Search results

1. J

Telefunken 8in full rangers id

These babies recently became available locally and am wondering if anyone can id them and possibly offer insight into their best use appropriateness. Im looking for drivers with a qts in the .6 range for some ported cabinets. Specifically some gutted dcm CX21 cabinets I found roadside. Thanks.
  2. J

Belles I Power amp toggle switch replacement

Got a Sweet little Belles I here and am in need of a new toggle switch. Having never performed the simple task previously, what sort of specs and component quality should I be considering? Will something with correct specs from Home Depot get the job done appropriately or is this a Mouser/Parts...
  3. J

Dcm cx21 enclosures for 6.5 in full ranger

Found a pair of discarded DCM cx-21 speakers w blown tweets. Already have a pair of cx-17 and Time Window 1a DCMs so not looking for more of the same My thought was possibly repurposing the cabinets for some 6.5 in full range drivers. I have a subwoofer to put in play so not necessarily...
  4. J

Ward Airline 7868 SE Console Amp Hum

Picked up a recapped Ward Airline 7868 se console amp (severed from its its am/fm companion chassis} recently to see what a few more single ended watts of power would do for my Klipsch Forte 1s. Described as having no issues and recapped, it arrived with approximately 10db of equal channel...
  5. J

Dyna Pas2 sans tubes in phono position

De-mothballing a Pas2 here and was wondering if i can run the unit without the phono stage 12ax7s inserted in their respective positions? Will this negatively affect the bias(?) and/or current flow to line stage tubes? Thanks
  6. J

Conversion of receiver to power amp

Picked this Kenwood 104AR off the street recently. Normally i would let something as such remain there but its weight made me wonder. Got it home and it sounded atrocious with a number of speaker combinations except, and surprisingly so, with my Acoustat Model 3s. 100w/ch 4ohm stable, the...
  7. J

Telefunken 12ax7 id?

Looking for help identifying a tube that for all but one indicator suggests it being a Telefunken 12ax7. Etched diamond on the bottom, smooth plate and halo getter all point in the direction of it being a Tele, yet it has 4 small external ribs on the top silver portion emanating from the top...
  8. J

Heresy I cap ID

Geetings, Picked up a set of absolutely Frankened Heresy Is; only the T35s are original. Woofer is sadly a Pyramid Phase III. Mid cutout has been enlarged to accommodate a sizable Atlas Sound unit that has no internet footprint. Wondering if I could get some help in the identification of the...
  9. J

Green AT Stylus ID

Hey All, picked up an Optonica TT and reciever on the cheap that came with an Audio Technica AT237e loaded in the headshell. I have tried various sites on the web in an attempt to id the green AT stylus attatched to the cart, but to no avail. Obviously, I require this info to confirm the...
  10. J

Mystery 2-way ID

Here we go again. Curious to know if anyone recognizes the drivers as well as the cabinet/baffle combination. Thanks
  11. J

Lafayette 224a tube positions

Playing around with a Lafayette 224a/Forte I setup lately, rolling in various combos. Have yet to locate a schematic so I thought I'd defer to you all on the 5x12ax7 tube positions and their respective finctions. As you all know the layout configures them into 3 groups: 2 sets of 2 and a...
  12. J

Matsushita 6qb5..does milk equal toast

Pulled these Matsushita 6qb5s from a recently acquired Lafayette LA-224a and am wondering if a quick visual inspection is a good indicator of their likely being in poor condition. In my short experience in the tube realm I have not yet encountered this "milky" phenomenon on any of the tubes...
  13. J

6aq5 to 6bq5 adapters

I have multiple quads of 6aq5s and have been contemplating getting some of these adapters sold on eBay to use with my Lafayette LA-224A as everyday output tubes. Do any of you have experience using adapters in general and these specifically? Any potential harm to my amp with their use? Thanks
  14. J

Mirror Image Mod on ADS L710s

Wondering if anyone has contemplated or attempted to swap the position of the tweeter and mid on one of their L710s or similarly configured ADS speakers, thus creating a mirror image pair, in an attempt to improve soundstaging. As it stands, about the only complaint one hears concerning...
  15. J

Bi-amping Forte Is

Presently enjoying well-modified Fortes using additional bracing, weighted PRs as well as Crites diaphragms and xovers. Getting the itch to play with bi-amping and was wondering if anyone has utilized the parts from the original crossover to fashion a low pass network? Of course id eventully...
  16. J

Bi-amping Forte Is

I've been progressively upgrading my Forte Is with various Crites offerings and have been quite pleased each step of the way (tw and mid diaphragms, xovers). Presently I'm contemplating going the bi/tri-amping route and see that there are many options. I imagine a DSP unit is in my future...
  17. J

Pioneer PL-55x Speed Selector Bypass Help

Hey all, looking for a little guidance in performing a mod on my Pio pl-55x TT. The speed continues to fluctuate even after multiple deoxit treatments of both the speed selector and pitch controls. Research seems to confirm that the speed selector switch is the culprit and the choices are...
  18. J

EV Wolverine LT-12 Cabinet ID Needef

Another CL possibility spotted and I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the cabinets. Are they possibly factory, generic, repurposed or the likely handiwork of a vintage correct cabinet maker? Secondly, given that we know the drivers (EV Wolverine LT-12) can anyone guesstimate from the photos...
  19. J

Pioneer Receiver ID

Found a console set up on CL that features the following reveiver stuffed inside the unit. Could be a score in the making given the associated speakers and don't as of yet want to inquire any further. Contained in the cabinet is a purported Pioneer receiver; no model denoted. The pictire is...
  20. J

Console Speaker ID

Found this set on CL and am unsure of what I'm looking at here. The wood and finish seem to match but then again a woodworker in the day could easily have fashioned a maching pair cabinets for a purchased set of drivers. No associated components are being offered. While the spinner looks like...
  21. J

Sherwood s9400 and Speaker Impedence

Trying to determine which speaker setting would be correct for a set of 4ohm speakers. More specifically I suppose, I'm trying to determine if the amps terminals are wired in series or parallel. The speaker switch on the Sherwood s9400 features 4 positions: Off, A, B, & A+B. As well, the...
  22. J

Xover Verification/id

Recently picked up a pair of modified Heresy Is with an as yet to be identified Atlas Sound mid horn (no model # on the pristine silver labels), Pyramid Phase iii woofer and k-77 tweeter. In fact, the mid wave guide was trimmed on the ends to accommodate the width of the cabinets. I'm presently...
  23. J

Retweetering The Polk Audio 10a

Out walking the dog stumbled upon a garage sale with a pair of PA 10as with the sl1000 tweeters. $30.Nice Condition. Obviously, Coop and I did not go home alone. LSS, I'm digging much of what I hear but the sl1000 is simply not cutting it. I've thrown numerous combinations at my new toys...
  24. J

Pilot AA-920 transformer id

Just spent 3 hrs searching for the answer to the following question. I'm thinking I've paid my dues on this one and qualify for once again leaning on you all to set me straight. Anyway, cannot seem to find the answer to the question, "What model input and output transformers did Pilot use in...
  25. J

Scroe-"Moded" H1s Driver/Xover id

JeanlucMember Picked these little numbers up for $45 dollars yesterday. While the protective frames featured a dlk insignia they look an awful lot like Heresys if memory serves me (previously owned H2s). In fact, the cabinets are of the same dimensions and materials (plywood). The speaker...
Back
Top Bottom