1. powerman

Nice to be here

Welcome to AK and love your Mr Bill avatar
  2. powerman

Greetings from Tacoma

Hi Serria and welcome to Audiokarma
  3. powerman

JBL 4320 Modded with 077/2405 Tweeter - External Crossover Options

Can you tell which driver is not producing the required sound. As the box crossovers get old the fiber washers behind the binding posts break down and crack. Try and see if all the push posts are tight. If the speakers have been played at high levels all their life chances are the diaphragm in...
  4. powerman

Hey y'all, new to the hobby

Welcome to AK
  5. powerman

JBL 4648 vs 4645B

Those are legitimate JBL speaker models
  6. powerman

JBL 4648 vs 4645B

If you do not want to make your cabinets look for 4642A dual 2241H’s. I do not remember if JBL made a TCB with 2241H’s but did make it with 2240’s Model # 4688 or 4788.
  7. powerman

Hello from Nevada

Hello and welcome to AK
  8. powerman

Locanthi Prototype Horns

Yes mine are in black
  9. powerman

Need help diagnosing a problem with a JBL 128H woofer

Has a mass ring and it has come unglued. This happens most times due to over excursion and it hits the top plate which pops it loose. As said above you have to carefully cut around the dome to glue it back down. If it is your first time take it in so you do not damage. If you live in IL would...
  10. powerman

Need help diagnosing a problem with a JBL 128H woofer

Carefully tap on the dome and see if you hear the rattle. It might be a mass controlling ring came loose after over excursion.
  11. powerman

Barzilay with 001 load in the nouse.

Sensitivity Rated 103 db at 1Khz
  12. powerman

BETA Sound Mystery Speakers

It is enclosed
  13. powerman

The crossover has hand written 1001B on them
  14. powerman

We have the 1001B’s and there is not much info out
  15. powerman

Beta Sound model number

The model is a 1001B as can be seen on the crossover board I missed before. Company seem to make 6 different models from 1977 - 1981. This info came from Audio, Stereo Review, and High Fidelity buyers guide mags. Appear to be the same components that Klipsch used in various speakers. The woofer...
  16. powerman

Beta Sound model number

These were found at a barn sale. I cannot find a model number anywhere. Made by Beta Sound Inc. Dallas Texas. I have read the few threats around on this manufacture but not much info out there. The 12” woofers were replaced and unknown what was the original woofers. Any info will be much...
  17. powerman

JBL C34 SPEAKERS - Need advice

frequency and dispersion bandwidth
  18. powerman

JBL C34 SPEAKERS - Need advice

The proper wiring sequence would be main input to the N1200 not the N7000/8000. The HF output from the N 1200 is then connected to the input of the N7000/8000. The LF of the N7000/8000 is connected to the 175 mid and the HF connects to a 075/2402 or 077/2405. The latter being the better of the 2...
  19. powerman

My JBL 4435 Frankensteins

You can make the cards. What is needed is 2 - 18db cards as the 4430/35 cards are unique. These use only 4 caps and 4 resistors. Info can be found online by typing in 5234A or 5235 manual. It shows the values needed and location of the components to be installed on the cards.
  20. powerman

JBL 2107H

JBL does not give a model number for this horn but a part number #5047165 a 40x60 coverage horn
  21. powerman

My JBL 4435 Frankensteins

Do you have a JBL 5234A or 5235. Make the xover cards for the 4430/35 and bi-amp them. This will make it much easier to use a different variety of woofers. Use a SS amp with high DF for bottom
  22. powerman

LE 10h woofer replacement

The 2123 is used more for a low mid driver and will not give you much bass. The best match would be LE10A’s if you cannot find the original LE10H’s. Thiele Small parameters are a little different
  23. powerman

JBL SR4732 for home theater?

When a audio signal is unavailable I bring with me cables made up to test with a 1.5 volt battery. Depending on the speaker a 1/4 or speakon connector wired with 10 ft. of 2 conductor wire. Touching the leads to the + and - posts will get you a clicking noise from the drivers. Listen to each...
  24. powerman

JBL SR4732 for home theater?

Which series do you have. There are 3 versions of them starting with the 4732 then the A’s and last the X models which were the best in the series. The first two did not have great cabinet construction. The X version took care of that and improved the crossover substantially. I have the first...
  25. powerman

JBL C50 Olympus Baffle removal question

The cabinets are not deep enough to use the H92 horn. It will have the H91 horn. These older cabinets from the 60’s did not use Velcro for lenses. They were secured by 4 small screws. My early L91 lenses have felt on the back side mounting
Back
Top Bottom