Search results

1. T

Which of these turntables is best?

I'm in a dilemma, Currently have two nice turntables, a Technics SL-1300mk2 and a JVC QL-Y5F. Both are in excellent shape, the technics also having had the 3D printed cuing part fitted. Just interested which would be the better one to keep? I need to make some space and one has to go. I'm...
  2. T

Help repairing Akai AM-M939

Hi there, Recently picked up a nice matching akai system from a garage sale, the amp being the AM-M939 Unfortunately upon firing it up the right channel appeared to be barely working, crackling some music at times. I took the cover off and did some diagnostic, no outstanding dry joints, all...
  3. T

Realistic STR-720 won't engage stereo mode.

hi everyone recently got hold of this receiver, it's very peculiar as it has a string style analog tuner but with a digital display. I understand it's a receiver but the issue is to do with the tuner so I thought it should go in this section. as the title says, the stereo indicator does...
  4. T

Should I Buy Krix Esoterix 1 MkII?

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Krix Esoterix 1 MkII speakers for $450 Worth it? What are these speakers like? I currently have some low/mid range Infinity 3 way floorstanders (Delta 40) that don't have alot of bass. I will be running them through a NAD C375BEE Cheers
  5. T

Audacity Problem Ripping Vinyl

Hi everyone, I have decided to record my vinyls to digital so i can listen to them in the car. I have started with RCHP's Stadium Arcadium as the LP version is 100x better than the cd master. I am recording using audacity on my 08 Macbook Pro. It is set to record 92/24 via the line in...
  6. T

Worth upgrading Energy to JPW?

Hey everyone i noticed some speakers on gumtree recently. They are JPW ML-1010 floorstanding speakers. Rated at 150w, English made. $200AUD I was thinking, would they be better than my current set? which is a pair of Energy XL-25's. Thanks
  7. T

Help with speakers. Crackly midranges?

Hey everyone, I have some Acculab Model 550 speakers, great sound. Bass is huge. Foo Fighters seem to be made for these speakers! However when i start to turn them up, the midranges start to crackle/distort to a point where it is quite noticable. It is most noticable when there is a...
Back
Top Bottom