Search results

1. Fr8dog3510

Does anyone listen to 5 chan stereo?

Check out aixrecords.com and itrax.com. I've purchased several downloads from him. I purchased the stereo versions. Laurence Juber is a good one. Dan
  2. Fr8dog3510

Another "dishonest humans" rant...

It gets old. In the past (way back), I could sell gear without all of this crap. I wanted to upgrade and the buyer was usually upgrading. A win win. Lately it's been like someone will say they're super interested, set up a day to meet and then crickets. Am I expecting too much? I've been loose...
  3. Fr8dog3510

The "air gap behind absorption panels" debate settled (with data)

Good info. Years ago I read everything i could from Ethan, you and I think Rev. I had a small room with issues. The 2" inch panels I made were installed 2" from the wall. Made sense that an air gap would help. The corner traps I made with 45 degree angles and bought brackets to mount flush in...
  4. Fr8dog3510

What cartridge/stylus do you have in your AR/XA

The Vessel, A3SE.
  5. Fr8dog3510

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

The noise is gone. I dont know exactly how or why. I did clean up everything again and leveled the platter. Reduced the platter clearance to about an 1/8". Still had noise. Inserted old stylus into new head shell, no noise. Received new head shell from best and new cartridge. No noise. Can't...
  6. Fr8dog3510

My table is quiet. Installed a new cartridge, The Vessel from LP Gear. I saw where @Mister Pig (thanks!) recommended it to another AR owner. I also purchased another head shell from Best. Not sure why, but the new stylus from LP Gear seems to be the culprit. I used the old stylus and the noise...
  7. Fr8dog3510

Noise is still there. Funny part is platter wasn't level (way off) and no thrust bearing. Table was quiet. Polished spindle and the end, and lightly sanded spindle well. New delrin, leveled, new head shell and stylus. Added some oil and that annoying sound at every revolution. Leveled again...
  8. Fr8dog3510

Could it be possible I tightened the springs too much? Table is level, now. Swapped out old stylus and no noise. New stylus deeper into grooves?
  9. Fr8dog3510

No vertical or lateral movement. Thrust plates are both new. Happens from the beginning to the run out. I suspect a leveling issue. Thought it was level, but looking at it maybe not. Thing is before I cleaned it up it was definitely not level and no thrust plate in platter well. I put brake...
  10. Fr8dog3510

Need a little help. While playing an album a noise comes through the speakers at the same spot on every revolution. Not a hum. Every record. Any clues? I have an xa. Just cleaned and polished up. New head shell and stylus. Happy Thanksgiving!
  11. Fr8dog3510

Thanks to all of you who have contributed recently on how to make these tables perform better. I've had a stock AR-XA for about 10 years or so. Contacted Marc back then, but regrettably, I didn't follow through. Fast forward. We're in a rental waiting for our home to be built. All vinyl is...
  12. Fr8dog3510

Schiit Fans ?

I have the Saga and the Modi Multibit. Didn't need balanced so Freya was out. Using with a Class D Audio SDS 250. Heat was a factor in my smallish room so I wanted to try an amp that ran cooler. In a different room now, so may try a Vidar. I like the gear from Schiit. American made is a big...
  13. Fr8dog3510

Best of the 5.1-7.1 Era Receivers & Preamps for 2 channel use today? (Phono required)

I still have an Integra DTR 6.4 from 2002-2003. Hasn't been fired up in years. Not bad and has a phono stage.
  14. Fr8dog3510

Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

The Saga is a great value. Running mine with a Class D Audio SDS-250 amp, Schiit Modi MB and Spatial Audio M4 speakers.
  15. Fr8dog3510

AVRs in 2 channel mode that sound as good as vintage amps

I keep an Integra DTR 6.4 as a spare. Bought new back in 04 0r 05. I fire it up every once in a while. Sounds pretty good. It's all I used when I had the home theater with Paradigm Studio 100's.
  16. Fr8dog3510

Taking Sides

Don't play vinyl that much, but when I do, I always play the entire side. CD's and downloads are on the laptop. I usually listen to the entire album. Side 2 on Boston's first album is a favorite. Side 1 of Jefferson Starship's Earth is a good one.
  17. Fr8dog3510

Any experience with Class D amps and impressions?

I have a Class D Audio SDS-250. Perfect amp for my situation. Runs cool and a good match for my speakers.
  18. Fr8dog3510

Has anyone switched from passive to powered speakers in their nearfield/small listening space?

I had a pair Airmotiv 6 for a couple of years. They sounded good in my 11X12X9 room. I was curious about Magnepans, so bought a pair of used MMG's. I liked the sound of the Magnepans better. Kept those for a while. The M-4's do everything the MMG's do, but better. They're staying.
  19. Fr8dog3510

Digital Amp

Thanks for the info. Nice clean simple look.
  20. Fr8dog3510

Digital Amp

Anybody have experience with this amp?https://hifimediy.com/amplifiers/ready-made-amplifiers/upd80-usb-spdif-digital-amplifier What about the NAD D7050?
  21. Fr8dog3510

Subwoofer Integration Primer Needed

I had a Rythmik F-12 sub for a few years. I had it in a few different set ups, connected a few different ways. Options are limited for 2 channel receivers. I tried crossing the sub over where the mains left off, but I really wanted the sub to do the heavy lifting. Tried out my AVR with it's...
  22. Fr8dog3510

How can I expand my musical knowledge?

For me it's been a combination of a lot of the posts here. I've been a classic rock guy forever. Never listened to anything else. What are you listening to now was a first step towards different genres. I also researched sites like AIX, 2L, Linn and also the mastering engineers with good...
  23. Fr8dog3510

Magnepan Placement

The guy I sold my MMG's to was going to hard mount them on a pole. He had a small office and wanted them off of the floor. He showed me a pic (I can't find it), looked kind of odd. My room is 11X12X9. Speakers were 30" from front and 20" from the side. It worked. Trying to get the sub...
  24. Fr8dog3510

Dragonfly Red vs. Schiit stack?

Check out head-fi.org.
Back
Top Bottom