Search results

1. boza

Share your head fi system.

I'm really interested to see what everyone's using with their headphones. I searched but didn't find a dedicated thread. I know some of you guy's have awesome systems and it would be great to see them all. My system isn't anything special and is very basic as I only have limited space at the...
  2. boza

Could be a daft question

Hi everyone I have a question regarding types of tube. The tube's in question are 12au7 and 12bh7. I've just bought a proper tube headphone amplifier and am looking to buy some different tubes for rolling and also so I have some spare. I've been looking and there are a few different types. Some...
  3. boza

Altering crossover. Help.

Hi everyone As the title says I need help to alter my crossovers to take a different ohm tweeter. I want to use 8 ohm rather than the original 6 ohm. Do I alter the resisters or the capacitors and do I go up or down in value. If I fit the 8 ohm as they are they sound a little dull. They are very...
  4. boza

Dynatron speaker's

Hi everyone I have a pair of these old dynatron speaker's I was wondering if anyone could tell me what woofers these are. Any ideas? Thanks
  5. boza

Identify Audio technica cartridge ?

Hi guys. Sory ti bother you all with this but i was wondering if anyone can tell me what this is and is it worth getting a needle for or is it too old.
  6. boza

Cambridge audio cd4 display

Hello all I was just wondering if anyone can help with a bit of advice. My nephew has a cd 4 and the backlight has gone. There is 3 bulbs in there and I was wondering if they can be replaced with LED's ? If so what voltage will I need ? I was presuming it would be a 12v bulb in there but now I...
  7. boza

Cd-63se. Not spinning disc up

Hello everyone I'm hoping someone can help. My friend has a cd-63se and as the title says it is not spinning the disc up. I've dropped the lid off and can't see anything obvious that's wrong. Sometime's it will spin up and will play fine but more often than not it will do nothing. Could it be...
  8. boza

Show your headphone amplifier

Hi all I was just looking and couldn't find a thread where we have pictures of everyone's dedicated headphone amplifiers. I am pretty new to headphones only just getting a set through necessity at the end of last year. I haven't got anything expensive only the jvc HA-RX700 & the 900, I bought...
  9. boza

Anyone using nobsound. And is it safe to ?

Hi everyone I just ordered one of these little guy's I will mainly be using it with a sony CD player in the bedroom but I was wondering if it would be safe to hook it up to the tape output on my main amplifier. Is there anything I need to know or be careful of. I've never had anything with...
  10. boza

Mini jack to rca phono

Hi everyone Just thought I would share this. I needed a mini jack to phono cable and came acros this nordell cable. It's a nicely put together bit of wire for the price. I got a 1.1/2m for less than £10 uk and it came with a lifetime warranty.
  11. boza

Removable cable mod on jvc ha-rx700 headphones

Hi all I use my headphones on my main system most of the time but now and then I use them on my laptop and portable player and the cable can be a bit too long for this. After seeing how superlux do some of there removable cable's I decided to do a similar thing to my JVC's and fit a socket so I...
  12. boza

Indestructible jvc earbuds

Hi Just thought I'd share this My son has the jvc marshmallow ear buds that he use's all the time. A few days ago he left them in his pocket and my wife put them in the washing machine. Of course we presumed that was it they would be bugger'd but they came out in one piece so he hung them up to...
  13. boza

Happy new year from Bolsover uk

Happy new year to all audiokarma members around the world. Hope you've all had a good un and may 2017 be a great year for us all. boza :thumbsup:
  14. boza

Philips cd371 display problem. Question.

Hi guys I'm hoping you can help. I have the philips CD player and as said its a problem with the display. It work's but not all of it. Parts of the display will come on sometimes then go out making it hard to figure out the track that is playing. Any idea what it could be I've cleaned the...
  15. boza

Sansui au d 101

Hi guys it's the firs time I've posted here on the sansui forum I just have a quick question for you if that's ok. My nephew has been offered the above amplifier for cheep and I just wonder'd if they are a ok amp and if there is anything to look out for. Any known problems. Thank you boza
  16. boza

Bravo v2 headphone amp better than my yamaha as500 ?

Hi everyone I was just looking at the bravo v2 headphone amp that from what I've read seems to be a good little unit at a good price. My question is would it be an improvement on my yamaha's headphone out. It would also be my first step into a valve amp. What do you guys think is it worth it or...
  17. boza

Simple platform.

Just made a couple of platforms for my amp and player out of some MDF I had laying around. They seem to work a treat.
  18. boza

iTunes scam email

Just a heads up. I've just had to get in touch with iTunes support after getting a bogus receipt for a subscription to apple music and them wanting my bank details to cancel. I've made Apple aware but I don't know if there is anything they can do about it so just wanted to give you guys a heads...
  19. boza

Cdp laser lifespan.

I've just had to service my Arcam cd73. I've had it for 12 years now and it's been in daily use so I was just wondering if anyone has any idea how long the laser's usually last or is it a how long is a piece of string type of question. Thanks boza
  20. boza

boza's system

I've had to move my system because we are having some work done on our windows so while it was out and I can get some proper photos of it I thought I would post some pics. My project debut 2 with s shaped tonearm My arcam cd73 CD player. Yamaha as500 amplifier. Technics st-gt 550 FM...
  21. boza

Speaker cable. Anyone tried this.?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this van damme blue 2.5mm cable. I'm thinking of using it in my son's system it looks OK and it's not expensive.
  22. boza

Got these today.

For my son's bedroom system. There mordaunt-short m10. There pretty small but they sound really good they will be just the job in his small room. He will be running them from a Cambridge audio amp and Sony m41 CD player plus his games console. Just got to get some cables and we are going to...
  23. boza

Speaker cap question ?

Hello all Ime going to order new capacitors for my 35 year old speakers and I need help to identifie the value. The cap has a number on it 10/63 and that's it. Am I right in thinking that this is a 10 micro farad cap and I need to know what does the 63 stand for any help you guys can give me...
  24. boza

Anyone herd the as201

Hi all Just wondering if anyone has had a listen to the new as201. I'm going to be putting a system together for my son. It will be used with his games consoles tv and a Sony cdp-m41 CD player speakers will be ether monitor audio bronze bx1 or tannoy mercury v1. What do you think. Will the as201...
  25. boza

woven cable/warm power supply ?

Hello everybody I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on something I've noticed with my amp. I have a power cable that uses kimber cable weave around a center earth cable. I tried it on my amp and it made the power supply quite warm. It doesn't get anywhere near as warm with my QED...
Back
Top Bottom