Search results

1. Judas Priest

It's Time for me to move on

First off, this NOT an "I´m leaving, please beg me to stay..." thread. I am not even expecting any responses. Think of it as an announcement. I just don´t want to disappear without explaining why. I have been posting and reading less and less lately here at AK. Like onwardjames said in his...
  2. Judas Priest

Damn! This Guy got Lucky!

Some guy on my C Class forum found a 1995 C280 with only 12,000 kilometers on it. The car was bought by an 88 year old, ex Mercedes mechanic, who bought the car when he retired in 1995. The car has never seen rain, and is basically a new car from every angle. What a find! He hasn´t said how...
  3. Judas Priest

Frank Sinatra?

I decided to give him a try today, because I vaguely remember thinking he had a good voice from watching old movies in my childhood. I found a "best of" on youtube, and, stopped after about 4 songs. IMHO he doesn´t have a good voice, there is absolutely no emotion in it, and all 4 songs sounded...
  4. Judas Priest

Tin Foil Hat People

Do you know any? An ex friend of mine has become one. He used to be relatively normal. I think it all started when he learned to use a laptop and spent a lot of time on Youtube. He is now a "Reichsburger" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsb%C3%BCrger_movement ) ; he doesn´t believe man...
  5. Judas Priest

Bluetooth Earbud Recommendation

Can anyone recommend some BT earbuds that sound good (neutral) and are not too terribly expensive? A quick seach led me to the Sony WFXB700, but then I saw they were advertised as having "EXTRA BASS Sound!" I´d like to keep it under €100, less would be nice :)
  6. Judas Priest

VW Golf II Race Car Build

I am not really interested in such things, but I ran across this video earlier. A VW Golf II with 440 HP :)
  7. Judas Priest

Corn on the Cob

Corn on the cob, aka Zuckermais/Maiskolben here in Germany is somewhat a rarity. I was born and raised in corn country; Illinois, and I love COTC. I bought some today and it was fantastic! Man, I could eat 10 ears of this stuff!
  8. Judas Priest

Bass Playing on a Different Level

This guy is absolutely amazing! I have only watched a fraction of his videos, but they are amazing, and sometimes very, very funny :)
  9. Judas Priest

Tired of Intermittent Connections

I usually have bad luck with headphone jacks on PCs, DACs and such; so I hardwired a high quality Neutrik Jack and plug to my DAC and extension that goes to my headphones/ headphone amp. Cost be damned!
  10. Judas Priest

Attempted Prius Catalytic converter theft Video :)

This really made me smile :
  11. Judas Priest

Saw an Escalade for the First time

American cars are not that common over her, and I saw an Escalade for the first time today. The first thing that came to mind was the station wagon from Clark Griswald in Vacation. Can you see the resemblance?
  12. Judas Priest

Tesla Model S After 400,000 km

I can´t say I´m a big Tesla fan; I think they are over priced, and the build qualitiy isn´t up to European standards. But going 400,000 km with so few failures is pretty impressive. https://thedriven.io/2021/07/03/impossible-tesla-model-s-does-400000km-on-one-set-of-brake-pads/
  13. Judas Priest

Interesting Reaction Video for Rob Halford Fans

I´m not normally into reaction videos, but I really like the insight that this women has. She is a professional opera singer and vocal coach. I love watching her face. She has an incredible feeling for the music, and what is going on. I also love it when someone realizes how talented Rob...
  14. Judas Priest

2022 Mercedes C Class

What are your thoughts? I think the Mercedes emblem that is projected onto the ground is a bit too much, and the LED lighting effects on the inside are terrible; and I hate the huge touch screens. He shows the interior starting at 1:45 .
  15. Judas Priest

Pickups in the US

Why does it seem that Pickup trucks are only so widely driven in the US? The rest of the world gets the job done without them, even without a 400 hp V8. Just imagine :) Over here, in my area, where about 200,000 people live, I think there might be 2 or 3 large American pickups. Construction...
  16. Judas Priest

Audi Goes Full Electric in 2026, Others follow that path

Audi will stop selling vehicles with internal combustion engines in five years. The article is in German, but here´s the source: https://www.t-online.de/auto/elektromobilitaet/id_90245686/in-fuenf-jahren-audi-macht-schluss-mit-neuen-verbrennern.html
  17. Judas Priest

British Comedy Recommendations

My wife and I love Fawlty Towers. What other British comedy series, maybe also from around the time Fawlty Towers was made, would you recommend?
  18. Judas Priest

PC Audio Problem

I just bought a used Ultra Small Form Factor PC, a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Q910. I´m running Linux Mint on it and I have a problem. If I plug headphones into the headphone jack, I have sound. If I go from the headphone jack to my O2 headphone amp , I have sound. If I plug the headphone output...
  19. Judas Priest

Mercedes Key/Remote repair

The Mercedes forums are fantasic over here! My replacement key wasn´t working for my ´95 C200. It opens the doors and deactivates the vehicle immobilizer. That meant, that if my primary key broke, I would have been shit out of luck. A new key costs between €160-€240. Luckily, it is a known...
  20. Judas Priest

RIP Jason Dupasquier (Moto 3 Rider)

Jason was seriously injured in a qualifying crash, yesterday, and died today from his injuries. He was only 19 :( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Dupasquier
  21. Judas Priest

Gerry Rafferty Recommendations

I really like his "City to City" album, with the famous "Baker Street" track. What other albums from him would you recommed?
  22. Judas Priest

Music in the Car?

My "new" car is my very first one that has a radio in it. I knew before hand that I wouldn´t listen to the radio (I HATE radio!!!!), but was curious what it would be like listening to music from a usb stick while driving. Well, I don´t like it! I find it terribly distracting; and usually, when...
  23. Judas Priest

Help Understanding Charles Dickens/Old English

Can someone explain to me what is meant by this passage from David Copperfield? It´s a letter from Mr. Micawber to David Copperfield I think I get the general meaning; that Traddles has somehow been dragged down into Mr. Micawber´s debts, but more details would be nice :) No spoilers please :)
  24. Judas Priest

Russians Retrieving WW2 Weapons From Swamp

Man, I don´t know why Youtube recommends random stuff like this, but it is VERY interesting!
  25. Judas Priest

A Little Trip on the Autobahn

I usually don´t really drive any longer distances; I have no reason to. But today, I drove 400 km roundtrip to pick up a kitten. It was one of the most relaxing trips I have ever undertaken here in Germany. The Autobahn was nice and smooth, the traffic was light, so that I could cruise along at...
Back
Top Bottom