Search results

1. N

800c ibam

Dave that helps a bit! So the replacement cans I bought should replace all the originals just fine with no cut in singles. I was a little lost trying to figure out what mod I might have missed! I should have read a little more earlier and I might have caught that it was part of the multi...
  2. N

800c ibam

dave, Could you please give a brief description of the "screen bypass capacitor" I don't remember seeing any references to this in my reading. Just a simple explanation and where it is hooked into along with is it replacing a piece or is it an addition to the circuits? Thanks Joe
  3. N

Fisher 800-C loud cracking in speakers randomly now dead

ok so I got a few of the mods done, 100 ohm grid resistors, 10 ohm cathode protection resistors, swapped out the coupling caps to .075uf 600 volt and resistors and upgraded to a 10 watt resistor from the 7 watt. I still have my new electrolytic can caps on order. Next is to install my IBAM and...
  4. N

I got my rough draft IBAM built the other night, I am playing around with that freeware from eagle trying to figure out how to use it. I input the schematic and swap to board view this is when it gets to be interesting trying to untangle the components and route all the traces. That is where I...
  5. N

Got a few parts in the mail today to get started on my upgrades. Bought higher quality resistors so I could have better resolution when setting everything up. And my new output tubes also showed up so I am anxious to get the mods done now! I also got a kit ordered today to replace all the can...
  6. N

Fisher 800-c pairing with what speakers?

was hoping to get some feedback on how to pair up some speakers with my 800-c once I have it done. Like what specs should a guy be shooting for, maybe I should be asking what specs should a guy match up to if you were to order up replacement speakers to put into or build a cabinet? Such as what...
  7. N

Most Common Parts Needed For Fishers!

I will order up a few and give it a try, guessing one might not hurt on some of my other old tube radios to help preserve the switch contacts. Thanks for the explanation Bruce. O
  8. N

Most Common Parts Needed For Fishers!

So could you please explain a little further how you wire up the CL? Do you wire up two separate Current limiters in series with each leg of the primaries of your power transformer? So these act as high resistance devices at first and then slowly go to a low resistance to act as a soft start?
  9. N

Snow, I am about the same distance outside of North Pole out on eielson farm road, are you close by there? Thanks for the offer of the 7591's but I am going to order up a quad of them and should have them before all the mods are done since I will probably order up everything at once. I was...
  10. N

So Bruce could we maybe split the difference and run them a bit hot but not as hot as stock considering the weakness of the newer tubes?
  11. N

To many numbers in my head! I did see I made a mistake on the voltage rating on the coupling cap thanks for catching that! I did find some .075úf 600 volt poly caps online, do you guys think they would be alright? http://www.electronicplus.com/images/products/075-600M.jpg I did read in some of...
  12. N

Not digital I found some comments you made on IBAM http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/800c-ibam.608223/#post-9177177 I like this way of adding the cathode resistors and think I will go ahead and order up all the parts I need to do all the mods prior to powering the amp back up. I...
  13. N

So I stopped by our only place for any electronics parts (radio shack) and they did not have many of the parts I need to make the changes but I did find some 2.5 amp slow blow fuses. Got home and replaced the fuse and powered up the amp. The oldest output tube is glowing brightly after a few...
  14. N

Larry, Thanks for the details that helps very much. I have read it a few times and am working on fully digesting all the details. I happen to be in town and will pick up a few of the parts to start the repairs/mods. More questions to follow, I will work on the lighting and clarity of my pictures.
  15. N

Larry, Thanks for the detailed feedback! I was searching the schematics over for that darn resistor, thanks for putting a number on it! Do you guys mind all the pictures I post? I will change out those cathode resistors back to the smaller rated ones, I guess that would help protect my output...
  16. N

Ok what causes the excess metal plating on the inside of the tubes? Was thinking to high of voltage on the plate? Again I am just learning so please humor my questions. You can see the white band on the resistor like you guys mentioned. I am sure that is what got hot from the looks. Y...
  17. N

Ok the resistors are dale RS-5 C19201 I believe these are rated at five watts, the supplied resistors were very low wattage and a friend helped me pick out some more stout resistors. This was my first electronics overhaul that I did, I was just amazed it worked when I was done! Got about a...
  18. N

The green resistor got hot and it looks like under it got hot. I made sure nothing was touching. Shorted output tube maybe? I was incorrect I thought I changed the cans, they are still the original ones. Cleaned up nicely.
  19. N

Ok so I think maybe an output tube might have shorted. The fuse was blown and there is a hot spot below one of the output tubes. All the 10 ohm resistors looked good but the larger green resistor has gotten hot. I am trying to find it on the schematics right now. I will attempt to upload a few...
  20. N

Thanks for the prompt replies. My shop does not have any sawdust but a little regular dust. I keep it fairly clean so that will be first order the fuse, blow it all down then tweak and clean all tube sockets. I have replaced all the caps in the amp with the rebuild kit. I will do a little...
  21. N

greetings! I will start by saying I acquired a 800-C and ordered up one of metal bones kits and rebuilt the unit to the best of my ability, I also had to replace a few broken tubes. When I was done the unit powered up good and sounded great for many months, I used to to listen to music radio...
  22. N

800c ibam

i assumed that they were all soldered in by design, i am pretty sure my amp had never been gotten into and it was soldered in.
  23. N

Fisher receiver festoon bulbs -- LED options?

I bought some LED replacements for all my 800C lamps a few years ago on ebay, the guy had a listing for antique radios and would build them any color you wanted, i believe i bought a soft white and was very happy with them.
Back
Top Bottom