Search results

1. olson_jr

First AK Fest was 20 years ago, Feb 21, 2004

In my best impression of Ed McMann, “How tall are they?”
  2. olson_jr

I can do a few. Top row, from left, first three. @Grumpy, @Wardsweb, @Bigerik @dmax99 and his son. @Andyman & @Punker X Mr and Mrs Botrytis (David and ?)
  3. olson_jr

The first AK Fest was 20 years ago, Feb 21, 2004. Or so I have been told.
  4. olson_jr

Foghat at the Ukranian Sunflower Festival

I am so glad that Kim Simmond's never sang it. Hey-ah, once I was a boogie singer Playing in a rock and roll band I never had no problems, yeah Burning down the one-night stands Then everything around me, yeah It got to start to feeling so low And I decided quickly, yes, I did, heh To disco...
  5. olson_jr

@Erik Tracy That first Ambrosia LP was big in our group of friends back in the day. Nice, Nice and Holding Onto Yesterday esp.
  6. olson_jr

A friend saw Foghat yesterday (no @Andyman it was not at the Ukranian Sunflower Festival) and I saw that they sang, "Play That Funky Music White Boy.' Now I have some strange mash-up of 'I Just Want to Make Love To You' and 'Play That Funky Music White Boy' stuck in my head. Hey-ah, once I...
  7. olson_jr

Today's JAZZ playlist

Really? I am scratching my head here. Best Jazz, or the most obscure releases of 23? https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/07/arts/music/best-jazz-albums.html?unlocked_article_code=1.FE0.Qs2M.KOXdErB-zTSX&smid=url-share
  8. olson_jr

Have you ever considered just turning off Profile Posts?

Where is this FORM you speak of?
  9. olson_jr

Or you could just listen to some tunes?
  10. olson_jr

What I meant to ask is what purpose do then have on the forum? If none, could they be shut off within XenFono?
  11. olson_jr

I mean, does anyone ever see them, or are they just confusion-causing? https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?whats-new/profile-posts/626081/
  12. olson_jr

Merrylander is fine and doing well!

Yes, it is nice to see him post every morning, one might even say his 'Grandsplaining' is entertaining. Rob turns 93 on 12/08/23.
  13. olson_jr

Why are profile posts even turned on? All I ever see are folks accidentally using them. This...

Why are profile posts even turned on? All I ever see are folks accidentally using them. This was not an accidental post.
  14. olson_jr

TD-124 headshell wiring and tonearm question

What a K-Tel collection!
  15. olson_jr

The "air gap behind absorption panels" debate settled (with data)

Strange that this thread popped out to me today. I am going to a SMAC meet and the host has his panels hard mounted directly to the walls.
  16. olson_jr

Today's JAZZ playlist

I just ran across this, very nice Spiritual Jazz Experience. I will be trying to dig a bit deeper into his catalog.
  17. olson_jr

Ripping CD's to wav.

"Ripping CD's to wav." I assumed this would be a very old thread.
  18. olson_jr

813 SE Monoblock build

Just saw these amps for sale at another site. :(
  19. olson_jr

Today's JAZZ playlist

Mesmerism ~ Tyshawn Sorey Trio https://tyshawn-sorey.bandcamp.com/album/mesmerism
  20. olson_jr

Today's JAZZ playlist

Continuing ~ Tyshawn Sorey Trio Tyshawn Sorey - Drums Aaron Diehl - Piano Matt Brewer - Bass https://tyshawn-sorey.bandcamp.com/album/continuing
  21. olson_jr

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Joined Apr 23, 2006
  22. olson_jr

So far, so good

I came here looking for the first post complaining about the update. I believe you win!
  23. olson_jr

Recordings you purchased unheard, based upon the cover art.

I believe your timing is off, The Yes Album was released in 71, and King Crimson's "Lizard" was in late 1970. But maybe the K-Mart on the East Side got their releases early?
  24. olson_jr

April 2023 SMAC meet!

Seems SMAC is dead here at AK and can't get a leg up at the Haven.
Back
Top Bottom