Search results

1. Lavane

Preamp build no channel separation.

Put in backwards? I just don't understand why they load them the way they do to start with. I've seen 62k and 64k loading for MM carteidges in Chinese offerings of both tube and SS phono preamps. Why is it so difficult to just load them 47K?
  2. Lavane

OL Advent questions, please

I've done several woofers, a couple paper cone tweeters, and a few old 12" guitar speakers with Alinco magnets. It seems some.of those guitar speakers are well thought of. Over time the paper surrounds develope cracks. Once all these drivers were repaired, they worked fine and sounded great. It...
  3. Lavane

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

It's a dual purpose trunk. You can use it to move a dead body too!! :thumbsup: :music:
  4. Lavane

I had a pair of OLA's. I never had to take them apart though. Is the metal grill removable? If so, those rips are repairable if it still works.
  5. Lavane

A full crossover for the Realistic Nova 7B....I did it.

I unscrewed the grill from the lattice frame. I think I may put new grill cloth on it and use it without the lattice frame. The factory cloth is faded, dirty and has a little missing at the bottom of the grill baffle. Plus it has a bunch of dimples in it from the lattice frame.
  6. Lavane

Ultrasonic Cleaner? "get off the fence"

I keep everything that comes with the album inside the jacket. Even the digital download cards when present. Including any stickers that were on the factory outer sealed plastic cover. I had given an old record collection to one of my son's a few years back when he started to get into vinyl. One...
  7. Lavane

I had a couple lift off of the board in a Little Bear T-11 phono preamp I modified per Stephies mods. The phono preamp is my son's.
  8. Lavane

Even if there are a few small rips in the paper dome, it should still pass sound if good. Don't toss it.if it turns out it passes sound. You can use tissue paper and watered down Elmer's glue to repair it. Carefully brush some of the glue around the rip, then place the it of tissue, or coffee...
  9. Lavane

Be very careful with those solder pads. They tend to lift off very easily on these Chinese boards. I recently used a Chinese board to build a tube preamp. They sent the wrong 12v regulator. .5 amp instead of 5 amp. I had to buy a new one. One of the small solder pads lifted right off using a...
  10. Lavane

The sound of the Dayton PS-220-8 full range driver.

I access AK from my phone using a browser on the phone. Then just use the attach button and just drag my photos from the phone and post them. Easy peasy.
  11. Lavane

I've had tweeters that tested fine with a meter, yet made very little or no sound. If the voice coil is locked up without being shorted, they can test good with a meter. I do agree with going through the crossovers and cleaning the switch on the back with contact cleaner and working it back and...
  12. Lavane

Also, looking at the underside of the board, the solder pads that are between the two relays on either side look really close. I would look at those solder joints both top and bottom very closely. Whats between them, diodes?
  13. Lavane

Same here, itw been many years ago. Definitely 50+.
  14. Lavane

Alao look very closely for solder bridges on top of the board around the first two tubes. A few of those blobs of solder look awfully close to each other.
  15. Lavane

It's a very common practice with these Chinese boards.
  16. Lavane

Sony ta 2000f pre-amp

That orange film cap needs to be replaced! :yikes: Do you see the big bubble on it? This cap will help your power switch last much longer. Replace it.
  17. Lavane

I've always always slid my sleeves into the jacket with the opening facing up. So o open end exposed. Many years ago I had a brand new record slide out and hit the floor. I've kept the sleeve opening in the jackets placed vertically instead of with the opening lining up with the jacket opening...
  18. Lavane

A full crossover for the Realistic Nova 7B....I did it.

Thanks. Your right, I'll fix it. The 5B's, or 8B's are the ones I really want so I can try the VL mod on them.
  19. Lavane

Marantz Model 112 with various faceplate

the lower one is showing the amount of de-emphasis. 25us is standard for decoding Dolby FM through the tape loop. One or the other is just an earlier version I guess. Just adding the de-emphasis amount one one or the other. Both are most likely the same. I have a 112 tuner without the 25us...
  20. Lavane

New Look, VideoLady201's Nova 8b crossover

Thanks!
  21. Lavane

New Look, VideoLady201's Nova 8b crossover

What are the transformers for?
  22. Lavane

But what about groomes?

It is pretty cleanly built. And mostly carbon film resistors too. I've always liked the industrial look. Pioneer, Sansui, Allied, even Realistic had a similar look.
  23. Lavane

Its kind of hard to see, but it looks like both triodes in the 12AY7's are connected. Maybe they are wired in parallel?
  24. Lavane

I have the same one. I didn't think of using that way to lift them out. I was just sliding them off the spindle when they were still in the tank. We really need a palm on the face emoji. :crazy:
  25. Lavane

But what about groomes?

It's nice looking. It reminds me of the early to mid 70's Sony SS receivers. They're face plates had a similar look.
Back
Top Bottom