Search results

1. U

I have 2 onkyo integra dx-5500 cd players

I also have a DX-7500 in very nice condition, except it skips. I started skipping every now and then. I was told by a tech the same thing. the laser is going bad.
  2. U

PIONEER SX-939 Receiver Recap w/ help from eBay Seller - an AK Connection

I still have the 939 I bought 16 years ago as a parts unit. I replaced the main filter caps only to find the tuner didn't work. Markthefixer guided me through trouble shooting the tuner and I found the PC board had a crack. I had to repair three traces and all was good. I have used it sparingly...
  3. U

Would you rather have a stock or fully redone vintage rcvr

I have both. I have a SX-980 that was rebuilt by DR*Audio 15/16 years ago. He went through everything, replacing the main filter caps, all the other caps and problematic transistors, and aligning the tuner. I have never had a problem with it since the work was done. I also have another SX-980...
  4. U

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

I am also sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences. Tom
  5. U

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

My prayers are with you and your wife and I pray for a positive outcome. I have seen others in similar situations have a remarkable recovery. I hope that is the case with your wife. Tom
  6. U

Yamaha Tuners - Your favorites and why...

I voted for the T-1000 as my favorite tuner. I'm the only one so far. I bought it new, along with the matching A-1000 integrated amp. Both still work after almost 35 years. I did have to replace the super capacitor twice over the years, but no other issues. I also have a CT-1010 with a CA-2010...
  7. U

Integrated Amps You Will Never Sell

Yamaha A-1000. Black version. I bought it new sometime around '84 - '85. Also bought the T-1000 tuner with it. I use both to this day. Yamaha CA-2010. Bought this for $9.99 at Salvation Army ten years ago. Another member here talked me through fixing the protection circuit. I bought the CT-1010...
  8. U

markthefixer personal update

I too wish to offer my deepest condolences. I am sorry for your loss. Tom
  9. U

Your favorite on/off vintage receiver switch?

I prefer the flip switch. Too many finger prints around the button, and I like leaving the knobs where they are set. Tom
  10. U

Another Broken SX-580

OK. The STK-0029's have been installed. I am still getting volages that are not quite right, but both channels are nearly equal. Voltages for the STK-0029's below. Q1 Service Manual / Measured 1 -1.2 / -1.03 2 -28 / -31.36 3 45mv 8 45mv 9 28 / 31.28 0 1.2 / .604 Q2 1 -1.2 / -1.02...
  11. U

Pioneer SX-650 with very strange problem! Please help.

I think what he is trying to say is that the contacts in the relay have some pitting or corresion that does not allow the audio signal to pass through the relay. Some have had success removing the relay's plastic cover and cleaning the contacts using paper wetted with DeOxit. I have tried...
  12. U

Another Broken SX-580

I ordered 2 STK-0029s. They should be here next week. To be continued...
  13. U

Another Broken SX-580

STKs have been swapped. All symptoms followed. It looks like its time for new pair if STK-0029 chips. Ebay looks to be the only source. Is there anything I should look for or do I roll the dice and hope for the best? Tom
  14. U

Another Broken SX-580

I have a SX-580 that came to me not working. Symptoms: Unit powers up, lights come on. I am able to to tune stations on both AM/FM. When turned on, volume at zero ans aux selected, the left power meter will move quickly to the right, then slowly move back to zero, kind of like a capacitor...
  15. U

SX-939 Repaired and sounding great.

Thanks Larry. A few of the knobs and switch covers are from the 1010 I parted out. My wood case needs veneer also. It's hard to see in the pic, but the rear left upper corner took a hit. My next project will be a SX-580 with a bad channel. I'll probably post a question when I get as far as I...
  16. U

SX-939 Repaired and sounding great.

Pictured is the SX-939 I recently repaired the tuner on. With MTF's guidance, I was able to trace the problem to a cracked tuner board. I bought this receiver 10+ years ago in ebay. It was sold as not working, parts or repair only. I placed a low bid and forgot about it until I won. $16 +...
  17. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

It works! :banana::banana::banana: FM works, both channels are equal. Stereo light comes on. The signal strength meter now works in AM also. Fixing cracks is a royal pain in the rear end. The first one took a few tries to get the wire on the trace. After that, the rest were just plain...
  18. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

I have lifted the board on almost a 90 degree angle and secured it with wire ties. I also taped all of the pullys for the tuner string before moving. I did not remove the pully from the tuning cap. In order to get enough room to work I had to remove 4 pins with the wires attached, 2 for the AM...
  19. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

OK. I figured out the AM meter problem. The signal strength meter is connected to pin 23 on the tuner board through AM selector switch. I have continuity between Pin 23 and the meter when AM is selected. Pin 23 is connected to pin 9 of HA1138 through a 1K (R63) resistor. There is continuity...
  20. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

Verified the crack using a 10 power loupe. I am not ready to lift the board yet. One other problem I still need to trouble shoot as stated in my first post. No signal strength meter on AM. I can tune and hear AM with out problem, no movement on the meter. The signal strength meter does work...
  21. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

I am not ready to pull the board up just yet. I am confused, or maybe I found the problem, I'm not sure. Mark, I have been probing the tuner board with an ohm meter (power off and unpluged) checking for continunity from pin 4 and 5 of HA1156. I have also checked some voltages again. In...
  22. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

Q11 and Q12 are both 2sa763. I checked the tuner board with a loupe. do the pin 31 / pin 2 while it's set for FM and tape monitor off/out/up. Should get sound. I checked again and did not get sound when FM is selected. Tape monitor was off/up. If I understand the signal path from the...
  23. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

Some progress here. Using a wire connected to pin 31 and the the negitive lead or a 10uf capacitor, I am able to touch pin 2 of HA1156. The stereo light will light. Using the .1uf probe connected through the tape-in, I get sound on pin 4 and pin 5 of HA1156. Pin 4 is louder. Still no sound...
  24. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

Mark, Using the center conductor of the cable connected to the tape-in right channel, I can hear a tuned in station at pin 4 and pin 5 on the muting board. Pin 5 is connected to pin 31 on the tuner board. I also can hear the station at pin 31, tuner board. I get no signal on pin 2, 4 or 5 on...
  25. U

SX-939 No sound from FM

OK Here is what I found. I wraped a wire around pin 4 and pin 5 (no soldering) and no FM or stereo light with FM selected. Muting board has three transistors. Stamped AWM-063-0, It also has WTL stamped, I think, it is hard to read. The jumper between pin 7 and 31 is cut. Tuning meter is...
Back
Top Bottom