Search results

1. Seamaster

Coincident Frankenstein 300B SET

A new 300B SET in the house, I ordered from Coincident in Canada. The amp sounds wonderful from hour zero considering the parts they put in there (see pictures), big applause to Mr. Blume as an amp designer. Those no name MKP 0.47uf coupling caps are really an eye sour though. What do you guys...
  2. Seamaster

350B vs 6L6GC in MC30?

Generally WE350B is considered the holy grail for its type, I am very curious if moding a pair of MC30s is going to take the amps to the next level? I understand the current draw is different, much higher with 350B but I think MC30’s transformers can handle them. What do you think?
  3. Seamaster

Software versions and sound quality, interesting find

Since started to use digital files, I really enjoy the convenience of ease of control and change songs on the fly. My source is MacBook Pro using Audirvana Plus 2.68, it sounds great, way better than using iTunes. Today, out of the blue, I started to update all my software, then Audirvana Plus...
  4. Seamaster

Jeff Day / Yazaki San version MC30

These MC30s have been restored by Pat Hickman of Classic Audio, Portland, another Master McIntosh tech. They have almost exact upgraded parts as in Jeff’s bolog except a little personal help from Yazaki San himself. Many thanks to the master!
  5. Seamaster

Audio Note Kit DAC 4.1 Vs. McIntosh D150

I have been using a McIntosh D150, which I got it by an accident, paid $500 for a brand new unit, so I can't really complain about it. But, I have heard many good things about the Audio Note DAC, just curious how much better an ANK DAC 4.1 with C-core than my D150? Thanks advance for any input.
  6. Seamaster

Matched pair within 10% for 845 tubes?

Hello, I am going to order a pair of WE845 tubes. what are the bennifit to order the top 10% measurement pair for extra $100? Please explain. The amps are Melody M845 Monoblocks. Speakers are 93-96dB with 8 ohm loaf. Thanks Griffin
  7. Seamaster

Full Size Audio Rack for $219

I really love the Box Audio Rack but at $5000 USD, pass I really want the timbernation audio racks but at $3000, pass Ikea hecked "audio rack" at $219.....hum......I will give a shot.
  8. Seamaster

How many version of MC30 were there? Difference in R13

I am in the process restoring a pair of MC30 with upgraded caps and resisters that are inspired by Jeff Day's Bolog and Mr. Yazaki's real sound theory. While I am research for parts, I ran into two different version of MC30 schematics, one is calling for 1k 0.5W resister at R13 position and the...
  9. Seamaster

Classic Tube Audio - Camas, WA, Feedbacks?

I am new to deal with Pat from Classic Tube Audio - Camas, WA for a pair of restored MC30. Can anyone kindly provide some feedback to this shop? Can their restoration maintain/capture of magic of MC30? Thanks in advance. https://classictubeaudio.com/
  10. Seamaster

Pineapple Vs. Banana, MC30 again or Vintage MC75?

Having a pair of properly restored MC30 is heavenly, but the gentleman who restored them also recommend me looking into the vintage MC75s. I have owned or tested 2015 MC75 and vintage MC60, was not so impressed (please do not shoot me MC60 owners), they are pretty aggressive sounding to my...
  11. Seamaster

Vintage McIntosh Tube amp ground

I have a pair of MC30 that hum through my speakers, which is little louder than MC75 and MC60. I am looking at the schematic. Can I use a wire at the GND at output section to my preamp grounding tap? It looks like a chassis grounding point. What is the jumper for connecting between the GND and...
  12. Seamaster

McIntosh MC30 Vs. MC60

I recently bought a pair of MC30 that were restored by Vintage Vacuum Audio. Yves did really great job, and they sound fantastic. MC30 and MC60 are the only two power amps that were made by McIntosh using tube rectification, which gave them a more vivid tube tone compare to other McIntosh tube...
  13. Seamaster

Old MC75 Mono Blocks?

I just sold my 2015 MC75 and bought MC30 instead, never regret that decision. I really appreciated the old Mac sound when they pair up with modern speakers, a match in haven! Now I wonder how old MC75 sound? How do they compare to other amps like MC30, MC40, MC240, etc. in that era?
  14. Seamaster

Power conditioner get 110V or 120V version?

Hello, I need some expert help here. I am in a process getting a power conditioner for my system. The vendor has two versions for the US market, one is 110V and the other is 120V version, both are 60HZ. I understand the US standard is 120V for houses + or - 5%. The dealer suggest 110V version...
  15. Seamaster

MC 30 and 12AU7

Need some help here about MC30's phase inverter tube, those 12AU7. Well, I am not really a 12AU7 fan, I have quite a collection of tubes of other types. So, in this position, do MC30 have 6 volt or 12 volt power supply to the heater? I am hoping is 6V, therefore, I can use other types of tubes...
  16. Seamaster

How to (smoothly) cut those 9 pin tubes from their storage base?

I just bought some NOS tubes from UK, they look as original as they can be, maybe too original. So, help me, how to (smoothly) cut those 9 pin tube from storage bases? Do I need touch up solder the end once cut? Thanks.
  17. Seamaster

MC75 Reiussed, Did I Made the Right Chioce?

Hello brothers in audio, I have an opportunity to buy a pair of NOS 60th anniversary MC75 in gold or used but near mint pair of MC75 reissued (stainless color) that made in 2015 from Audio Classics. The stainless pair is about $1000 less than the gold. I was very torn between the two pair, and...
  18. Seamaster

Lost Mac Membership with MA6900, Regain Mac Membership with D150

After a brown taste from my first McIntosh experience with a MA6900 integrated amp years ago, I decided give a Mac second try, because somehow, I ended up with a D150 DAC totally by an accident. 50 hours into this thing so far as 12/10/2016, I would like to say: it was a great accident! The D150...
  19. Seamaster

Dehavilland Ultraverve 3 in da house

Hello brothers and sisters in Audio, My journey for audio nirvana has now comes to a stop. I have tried quite few gears through out the years, tube, solid state, and some McIntosh as well. I came to a conclusion from experiences and experiments that I want a tube preamp and solid-state power...
  20. Seamaster

Where is the fuse on Sony TA-2000F Pre?

Hello, Can anyone tell where is the fuse on the Sony TA-2000F preamp? Is it in that back enclosure? What type is it? Thanks.
  21. Seamaster

Sansui VS Sony TA-N77ES

Hello everyone, I think i need some help here. I just bought a Sony TA-N77ES power amp from a LA shop. The amp has been just servived and adjusted. I appreciated the sound of this paticular amp that is open, effortless, and very agile. The sound is on the warm side of neutal with VERY hard...
  22. Seamaster

The Best Sounding Hitachi Amp?

Which is the best sounding Hitachi amp with meter? I have a few models listed here: MHA-6500 MHA-7500 MHA-7500 MKII MHA-8500 MKII MHA-8300 MHA-8000 HMA-G2
  23. Seamaster

SONY TA-2000F Preamplifier and TA-3200F power amp

Just got a pair of SONY TA-2000F Preamplifier and TA-3200F power amp combo in super clean condition. I am thinking to overhaul and service them with my local tech. I am trying to upgrade the caps, transistors, wires, etc. with better ones. Any suggestions? Thanks for help
  24. Seamaster

MA6900 Speaker Terminal Caps

I need some help here. One of my plastic speaker terminal cap "stripped" of from my MA6900. These speaker terminasl are just plain sucks, they wont tight down speaker cables. The terminals are still working fine, they still have their brass tight-down under the plastic caps (red and black), just...
  25. Seamaster

MA6900 Power Guard lighs On, No Sound

Please help: I have this MA6900 for sometimes never have problem untill one day I played some Beethoven very load and forgot to remove the dust cover cloth. The Amp over heated and power guard lights came on, then amp turn off itself. After cool down I turn the amp on again, everything is OK...
Back
Top Bottom