Search results

1. yeehayashi

Harman Kardon 630 as a power amp

folks I have a twin powered 630 in storage that I want use as an auxiliary power amp. I am not sure about how to hook it up to run it that way. Just trying to find out if anyone here has done this.
  2. yeehayashi

Favorite live recordings

I've been spending time the past week listening to live recordings in my collection and it has been a bit of binge impulse. I'd forgotten about some of these favorites and thought I would start a thread to see what others out here enjoy. For starters I have been listening to the following live...
  3. yeehayashi

Pro-ject Speedbox S and Debut Carbon DC

I am considering the Speedbox S for my Debut Carbon but am not sure if this is viable for my deck. The power supply is 15 volts on my debut carbon and Pro-ject notes that this is compatible with U.S. debut carbons with a 16 volt power supply. Did they sell both 15 and 16 volt versions of this...
  4. yeehayashi

Finally enjoying my Yamaha CR620 again

I got around to having my audio repair guy to service my old CR620 which was in dry dock for a number of years and have it set up now in my man cave listening room and realized just how much I missed it. I paired it with a set of Cambridge SW Model 6s with a sub-woofer and it really makes...
  5. yeehayashi

What did you score on Record Store Day?

I am getting The Wall, Beethoven Symphony #9 George Solti & Chicago Symphony, Sinatra/Jobim, Taking It to the Street.
  6. yeehayashi

Upgraded Uturn Orbit with Nagaoka MP-200

The Orbit is my TT in my spare room office and I recently upgraded it from the stock AT 3500 series cartridge to the MP-200. The MP-200 has now gotten about 20 hours of burn-in time and I have to say I am really enjoying the warmth, detail and superb tracking of this cartridge. I pulled out my...
  7. yeehayashi

Nagaoka stylus upgrade

I have been running the Nagaoka MP-110 on my U-turn turntable in my secondary system and decided I wanted to order the MP-200 stylus so that I could swap styluses and received it yesterday. I did this as I have been acquiring a fair amount of new vinyl that I thought could benefit from this...
  8. yeehayashi

Suggested tube upgrades

Hi, i am looking into swapping out the stock Electro Harmonix tubes in my Fountek Altitude 3500 amp but seeking feedback on what tubes would provide better sound in this amp. The stock tubes are Electro harmonix el34 a match quad and 2 12au7 2-12at7. Appreciate any suggestions from the AK...
  9. yeehayashi

Nak BX-100 play button not working

Looking for feedback from guys who have had the BX-100. The play button will not start when pressed and on power up the pause led is lit. Pressing fast forward and rewind buttons work fine but is there possibly an electronic switch or sensor issue that has caused the play button to become...
  10. yeehayashi

R.I.P. Rudy Van Gelder

Just saw the news from Jazz Times that legendary Blue Note Records engineer and producer Rudy Van Gelder has passed. He was a giant in the jazz records business and he has left us a rich legacy of outstanding jazz recordings. Many thanks to Mr. Van Gelder for giving me a ton of listening pleasure.
  11. yeehayashi

Audiotechnica At95 SA

Just received the AT95 SA today and mounted on my turntable and I am impressed with this excellent cartridge. The Shiba take stylus really presents a startling amount of clarity and a much better soundstage than the stock Sumiko Pearl and my Ortofon 2m Blue. Just only got to sample this on...
  12. yeehayashi

Jico SAS stylus - sumiko pearl upgrade results

I was fortunate to have ordered this stylus to upgrade my sumiko pearl and have spent time the past week to critically listen to all genres of music and I am astonished at the difference in its ability to track and improve the sound stage it presents over the stock stylus. Best thing I could...
  13. yeehayashi

Stylus replacement on Sumiko Pearl

It's time to replace the stylus on my Pearl. It appears that the Shelter 201 stylus may be compatible and an upgrade from the original Pearl stylus. Has anyone tried this as an upgrade and if so, I'm looking for feedback before ordering it as a replacement.
  14. yeehayashi

Ortofon 2m Blue anomaly on Pro-Ject Debut Carbon table - looking for info o

Folks, I have a weird situation going on with this turntable. It came stock with the 2m Red which poses no problems, but I recently got a 2m Blue stylus to upgrade the table. The Blue creates a noticeable sort of low level rumble noise that isn't present with the Red stylus. I wouldn't think...
  15. yeehayashi

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC advice

Hi fellow AK folks, I have a problem that is perplexing me with my new Pro-Ject turntable. I purchased an Ortofon 2m Blue stylus to upgrade from the stock Red and find that the Blue is creating low level noise and rumble. With the Red stylus I don't hear any of this unwanted rumble. Is this...
  16. yeehayashi

Nakamichi BX300 question

I'm having a problem with my BX300 that I'm hoping someone in the forum could help me determine what needs to be repaired. Mechanically the transport motors appear to be working, however, when I playback a tape or try recording a new tape, the transport motor just stops for no reason. the take...
  17. yeehayashi

Qinpu A3 question

I'm looking at picking this hybrid tube amp for desktop and headphone use but I wanted to know if it can drive a pair of 4 ohm original smaller advent speakers. Is it safe to use this amp to drive these speakers without possible damage? Thanks.
  18. yeehayashi

Tandberg TCD440 question

Recently, when I have used this Tandberg deck I am smelling an electrical burning odor. Is this a possible power supply or other component that is starting to flake out? The deck plays & records just fine, but I'm not sure what is really the root cause. Any ideas??
Back
Top Bottom