Search results

1. brucered

Revitalizing AK

I joined in 2006 but never posted much. I still visit and browse regularly though. I'm still a vinyl lover, using the SL-1200 MK2 I purchased years ago. No Bluetooth speakers in my house XM streaming audio in the truck only, all home audio is Vinyl....for now. Now I'm looking at getting a...
  2. brucered

"HumminGuru"?

I also wouldn't mind knowing. Especially from those who have owned the Humminguru for a few years now. I'm a couple decades into LP listing now and still don't have a RCM. Somehow I've survived but I still have the desire to own one.
  3. brucered

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Ben Harper - Fight for your Mind
  4. brucered

Ben Harper - Welcome to the Cruel World
  5. brucered

The Clash Live at Shea Stadium
  6. brucered

Finished all three Hendrix Family Legacy pressings and now its Nirvava Unplugged...
  7. brucered

The Beatles Yellow Submarine from the vinyl stereo box
  8. brucered

Jack Whites Lp with hidden tracks in label

To be honest, in had preordered from Amazon and no idea it was going to be full of gimmicks. It is interesting and likely to amuse the casual fan more the the die hard vinyl listener. I'd have preferred two pressings....one Ultra and one Regular.
  9. brucered

The Beatles vinyl box set - Will you be buying it?

great...another box set I will want.
  10. brucered

Shure M44-7 styli - generics any good?

@illini I do have a Shure Test LP and should probably pull it out of the LP frame it is in and give it a spin with the M44-7. The last time I played it, everything checked out...but it's been a while since I double checked. Good advise, thanks.
  11. brucered

Thanks. Mine is probably normal then. It came with the table and I thought I damaged it one day (forget how) but it was like putting something down on it or sitting on it etc. It sure sounds nice and is very loud compared to my M97xe and Stanton D71EE. Maybe I'll just stick with it and...
  12. brucered

thanks. I'll look in to that. much appreciated.
  13. brucered

I was looking at the M44-G as well, as my M44-7 stylus seems to fit loose in the cartridge and the G seems to track lighter and may be easier on vinyl wear. It tracks fine, I have it set at 2.5g, it's loud, vibrant and seem to run fine, so maybe nothing to worry about. Anyone else notice if...
  14. brucered

Petition launched to reintroduce Technics turntables

Glad I got mine when I did. Black model (Canada?) and couldn't be happier with it. I think I paid about $300 for it, used, local, original owner, non scratcher. It had been rock solid from day 1.
  15. brucered

Jack Whites Lp with hidden tracks in label

I was able to find all the tricks and hidden items. One side glossy, one side matte. Alternate intros on side two. Inside to outside on side one. This one took me a while to figure out as I thought there was something wrong with my copy before I knew. Looping track on last track side one...
  16. brucered

The EU will be on a sticker on the cellophane on the back of the box, on the sleeves and on the labels of each vinyl.
  17. brucered

Technics SL-1200 Setup?

HA...revisiting an old thread today as I recalibrated my SL-1200MK2. It was long overdue and I hadn't done it in quite a while, but was swapping out headshells and playing around with different cartridges, so spend a bit of time on it. I remember the discussion on the VTA, supermat etc and...
  18. brucered

I'm only a few LP's into the set, but all are great so far. EU pressings, super flat, no crackling or static or surface noise. very happy with it so far.
  19. brucered

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Beach Boys Pet Sounds and the new Pearl Jam is on order.
  20. brucered

Anyone using a Zerostat these days?

i use mine the odd time when I want to go for the full vinyl experience. but most times, i just use my dust brush.
  21. brucered

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

so is mine. :thmbsp:
  22. brucered

I can confirm, the Amazon.ca (CANADA) pressings are EU. Box says "Packed in USA, records made in GEMANY". all the jackets (or the ones that have them written on) say EU it's on sale right now for $199.99 as well, with free shipping. I wasn't planning on buying it, but couldn't resist at the...
  23. brucered

Kab Super Record Grip mk2

sounds like mine broke or is defective. i thought it clamped propelry at 1st, but now it doesn't clamp at all.
  24. brucered

Kab Super Record Grip mk2

Kab rc-1200 technics 1200 record clamp anyone have the $79 one? i have one, just started using it, but it doesn't hold tight. not on my 1200, sl-23 or Dual 505. i just sent email to KAB to see what gives? i've tried with the threaded portion flush, recesses and protruding on all 3...
  25. brucered

Kenwood KD-2055

i saw one of these locally and debated in picking it up, but the tonearm was so stiff to lower and raise and worried about having a $100 repair on my hands. is the raise/lower issue an easy fix or is it possible that it is a major repair?
Back
Top Bottom