Search results

1. K-Shaps

Need Grounding Help

Hi AK buds, I have some annoying buzzing that’s noticeable with headphone listening on my Pioneer SX-750 when my turntable is selected with the phono setting. My TT is a Denon DP-300F. This TT does not have any metal on the exterior nor does it have a ground connection on the back or bottom...
  2. K-Shaps

Need help with a grounding issue

Been awhile since I’ve posted here but I’m trying to solve for a grounding issue in my setup. I have electrical hum/feedback at higher volumes whether I’m using my turntable or an aux cable to an iphone/CD/etc. My turntable (Denon DP-300F) does not have an external ground post and the grounds...
  3. K-Shaps

Please help! My setup started buzzing...not sure what is causing it

Hi There, My system started buzzing today and I'm not sure what is causing it. I had just played a record with no issue maybe an hour prior. I had turned everything off, then when I went to play another record I turned my receiver back on and right after it "clicked" I hear the buzzing. I'm...
  4. K-Shaps

Pioneer SX-750 Restoration/Recap in Los Angeles?

My Pioneer SX-750 needs a recap and a few other fixes. Anyone have recommendations for tech's in LA area?
  5. K-Shaps

Pioneer SX-750 lamps won't turn off when unit is powered off

Hi All, A nice new years surprise for me...My SX-750s lamps won't shutoff when I turn off the unit anymore. The only way I get them to turn off is unplugging the unit from my powerstrip. Has anyone encountered this before? Not really sure where to start troubleshooting. Thanks!
  6. K-Shaps

Schiit Mani (Mids?)

Hi All, I recently upgraded my setup (new preamp and cart) and wanted to ask what the best gain settings are that I should have this set with. Getting the cart today so maybe I'm jumping the gun here...but with just the Mani added in something is definitely weird... My Setup Denon DP-300F...
  7. K-Shaps

Schiit Mani + Nagaoka MP-110 - Best Settings?

Hi All, I recently upgraded my setup (new preamp and cart) and wanted to ask what the best settings are that I should have this set with. Getting the cart today so maybe I'm jumping the gun here...but with just the Mani added in something is definitely weird... My Setup Denon DP-300F Nagaoka...
  8. K-Shaps

Thinking about upgrading my receiver and 5.1 setup

My current home theater setup has always been just okay. Good enough for me since I live in an apartment and can't afford anything crazy. Thinking of upgrading both my receiver and 5.1 speakers for a total of $600. I'm kind of a Pioneer fanboy and would love to stick to them for my receiver. It...
  9. K-Shaps

A/V Setup Help (4K, HDR, Older Receiver)

Hey All, I will be adding a few components to my home theater and need some help getting everything to pass through as intended. Gear Samsung KU6300 Pioneer that supports 5.1 (Don't remember the model number - 2011ish, No HDR or 4K passback) PS4 Pro Nintendo Switch (In March) Raspberry Pi 3...
  10. K-Shaps

Denon DP-300F - Arm Jump

Hi all, my Denon DP-300F's tonearm recently has been jumping when returning after a side has finished playing. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I go about fixing it? Thanks in advance!
  11. K-Shaps

Life of Ortofon 2M Red?

Hi All, I bought my Ortofon 2M Red about a year ago (give or take two weeks) and played at the minimum 2 LPs a day. Should I replace it just to be safe? I cleaned my records with an antistatic brush before each side and would clean my stylus daily. However, I started using a liquid...
  12. K-Shaps

Pioneer SX-750 Repair/Restoraition in LA?

Hi all, I have a Pioneer SX-750 that I picked up off Craigslist 2 years ago. The unit works fine and sounds great, but was in storage for a long time. I cleaned it up and it's in decent condition, but the caps could use replacing and the board a deep cleaning. Can anyone point me to someone in...
  13. K-Shaps

Your favorite sounding LP

Hi all I am trying to find some LPs with amazing production. Any and all music is welcome. My pick Radiohead - In Rainbows Out of my collection this record is most likely the best sounding. Lows are accurate, high's are not clipped and the mids sound fantastic. The acoustic guitar on this...
  14. K-Shaps

Vinyl Upkeep

As I was cleaning my setup yesterday I started thinking about alternative solutions (not home made) and was wondering what everyone else uses for the following. Do you like what you use? My cleaning supplies are as follows: lukewarm distilled water to wipe down the rubber platter every month...
  15. K-Shaps

Denon DP-300F Tone Arm Wobble

Hi all, I have had my table for just about a year now and I have noticed there is some slight tone arm wobble. It hasn't affected audio quality, but I am worried about it damaging my records. This past weekend I double checked the weight and anti skip as well as the table being balanced...
  16. K-Shaps

My New Setup!

I recently upgraded all my components and love how everything sounds and looks. Denon DP-300F Shure M97xE Pioneer SX-750 Mission MS-50 Just in time for Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind :music::guitar:
Back
Top Bottom