Search results

1. Beaglemaster

Value of Infinity Monitor IIa Speakers

Fortunately, my hearing is still good and hasn't changed much. I can still hear high frequencies. I wish I could say the same about my eyesight. lol
  2. Beaglemaster

So "if" both change that would mean the tweeter control on the rear of the speaker is affecting only the Peerless? On the original Infinity Monitor having the tweeter control tweak the Walsh was good. I used it, could hear it working and liked it. If the schematic of the IIA is correct, having...
  3. Beaglemaster

Yes it does. The picture is of the original Infinity I. Says the exact same thing on the rear of the the Infinty IIA. Both models say "TweeterS"
  4. Beaglemaster

I'm not that savy in interperting the schematic, so I couldn't pinpoint exactly the reference to the tweeter control NOT affecting the Monitor IIA Walsh tweeter and ONLY the Peerless tweeter. Notwithstanding, the tweeter control on the back of the original Infinity Monitor I definitely controls...
  5. Beaglemaster

Does the tweeter control on the back of the Monitor 11A affect the Peerless Tweeter too, or just the Walsh? Also, how much does each line increment on the tweeter dial represent in decibles?
  6. Beaglemaster

Brand new factory Infinity Monitor II Walsh Tweeters

No matter how I position them, or swap them around, the problem always stays with that particular tweeter.
  7. Beaglemaster

Correct. The date was an error. Should have been the 1970s. Thats why I deleted it.
  8. Beaglemaster

That's good news! Since my originals still work, I only tested them coming from the the L-R outputs from my amp with the proper resisistors. They test fine and sound smooth, but there's just that noticeable difference in treble. I'm not arguing, but just curious as to why placing them in the...
  9. Beaglemaster

Both tweeters read the same, but still, one's brighter than the other.
  10. Beaglemaster

From the original eBay ad quoted below.......... INFINITY ICE CREAM CONE TWEETERS 902-0033 NEW OLD STOCK THESE TWEETERS WERE PURCHASED FROM INFINITY, AS YOU SEE THEM , FOR A REPLACEMENT BUT WERE NEVER USED. THE FOAM IS IN GOOD CONDITION , THE GOLD CONES HAVE SOME DENTS ( SEE PHOTOS ) BUT THIS...
  11. Beaglemaster

Photo of the Walsh tweeter stamped 902-0033 on bottom magnet.
  12. Beaglemaster

You said the originals were stamped 906-0060. I don't know what my originals are stamped because they're both still working and mounted in the IIA speaker enclosures. The ones I just purchased on eBay are stamped 902-0033. They were never used and packed in original Infinity boxes. They look...
  13. Beaglemaster

As of now I don't have a meter. Just doing it by ear, so far.
  14. Beaglemaster

Yes, all sound pretty much the same except for the one that's a bit bright.
  15. Beaglemaster

I guess anything's possible. I'll look into that in case I absolutely must take them apart. I'm not looking forward to doing that. lol Thanks!
  16. Beaglemaster

That sounds reasonable. However, from what I can see, the foam in both look about the same. Neither shows signs of degradation. I bought them as backups in case one (or both) of the Walsh tweeters in my IIA's conks out in the future. The foam of the new replacement pair looks even better than...
  17. Beaglemaster

Not too long ago I was lucky enough to purchase two brand new, never used, Infinity Monitor II Walsh Tweeters in original factory Infinity shipping boxes, from a reputable eBay seller. Both tweeters are stamped 902-0033 on the bottom magnets and work fine. To my ears, both have approximately the...
  18. Beaglemaster

AKAI Lovers and Collectors...

Akai CR-80D 8 track recorder side panels Just bought an Akai CR-80D 8 track recorder in 'almost' great condition. The only bad part is the front left wooden side panel has an ugly three inch gash in it. If I could flip it over and turn it around, the damage would now be pointing to the rear of...
  19. Beaglemaster

storage of audio gear in very cold weather

Had my Canton Quinto 540 speakers in cold conditions for over 10 years. Just hooked them up. They play fine!
  20. Beaglemaster

Fisher 500 TX dial cord won't move

Larry & notdigital, I will get back to everything after the holidays. I have a few more questions. A couple of them pertaining to servicing a Fisher 500TX. In the interim, thanks for all the good advice and have a happy Thanksgiving! :wave:
  21. Beaglemaster

Well, I spent last week on and off trying to unfreeze it. I applied the penetrant to the new spots and also applied some additional applications to the original areas. Unfortunately, no luck! The tuning cord moves a bit easier but only if I assist it while manually turning the black pulley. I...
  22. Beaglemaster

Thanks. I got it and understand better. I originally thought of hitting the new areas you've outlined but shyed away, as they're so close to the fins and didn't want to get PB Blaster on them. I'll now mask the new areas well and will apply the penetrant over the weekend and report back. Will...
  23. Beaglemaster

I only hit the 3 areas outlined in red, in the picture below. When I did, I made a point of masking off all surrounding areas, so as to not get any penetrate on the fins, as you forewarned. Can you indicate exactly where the new areas you mention (in bold above) are located, so I'm certain...
  24. Beaglemaster

That's what I intend to do for awhile. The suggestions mentioned below "Extreme measures may be called for" might be above my level at this point. Undoing the pulley from the cord, etc. means rewiring the cord perfectly. Some people say this can be quite a task for it to tune correctly. I'll...
Back
Top Bottom