Search results

1. A

KYOWA needles for Shure

I have an issue with the increased length of the cantilever. I bought one of the vn-35E kyowas for a Dual /Shure V-15iii DU.This cartridge is solidly mounted in the removable sled.When using the gauge for positioning the stylus in sled ,the end of the stylus is too far forward in the gauge.This...
  2. A

Cleaning C2 selector switch in situ

Does this switch need to come off the board to clean it well? Can someone tell me a good procedure to do this without removing the switch?? thank you.
  3. A

Factory riser dimensions for Altec 15

Thank you for this detailed reply. cheers,Ed
  4. A

Factory riser dimensions for Altec 15

Hello, Hoping someone here could give me the dimensions of the factory installed riser for Altec model 15. Just picked a pair up that doesn't have them.I'l try to make pair. Thanks in advance.
  5. A

Clone Altec model 19s

UPDATE: Wow,it took some time,but I finally have my Altec 19 clones.My dream of decades has become reality.Say what you naysayers want about the 19s,but I am so happy with these.They sound as beautiful as they look.All new drivers and crossovers,they are essentially brand new speakers(except...
  6. A

Glass on top of Speakers

I found nothing with several searches about the pros or cons of putting a piece of 1/4" thick glass on top of my Altec 19 clones.It sure would look sweet with bronze tint glass. Anybody have some input on doing this?
  7. A

Clone Altec model 19s

My friend has had a ragged pair of Altec A7s(VOTT) for years and years.I have always been in awe of these things.They certainly are not the prettiest girl at the dance. When cranked up (or out doors) there just are not any speakers that sound so real to my ears.Strings,voice ,horns sound as if...
  8. A

I "Hate" my new Klipsch Heresy speakers

I've hated" mine since 1977. There have been a few that caught my ears (jbl,paradigm) through the years,but i have resisted 'till just this week. I may have "New" Altec model 19 clones soon,but I doubt I will ever get rid of my trusty old Heresies.
  9. A

Kudos to roger2 for saving my Kenwood KA8100's life !!!

Quite some time ago I inquired here about having this machine rebuilt after 40 years of ownership.This old girl languished in unheated storage for about 15 years.I dragged it out of it's 1st retirement in 2000 only to find it barely made sound.I cleaned the switches kinda half arsed and got it...
  10. A

KA-8100 Restoration & repair of several build defects

And thanks again Roger for tackling this problem child.It looks and sounds as new. Cheers!
  11. A

Basic C-1 ???s

Hello, I recently came across a Basic C-1 preamp.Works well but the feet were removed and lost by previous owner.I know I can cob up some kind of solution to replace,but would rather find original feet if possible.The mounting feet fit into a 10mm hole on bottom.Does anyone have a picture of a...
  12. A

VOLUME PROBS WITH KA 701

UPS-Unrelenting Package Smashers...
  13. A

Kenwood DP-M97 Disc player question.

Deleted,thank you
  14. A

Help with Shure V15 Type II?

Just don't buy those "budget" ones on Ebay.I bought one a year ago and have used it very sparingly(thank goodness) as it has always sounded harsh.Well ,I took cartridge off to clean stylus and the shank wasn't centered in the holder.It has been sounding really terrible lately.It will now be...
  15. A

Rebuild info KA8100

Hello all,I have had this Amp since new.I would like to have it rebuilt,preamp switches have been problematic for a long ,long time.Instead of getting a new amp I was wondering who is really qualified to repair these correctly and also ,how much money am I looking at?Just an idea. Also,what...
  16. A

Hello,can I give you a few Dual part numbers and see if you can supply me with them?thanks,Ed

Hello,can I give you a few Dual part numbers and see if you can supply me with them?thanks,Ed
Back
Top Bottom