Search results

1. 1

Sansui AU-D11 II trimmer replacement WITH PICS

This is excellent information! The D11 II seems to be quite a sophisticated amplifier. I think all the work that is outlined here is a necessity to have this model perform reliably at it full potential. Just trying to do the basic bias adjustments and whatnot as mentioned in the Sansui svce...
  2. 1

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

found this while browsing online: http://bb3blog.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/great-sansui-ampshmmm-first-just-a/
  3. 1

CA-F1 vs AU-919 (or 717) preamp

Nice photos!, appreciate all the good info. Yeah..., although its nice to have all these great Sansui amps, it can a curse as well as a blessing, to have them restored due to their age & various issues and the $$ needed to do that (especially when you're already struggling financially), I...
  4. 1

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am interested in the AU-919 transistors, the 1012's and others if...

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am interested in the AU-919 transistors, the 1012's and others if they are also available at a reasonable price? please let me know the information, thanks.
  5. 1

Actually, I already have two AU-919's, and a BA-F1 & CA-F1. The reason I brought up my questions: Although I enjoy the 919's very much and they are truly great amps, I haven't had the mod/restoration work done on them. I wish I could, but from what Ive heard, the $ cost to have it done is...
  6. 1

Just curious if anyone could provide details on how the CA-F1 by itself compares to the preamp section of an AU-919 (or 717)? In other words, if an AU-919 (717) was used as a preamp only and connected to a BA-F1, would it basically still sound the same as a CA-F1 connected to a BA-F1? I imagine...
  7. 1

I'm picking up a G7500 with a big problem as a project.

Just curious about kevzeps's comments: do any design flaws exist in the G-7500, (compared to other G series models), that cause it to be more vulnerable to problems?
  8. 1

Help with Sansui AU-919

The Sansui AX-7 is the ideal device when you need extra inputs for other stereo components, or guitars, and it matches perfectly with the AU-919. (would look fabulous rack mounted in a GX-5)...
  9. 1

Service Bulletins for AU-D11 (not Mk II)

ps: I do have a Technics SL-D2 and an Accutrac 4000, both of which have been in storage a long time, so they both will likely need some work. I imagine the Technics would be easier to get working again, as the 4000 is more involved with its 'hi-tech' functions for its time.
  10. 1

In terms of build quality, I dont think the AU-D11 is bad, but I do prefer all the switches & controls on the front panel of the 717 & 919, which are all better. The rack handles and separable pre-power sections are also a plus. I'd like to hear a totally upgraded/restored AU-D11 to see what it...
  11. 1

Sansui B-77?!?!!?

AU-D7 and D5 were like the baby brothers of the AU-D11/D9. But, the D7 & D5 can be equipped with rack handles which make them look a bit more elegant (as it does on the higher end, previous generation AU-919/717, BA-F1...) I guess the D11 & D9 with faux wood cabinet didnt lend itself to the...
  12. 1

I have also been interested in the details regarding the 'super feed forward' design, its quite interesting. The AU-D11 was very highly regarded in magazine reviews when it came out ('Stereo Review' 6/81, 'Audio' 2/82, etc..) The (plastic) construction quality was a bit of a step down, compared...
  13. 1

Sansui B-77?!?!!?

Keep in mind, these "inferior" models didnt have the same $ pricetag as the 'higher-end' models. Actually, some of them arent too shabby. An AU-D7or D5, or A-80/60 etc for under $100 isnt too bad of a buy. Ditto many of the 'A' model integrated amps. Same can be said of TA-500/300. Sansui's...
  14. 1

Great information. Overall though, It seems the D11 is still a more reliable amp than the D11 II- which is more like an AU-G model. D11 II seems to offer some incredible specs, but the finicky protection circuitry and so forth make the model a bit of a disappointment (ditto the AU-X1 and its...
  15. 1

Au-d77x

Caution: Regarding the AU-G77X II on Ebay, the seller had actually copied the description of another seller's G77 that was recently sold (and shown in the 'completed auctions' listing). The previous seller was notified and stated he would contact Ebay to complain. I notice now that the...
  16. 1

ps: another thing to keep in mind, the 2301 and 5000 dont operate independently, they both need a preamp, so the choice of preamp will factor-in to the sound comparison (and beyond that- what is plugged into the preamp, as I imagine we all have different cd players, turntables), all in different...
  17. 1

I dont think Sansui was focused on slew rate paramaters and what-not back in 1975 when the BA-5000 was introduced. The specs seemed to be more of a bragging factor in the 1980's as shown in the company's brochures and magazine ads. I'm sure thats the case for the AU-G models, for example, but...
  18. 1

In my own experience, I have never found the BA-5000 to be muddy-sounding in any way whatsoever (and I have very revealing speakers with a great soundstage presentation that can exhibit any amp's shortcomings). Out of curiosity, I could try and connect to the 2 ohm terminals as you suggested...
  19. 1

Thats an interesting list. The B/C-2302 are very nice models indeed, but they should be, considering the very high price they sold for when new. Most of the models on the list are good choices, though they are more 'modern day' amps, compared to vintage Sansui units of the 1970's, or even 60's...
  20. 1

Vintage newbie Sansui 881?

mid range Sansui G series receiver and Infinity Qb speakers. :thmbsp:
  21. 1

Sansui TU-S9 Find

The actual matching tuner to the D11 II was the TU-S77X, which came with an option of faux-wood side panels (like the D11 II has): http://www.vintage-audio.com.ua/en/cat/361/2546.html And yes, the TU-S9 does seem to have an issue with the power pushbutton switch which tends to get stuck...
  22. 1

Sansui AU-D7 bias adj question

I was thinking in terms of the usual 4 band resistor, but since it appears to be 3 band, then Yes, gold would indicate a divison by 10: http://www.bpesolutions.com/atechnical/resistorcharts.pdf
  23. 1

My first receiver restoration attempt: G-6700.

Hi, Can you recheck the link you mentioned that has the pics? seems like it doesnt work....
  24. 1

Sansui AU-D7 bias adj question

4.7 ohms would be yellow/violet (purple)/black. Gold (and silver) indicate the % tolerance range of the resistor. I believe the AU-D7 utilizes the same "Linear-A" design as featured in the AU-D5. The goal is to combine the best features of Class A and Class B amplifier operation, without...
Back
Top Bottom