Search results

1. tlcasper

QLS1's with lower powered tube amps

Like the title says, has anyone here powered their QLS1 speakers with a lower power tube amp? Something in the 50W range, vintage or newer. Just curious what your results were. Right now I'm running mine with 200W of Mcintosh SS power.
  2. tlcasper

QLS 1 Amp Discussion

Hello all, I'm one of a number of QLS 1 speaker owners here, and a very happy one. I picked mine up last summer, they needed very little work and have easily become my favourite speaker. I have been powering them with a single, restored, McIntosh 2205. The amp handles the speakers fine, and...
  3. tlcasper

Infinity Brochure/Booklet

I was given this booklet, and wondered if there is any interest in me scanning it for people here? It has about 16 pages, about the Quantum Series, and some Monitors and Column.
  4. tlcasper

Watkins Woofer Issue - VC

A while back I purchased some spare and replacement drivers for my QLS 1 speakers. A very reasonable deal was reached, and we were both happy. The seller then mentioned he had a spare, but single Watkins woofer that he wouldn't need anymore. He offered it for a great price and I bought it too...
  5. tlcasper

A Holy Grail Has Entered The House - QLS 1

A holy grail for me at least. :banana: I have added a set of QLS 1's to my very modest Infinity collection. The other being Monitor IIA and Column II, both in near mint condition. I have fallen in love these old Infinity speakers. A few weeks ago I asked for advice on purchasing a set of Kappa...
  6. tlcasper

Interested In Kappa 8 - What To Look For?

I am interested in getting a set of Kappa 8's. I have read tons of info here on them. They would be added to my small Infinity collection. Monitor IIA and Column II. I love these speakers, they have taken over for me in listening, and I have room for one more set of speakers. The Kappa's look...
  7. tlcasper

Road Trip to New York - McIntosh & Audio Classics

As the title says, I'm planning a summer road trip to NY. I'm in Canada, north of Toronto, and the GPS indicates 5.5 hours. So it would be an overnighter. The better half would be coming, and I'm sure she will want to stop at outlet malls. :dunno: My main focus would be to spend some undervalued...
  8. tlcasper

Cleaning The Tuning Dial On An Old McIntosh Tuner - MR67

I have an MR67 tube tuner, and am really loving it. Thought it was time to clean it up a little as the tuning dial looks filthy. I have seen where some have had troubles and washed/wiped of the silk screening. Anyone have any suggestions as a safe method to clean this dial. Thanks, Dave
  9. tlcasper

Column II - To Go With My Monitor II A's - Happy Camper

A while ago I pick up a pair of Infinity Monitor II A's, and with some help from AK members, notably loquatious, the restoration went great and they are now by far, my favourite speaker...
  10. tlcasper

New Addition

A nice addition, not fancy "new" gear, but I find it totally cool. [/url][/IMG] Ohhhh, the suspense. GX5 by tlcasper, on Flickr[/IMG] [/url]GX5 by tlcasper, on Flickr[/IMG] The small and large Sansui accessory cases. With the proper screws and cage nuts, very nice...
  11. tlcasper

A McIntosh Restoration In Canada

Hello all, I posted a while back that I had joined the club, and put a huge check mark on my bucket list. At 53 I had finally got some McIntosh gear. As a youth I cut grass for a neighbour who had a wonderful set up that featured McIntosh, and I was mesmerized upon hearing it, and just seeing...
  12. tlcasper

McIntosh Music - Streaming service

Has anyone else played with the streaming service - McIntosh Music? http://www.customchannels.net/streaming/mcintosh/ Also available as an IOS or Android app. I play around with a few streaming services, as I'm on the road a lot. This one is a little different, as it is just one stream...
  13. tlcasper

I've Joined The Club! MC 2205 & C 28

Been messing with this hobby for some time now, and have acquired some nice stuff. Most notably a Sansui AU/TU717 restored and recapped by bktheking. All in the original Sansui rack, very cool. Now I have picked up some very cool vintage McIntosh gear, it was always on my list, but seemed a...
  14. tlcasper

I Finally Got Myself Some Special Infinity Speakers

I Finally Got Myself Some Special Infinity Speakers - Monitor IIA :smoke: Monitor IIA's to be exact. The woofers have been refoamed, but thats about it. The rest is all original, and I got both tops with them. The serial numbers are consecutive too. They need a clean up and polish, the...
  15. tlcasper

Rega Planar 3 tonearm rest replacemant

The title says it all, I need a replacement tonearm rest for my Rega Planar 3. I have been searching the net with no luck, other than an eBay seller with lots of 10 at a time. It is the RB300 arm, the rest on the new RB202 looks the same. No response from Rega yet. Anyone know of where I...
  16. tlcasper

Need HELP Identifying A Beast Of A Preamp!

And beast it is, that face plate is a quarter inch solid chrome plate alone. :smoke: It has Jungson logos all over it, but looks like a Grant Fidelity Rita, minus the meters. The top plate says VACUUM TUBE TYPE STEREO INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER, but the rear plate only has preamp hookups...
  17. tlcasper

Got a Dynaco ST-400 very cool and modded

Pick up this Dynaco ST-400 from the original owner, he built it in 1974, then in 1994 he had it recapped and upgraded by the guys at Sonic Frontiers. He still had the receipts and final bench test remarks. They rated it at a clean 253.125 watts per side @8 ohms. He had it a long time, and put a...
  18. tlcasper

Thiel In The House

:music: :banana: New to me Thiel CS 1.2, picked up today. In great condition, I'm really liking how much music pours from these speakers. A real upgrade from my previous speakers. Any others have these? :thmbsp:
  19. tlcasper

Could these really be AR9's ??

[/IMG] Ad says unopened box, no other pictures. I just can't believe they are originals. Not much help from seller. Any help would be appreciated Thanks, Dave.
  20. tlcasper

New Sansui - Very C00L - Pictures

The house is rocking today. I am a huge fan of the Sansui sound..... And a long drive yesterday got me, my "new" Sansui. :music: :banana: [/IMG] I have always wanted an AU717, just never found the right one. And to get the matching tuner at the same time..... :banana: And all...
  21. tlcasper

Polk RTA 11t or Klipsch Tangent T40

I have shot at either of these for about the same price. Both respected names, and a good deal. Anyone want to point me too the better option? Thanks Dave
  22. tlcasper

Left side is like angels, right side..... :( G-7700

Hello all. I picked up a G-7700 that's been in storage for some time. Ascetically it's almost mint, just beautiful wood and metal. The one small issue with the exterior is that one of the push buttons has some of the chrome finish worn off. Does anyone know of way to repair this? I'm...
  23. tlcasper

Akai AA-1200 a few seconds of crackling on power up

I'm kind of new here, but have been reading a lot. I picked up an Akai AA-1200, I'm really liking this old power house. I have a couple of question about what I hope are small issues. One is, that when I turn on the power switch, there is the normal pause, then the "click" of power going out...
  24. tlcasper

Advent Re-foam 1st timer forgot to..

... make sure the tweeters worked. :tears: New Large Advent Loudspeaker New to post here, but have been reading for a bit. Many thanks for all the info. Got the Advents as a throw in with a receiver, they needed re-foamed, so after reading many many posts on the topic, I ordered the...
Back
Top Bottom