Search results

1. sgleich

Stanton 681EEE has been discontinued :(

Thank you. I guess I meant more specifics. Dimensions and if it is a nude diamond. Is this a needlestein re-tip you refer to? Otherwise who is doing these? I have all 681 compatible Stanton / Pickering Carts installed currently with several versions of the Stereohedron plus a D1200 and a...
  2. sgleich

Stanton 681EEE has been discontinued :(

What exactly is this MR retip? How does it compare to a original Stereohedron? Thanks.
  3. sgleich

OK to buy a new old stock stylus?

I have a few NOS Stanton and Pickering Stereohedron Styli that I lucked out on. Most were purchased before they turned into gold a few years ago. I guess I am set but am always curious about the re-tipping being done. What happened to the stein of needles? I was away for a while.
  4. sgleich

Recommend me a subwoofer!

I just bought two of the SVS SB-2000 for my showroom setup at work from world wide stereo. They have them for $499.00 each or $949.00 for a pair, free shipping. They are doing a fine job so far, music only in a big room.
  5. sgleich

Top 3 favorite USED speakers I should look out for, under $300?

Epicure 20's, EPI 201's, EPI 250's are all exceptional. They do 50's and 60's Jazz very well and these double module speakers will reproduce "Exodus" faithfully. I have the 180's also a are nice in a big room. See this for a reference if you find any EPI / Epicures...
  6. sgleich

Tandberg set - Chicago CL

Anyone here buy this set? A 3008a pre, 3001a tuner and 3006a amp for $350.00. All working and looked nice. I gave it a shot but it only lasted a few hours and was gone. What a freaking deal!
  7. sgleich

Stanton 681 eee II s vs At440mlb

I have a Stanton 681 with the same NOS stylus and it has spoiled me. All 3 TT's now have Stantons with a variety of NOS Stereohedrons, of both Pickering and Stanton make. I also have a couple of the .2 x .7 elipticals now that are not going anywhere. One TT in my office has a lowly 600EE with...
  8. sgleich

Pickering cartridge question / needlestien help

I'll bring it back on topic... and answer an earlier question. I have the same TT in my office at work, a JVC JL-A40 that plays very nicely with a Stanton 600EE cart with original and like new EE stylus. I just put my Pickering DTL3s in it to see what would happen and it sounds simply...
  9. sgleich

Drug these home! EPI M202’s

Yes velcro... You have some very good sounding speakers. Check sound from tweeters, sometimes those magnets need to be reinforced with hot glue, epoxy etc. They cam also be easily recapped. Nice haul.
  10. sgleich

Intermittent MM input in Tandberg 3008a preamp

Yes, I have been very happy. The amp was gone over, reflowed and adjusted and had a speaker relay replaced by Larry at Approved Audio in CT. before I ever got it. It is very powerful and is just amazing sound wise. They are by far the nicest sounding components I have ever owned or heard. I...
  11. sgleich

Thank you. I have really been enjoying the 3008a and 3026a together. These have just sounded outstanding with any source. It is very quiet and very detailed and clean with HR digital files, SACD and the TT. So for the MC, I tried that and it was quite faint in both channels (should be...
  12. sgleich

Witchcraft in play?
  13. sgleich

My rather new to me Tandberg 3008A pre seems to have developed an issue with the phono input. It all works well for about 5 minutes and then the left channel cuts out. Initial tests seem to indicate the preamp inputs as switching RCA's do not change the issue, right to left. While both...
  14. sgleich

Today's JAZZ playlist

sniffin glue to Miles Davis? :)
  15. sgleich

What is a SHM-CD, will it play in my deck and output 24/192?

Is that any better than a standard CD that may have been remastered by say Bernie G or Kevin Gray for instance? Do they sound good?
  16. sgleich

What is a SHM-CD, will it play in my deck and output 24/192?

I have found that a couple albums I like are available in the format and am interested in sound quality opinions and if the disc will play in a Marantz SA-8500 SACD/CD player. Most interested in Art Blakey - Drums Around The Corner UCCQ-5028, Made in Japan SHM-CD. This was never on vinyl...
  17. sgleich

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Fixed it.
  18. sgleich

Here is a thread about the platform... Yes, I made it. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/made-a-black-walnut-plinth-base-for-my-pioneer-pl-610.751053/#post-10194639
  19. sgleich

Should I include the SACD format in my main system?

I have a couple of her SACDs on the way. I have to say that both DSD ( and.dff, dsf) files and ISOs sound very good. Is there a better choice than Foobar as a player? I do have both the DSD and SACD components installed.
  20. sgleich

Is there a song that makes you emotional?

Yes, absolutely. Love is the Answer My Angel It Wouldn't have Made any Difference Compassion Love of the Common Man Kindness Sweeter Memories Don't You Ever Learn? A Dream Goes on Forever and more...
  21. sgleich

Is there a song that makes you emotional?

Several Todd Rundgren songs...
  22. sgleich

Transfer vinyl collection to digital

I personally don't have the need to cooy everything but would love to know how to get 24/192 flacs from my twice played AP Art Pepper Smack Up for instance. LPs that are not available in High Res. I do have a 24/96 rip of that one that sounds good but want more. I am sure I could do it but...
  23. sgleich

Should I include the SACD format in my main system?

Ok. Finally got the DAC all correctly installed. I am kinda blown away. So far just jazz. 24/96 Coleman Hawkins Desafinado is the best I have heard it. Burrell Midnight Blue DSD was just so detailed.. high end and low end just perfect. Grant Green Grandstand ISO was also pretty freaking...
  24. sgleich

PL-610 with custom Black Walnut Isolation Platform...
  25. sgleich

Cassettes On the Rise?

Amazing. I need to hook one of my decks up. I do still have boxes of tapes. Not knowing much, i figured i would watch a couple Tandbergs recently on the auctiin site.. one ended over $4k... i guess that says something.
Back
Top Bottom