Search results

1. crustex

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Yes, it has always been used with a step down transformer on 100vac. Have not tried to relube the bearing but it seems to spin fine on variable mode, the knocking sound only appears when set to quartz lock so I'm assuming it's something else?
  2. crustex

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Hi, I am the owner of a Denon dp-80 which has a speed issue I'm hoping someone might have some information on how to fix. The speed fluctuates in variable mode and in quartz lock is going much faster than it should. Also there is a rumbling/knocking type sound it makes in quartz but which goes...
  3. crustex

Au 217 volume issues

I just picked up a a very nice looking au/tu 217 rack combo from an auction for next to nothing but unfortunately the amp has some issues. After thoroughly deoxiting all the controls I've still got an issue with the volume and the balance pots. When the volume on the amp is turned down to zero...
  4. crustex

Cart recommendations SR-838

I've used many carts (Shure's, Grado's, Pickering's) with my SR-838 and the Denon DL-110 is my favorite with this table. The DL-110 matches well with the 838's arm, compliance wise, and also I get a better bass response from the DL-110 on the SR-838 than any other deck I've used that cart with...
  5. crustex

Denon DP30LII spinning out of control

I have this TT and in the past its had speed control issues as well. I see you said you sprayed Deoxit into the Pitch Control Potentiometer and I'm assuming you were referring to regular Deoxit in the red can. Try Deoxiting this pot again with Deoxit Faderlube that comes in the green can or...
  6. crustex

Sansui sp300

Sansui SP-300's are a great speaker. They were Sansui's TOTL in the late 60's when they came out. The drivers for the woofer and the mid horn are absolute beasts. They had the strongest magnets ever used in a driver at the time they were produced I've read. Deoxit the attenuator knobs and recap...
  7. crustex

BA-5000 for repair

I am the owner of the BA-5K previously mentioned in this thread by Dr. Audio and I must say that post-recap it is the most fantastic sounding amplifier I've ever heard. It almost makes my completely restored G22k sound ordinary and as we know that takes some doing! It became a whole different...
  8. crustex

Using a Denon DA Tonearm on a plinth with a linn type mount

Hi, I've just got a nice turntable without an arm and I would like to install one of the 10" Denon DA tonearms on it. I know from the previous arm on it that the mount is drilled to the correct length to fit these so I am wondering what I would have to do to use one with the linn type mount...
  9. crustex

Au-717 or G-6000 for Cornwalls

Hi, I have tried numerous different different Sansui's with Cornwalls and I've found that more so than other speakers the Cornwalls will give you the sound of the amp you are driving them with. For me personally, I prefer using my G-22000 over my other warmer units such as my AU11000A. I've...
  10. crustex

Sansui SR-838 or buy something else?

Yes Get it! The SR-838 is a great table. Very well designed with a nice tonearm and they sound great. Also just about the most beautiful TT ever made IMO. As long as it is fully functional that is not a bad price. You can find them for less occasionally but they usually go for more than that...
  11. crustex

Nakamichi LX-5 Recording Problems

Another Different Problem So, I've got yet another problem with this deck. The Rec Mute light came on and won't come off so I'm completely unable to record. Pressing the rec mute button has no effect, it just goes into mute mode as soon as I press the record button. Any suggestions? Also...
  12. crustex

New here and looking for suggestions

I agree with all the previous posters. I have an AU555a and a TU-666 which cost me around 250. I would offer him a max of 300 for them or maybe 350 if they are in mint condition or recapped or something like that but no more. Also the AU-555a is only a 25 watt amp. Those are big old Sansui...
  13. crustex

Choosing my 2nd Reel to Reel...Looking for suggestions

I was considering a local RT-909 for sale recently but the seller was asking way more than I was willing to pay and as a previous poster mentioned for that money I think I can do alot better. I guess there is a premium attached to RT-909's as far as price because of their desirability for...
  14. crustex

Altec Model 19 Ceiling Mount??

I've heard its possible to mount Model 19's to the ceiling. Does anyone have any info about this? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair and the only issue I have is with space as I don't have the room to accommodate them along with a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls on the floor so the...
  15. crustex

Sansui AU-X1 vs. G-22000 Comparison

From my experience with the G22 I've came to think that its Pre is the strength of the unit along with the tuner and also that its Pre makes up for some qualities that are lacking when playing the power amp directly through other Pre-amps. The jewel in its crown so to speak. I've experimented...
  16. crustex

I looked into the Otari, that looks like a very nice unit. I need to do some more research into XLR to RCA adapters but other than that it looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Also the Teac 3440 looks like a great machine, my friend has a 3340 that I've used and liked and the 3440 with the...
  17. crustex

Hi, I am on the lookout for another Reel to Reel to go along my Teac A-2300s and looking for advice on which model to lookout for. I'm looking for a deck that will accept 10.5 inch reels and my priorities in order of importance are: 1. Long Term Reliability 2. Sound Quality 3...
  18. crustex

Sansui AU-X1 vs. G-22000 Comparison

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here had experience with both of these units and could provide some thoughts on the differences between the two of these units apart from the obvious ones such as the Big G being a receiver and 160 and 220 watts power respectively. I know they share the same...
  19. crustex

Somehow, mysteriously, the problem went away. I deoxited the pots for the recording level and bias tune as soon as I noticed the problem when I first got the deck and it continued to happen immediately after that so I was thinking it was something more serious but now she is working fine. Maybe...
  20. crustex

There's alot going on in that SM and this is my first Nak deck so do you have any suggestions where to start looking? The circuitry in there looks pretty darn compex and I didn't see a section specifically dedicated to troubleshooting problems in the SM. So any advice as to where to start...
  21. crustex

Just refinsihed a set of rare SP-5500's and....

Actually the SP-300's are 85 pounds and alot larger than SP-2000's or similar size Sansui speakers. The drivers are very unique with 4 cylindrical slug shaped magnets per driver as opposed to a round disc. I am imagining the SP-5500's as a hybrid of the SP-2500 design mixed with the SP-300 with...
  22. crustex

Sansui 9090 (DRV-BRD/F-2436) Resistor R42 smokes??

I just replaced the fuse resistors in my 9090 on that same F-2436 board after it went into protection and now it is working fine. I think there are 10 in total on that board so try and replace the rest and then reset the DC offset and see if the unit starts working. Here is a thread about it...
  23. crustex

Just refinsihed a set of rare SP-5500's and....

Nice Score! Were these the ones for sale in central PA for a while? I remember seeing them and thinking about taking a trip from Ohio as well to pick them up. That midrange horn on those looks like a beast. I wonder how they compare to SP-300's which are one of my favorite speakers from any...
  24. crustex

Hi all, I just picked up a Nakamichi LX-5 (my first Nak deck). For playback it works great but it has an issue when recording. There is a somewhat intermittent rustling noise coming from the right channel only when it is recording. Also it makes no difference whether there is a source coming in...
  25. crustex

9090 (non DB) in protection mode

Here it is. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom