Pensils and wanted an amp to complement them. I looked at 300B, 2A3, etc. but the BOM cost was just too high. I ran across...
  3. craigtone

Interest in Holland, MI gathering?

Having previously lived on the SE side of Michigan, I know what a following SMAC has. I was wondering what interest there was for a SWAC? We finally moved into our new house this past July and I now have a dedicated listening room that I could host at to get things started. I also recently...
  4. craigtone

Markaudio Alpair 12.2p Pencil Build

We moved earlier this year and my new music room is 11x14 and I have to listen across the short wall. My trusty DeanG RF-7's were no longer an option ... <sob> I looked at various DIY builds and decided to give the Markaudio Alpair 12P fullrangers a go. After breaking them in for 150 hours...
  5. craigtone

2A3's in Grand Rapids, MI?

I just finished building some Pensil 12.2p's with Markaudio Alpair 12P's. I am a fullrange convert now! :banana: I am currently running a highly-modified ST-70 but I think these will benefit from a SET. I was curious if anyone in the Grand Rapids area would like to come over and listen to...
  6. craigtone

MA5100 Modify?

I was given a working MA5100 from a fellow audiophile co-worker who retired. The pots are all noisy but it sounds great except the highs seem a bitt rolled-off. I was thinking of cracking it open and doing some mods: 1. Replace Power Supply caps - cans not available, so discrete filter...
  7. craigtone

My first MC experience and ...

... I cried ... no BS ... I cried! As much as Man Law prohibits me from writing this ... HOLY SH*T BATMAN!!! My system is: - Rega P2 SE (glass platter and previously Super Bias) - Modified Rotel Phono Pre w/LME49710 op-amps - Luminous Audio Axiom Passive Preamp - Dynaco ST-70...
  8. craigtone

Anyone have some Madisound SA-1's I could audition?

Sorry I missed AKFest to hear them! Am looking for new front mains and looking at the SA-1 monitors from Madisound. Have a Carver D-8 for bottom end. Tired of sitting in a 3 foot cubed box to listen to audio c/o my Klipsch SF2's with horns with NO front to back soundstaging! If you bring...
  9. craigtone

Deal of the week!

So I am at work and I see an ad posted on the work BB for a friend of a friend. I browse through and see a pair of vintage "Infinite speakers - $100". I do a quick web search for vintage Infinity speakers and find they are Column II's! So, I call and take my modded ST-70 over. Plug it in and...
  10. craigtone

Blueberry Extreme in SE MI?

Hello ... does anyone in SE Michigan have a Blueberry Extreme I could audition for a few days. I'll give you my HIGHLY modified ST-70 as collateral for piece of mind. I want to hear this thing before dropping that kind of cash. TIA ... Craig
  11. craigtone

Any Axiom M80's in Detroit area? (Speaker Decision Time!)

Well, now that I have finished modding my equipment, I found a new shortcoming ... my speakers. My current system is a modified Rega P2, NAD PP-2, modified Marantz CD63, Luminous Audio Axiom Passive preamp, modified ST-70 and Klipsch SF-2's. While I truly enjoy the horns on vinyl, they can be...
  12. craigtone

Any Axiom M80's in Detroit area?

Sorry ... duplicate Sorry ... duplicate
  13. craigtone

My Marantz CD63 Modification Project

Many know that the Marantz players are a great "bang for the buck", but they are also fairly easy to modify and when done, compete with players in the $1-3000 dollar pricerange for about 1/10th the cost and a little labor. 1. Dynamat entire chassis: 2. Install Vibrapod feet: 3. Remove...
  14. craigtone

Tired of CC apps in the mail?

Here is what a friend of mine does ... I did it for about 4 months and sure enough, Capital One got the hint and I haven't got a thing from them in about 2 months now! Take the postage paid envelope and take EVERYTHING they sent you and stuff the envelope! Write 'No Thanx' on the app and rip...
  15. craigtone

Newbie to Tape!

Hello gang! I am a vinyl/tube guy first and foremost. I have a modest setup as such: Moded Rega P2 -> NAD PP-2 -> Axiom Passive Pre-Amp -> Moded ST-70 -> Klipsch SF-2's I was visiting my parents this weekend and my Dad gave me a Sony TC-521 that a customer gave him as payment. He also...
  16. craigtone

Franken-Pre!

I am at my wit's end with the 60Hz coming from my NAD PP-2 phono stage and have decided to go tube. I also wanted to incorporate some other goodies like: - USB In - Line In (x2) - LPF SW Out (Stereo/Mono switchable) - Remote Control I'll build it in stages as money and time permit with...
Back
Top Bottom