Search results

1. foliver

Dual 1229 headshell, someone?

Hello all, long time without posting. Some years ago a friend offered to me a 1229 in bad shape. Worst thing is the broken headshell. The turntable falled from the rear seat in a hard brake situation, and brokes the headshell. I tried to glue it, but it doesn't works. So, someone has a headshell...
  2. foliver

Garrard RC88/4 clean, but……need help

Hello all. Long time without writing.. Yesterday I picked up my first Garrard. It’s a RC88/4, in nice shape as you can see in the pics. The problem is that the arm is blocked, doesn’t move I manual or auto mode. The motor spins fine, the weel too, the cycle it does now in auto is: Starts de...
  3. foliver

Uher 4000 Report IC no sound.

Hello all I am overhauling a uher 4000 report IC. Everything works ok, but i've no sound on speaker, or headphones. Nothing. If i record, i have nothing in ehadphones, but meter moves, and everything seems ok. Where can i start to investigate that? The recorder is in very good shape...
  4. foliver

Sad, I've messed up one transformer, I need your opinions...

Hello group.... Very sad. Yesterday I've start to recap a Grundig NF20 amplifier. Today I start to drill the cabinet to allow the power caps fit in, and I've messed one transformer. I guess I need to change it? I've another NF20 that will be the donor, but the transformers looks a little...
  5. foliver

Gradiente Preamp PII volume potentiometer replacement

Hello all. I've been offered with this Gradiente Preamp "Esotech PII". I don't know how it sounds yet. Gradiente was a well known Brazilian brand, with some good products line It has the potentiometer shaft broken, so I need a replacement. Looking at the board where the pot is mounted, I see 2...
  6. foliver

Dual CV1200 amplifier fuses blown, why?

Hello all. Today after lot of time, I take off the dust of a Dual CV1200 amplifier, cleaned and lubricated all pots, and contacts, and start to listen vinyls. Well, the cleaning solves the 90% problem of left channel loss times to times. So, I rise up the volume, pushed the contour button, and...
  7. foliver

Akai GX370D reel to reel help..don't play

Hello all. Long time without posting. Well 2 days ago I was offered with an Reel to reel Akai GX 370D, two owners, very well cared and maintained, in very good shape. The previous owner says to me that he stop using it ten years ago, and it was stored functioning properly. But now, the play...
  8. foliver

I kill my Rotel preamp with 220V ! F@$/*

Hello all. Sad moment. I've plugged my hotel RC-1070 to 220V, an ugly smoke and smell appears, and the on light turned off. I've open it and here's a picture. What can I expect? The transformer is dead? Can it be repaired?, can I buy a new part ( Part no: 1314428 ) where? I'm sad. Thanks for...
  9. foliver

PLAC! in the speaker when plugging a Grundig NF20 for the first time in years.

Hello again. I have a working Grundig NF20 in my living room ( will be recapped soon) after your help, and a second one that was in the shelving, from 2 years ago when i bough it. It is rusted, but seems in good shape, looking at it has the same diagram that the one is working ( i have a third...
  10. foliver

Double capacitance electrolitic? Grundig NF20

Hello, all. I have a Grundig NF20 amp, that has been repaired some time ago, before my purchase. I'm running it FROM SOME DAYS AGO, with a nice new FR Philips 9710 speakers, build last year, and a Rotel Preamp. The amp, has one original Grundig ( siemens) 100uf+100uf, 350/385V ( aluminium...
  11. foliver

Help me identify this Goddmans FR

Hello, i've bought some time ago 2 Goodmans 10¨, with red alnico magnets. I haven't used them yet, because i'm with a 9710 proyect. The ancient Goodman's seller, is selling another one for 45 U$S, and i thing i'll grab it too. Can someone help me to identify the model? nothing is written on the...
  12. foliver

speaker cable, best quality price relation

Hello, i know this subject is not easy...but: i'll start a construction of a cabinet for a full range Philips 9710, and i want to have good quality speaker cables, not top notch hi end ones ( i can't afford them). Anyone can suggest me a nice one to start my proyect? My amp will be Grundig NF20...
  13. foliver

Dynaudio P series quality?

Hello group. this days i was reading ( and some of you has answered my previous thread ) about Dynaudio P series, but i was not able to find reviews, or significant info on them. They were built around 1977. My question is if the P series are still really good speakers, or they are far from...
  14. foliver

Dynaudio P46 ?

Hello group, Someone in my country is selling a Dynaudio P46 speakers. Worn surrounds, and one broken tweeter. He asks 300 U$S. I never read nothing about Dynaudio, someone knows the P46 model?, do you thing it worth the pain and the extra money to bring them to life? I cannot find any info...
  15. foliver

Need measurements for open baffle with philips 9710

Hello group. Two years ago i bought a nice pair of 9710's, and they are waiting on the shelf to have their own enclosures. But now i would lime to build open baffles with them. Someone can give me an idea of some measurements and proportions and speaker placement into, to build just a frontal...
  16. foliver

Help to identify these telefunken speakers

hello all. This days someone is selling at 100$ these telefunken speakers, the seller sais they're good sounding ones, 3 ways, and they measurements are 65x48x28 cm. He doesn't know the model, the cable comes straight from the back, no conections. I barely see square medium and tweeter...
  17. foliver

Dual CV 1200 1978 amplifier, with some problems.

Hello. I have this Dual 1200 amp ( 28+28W) since 1996. I remember that it impress me very well on this date, but my Luxman 101 has more detail, so i continue with the Luxman ( until now). This last year, i guve a try again to the Dual 1200, and the left channel didn't worked until i give. Aboost...
  18. foliver

"Audio high end store" upgrade kits?

Hello, my old Dual CV1200 is in need of some care.. Just reading info, i found a companie called " Audio high end store" that sells capacitors kits to upgrade the Amps. http://www.audio-high-store.com/product/dual-cv-1200-upgrade-kit-audio-capacitors/ Someone knows if that can be a good kit...
  19. foliver

EL 41 amplifier?

hello group. Someone in my country is selling an Ugly tube amp, he sais it has one EL41 per channel, and 2 EBC 41 per channel. It delivers 5 o 6 W . I have't find any info on EL 41 amplifiers and his quality.....i don't know how it compares with EL 84 ones for example. The size of the...
  20. foliver

Goodmans 10 red alnico's, worth the pain?

Hello all. Rainy day here. Someone in my country ( 400 km from home) is selling a pair of Goodmans 10's, alnicos drivers, with red painting around magnets... He sais they are full range pulled from some big cabinets. Someone knows these speakers? Does they worth the pain? ( pain is 80 uss the...
  21. foliver

KLH 23 woofers

Hello, i have blown one of my klh 23 woofers.... both have the square magnet. I´ve seen that they was produced with round magnet too. Can i substitute the square blown one by a round one? Can the sound be different, so my stereo pair will sound different? Thanks for your repply and coments. Fabian
  22. foliver

Bang & Olufsen Beogram TX2

Hello, someone close to me is selling a Beogram TX2 in excelent condition, it's a 110 V model. I live in a 220 V country, can i make it work well with a 220 to 110 transformer, or is a "dangerous" source of noise, and speed? I'm a Dual ( 1009, 1019) user, so i don't know how this beogram can...
  23. foliver

Jico jc500et cartridge?

Hello, i have been offered with a Jico JC-500ET cartridge, with a bad stylus. i can´t find any info, if this is a good cartridge one, medium or low.. And what stylus to buy for it. Any info on Jico cartdriges? nothing on the web... Thanks for the info. Fabian
  24. foliver

Help with servicing an unknown stereo 6BQ5 integrated tube amp

Hello all, 2 month ago i bought an integrated tube amp, with an anknown procedure. May be build in Argentina, because of the front plate. Before to buy it i started a thread about it, and many of you helped me a lot. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=646824 The sound is good...
  25. foliver

Klh 23. Cap diferences?

Helo all. 2 years ago o bought a pair of 23's i've recap them with dayton and solens. They sound good. I've "resealed" them too. I was reading more about caps this days, and i was asking myself if they can sound even better with mundorf caps? Or auricap, or something in this league. Do...
Back
Top Bottom