Search results

1. J

Lifes Silver Linings

Found some pictures showing how to check a handful quickly, odd balls to look for, determine melt value, etc. http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/01/no_author/always-check-your-change/
  2. J

Lifes Silver Linings

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/silver_coin_calculator.html
  3. J

My Very First Time Hearing Pink Floyd DSOTM

One of my all time favorites.
  4. J

Worst Flower Delivery Experience Ever

I once used a place called flowers with a 1 800 prefix. Paid triple local prices, they delivered the day after valentines and offered me 10% off for the next year because of the late delivery. I always have good luck locally.
  5. J

MLS Cup 2013

How many fellow AK'ers watching the final with me? 3 pm cst on ESPN today. Taking Real Salt Lake or Sporting Kansas City? Sporting for me, and not just because I am a homer.
  6. J

USA draws worst possible WC group

A tough draw, but also an opportunity to become a challenger instead of an also ran. After beating Italy and Germany in friendlies, I am stoked to see the boys play quality teams in meaningful games on the biggest stage.
  7. J

Greyhound worked for me

Hmm. I will have to give it a try. Thank you. I guess I must buy something soon, darn :)
  8. J

Greyhound worked for me

Hi, Curious if the rate was comparable to the regular carriers? I assume you didn't have to buy it a ticket :)
  9. J

Yamaha CR 800 quick advice

Avionic, I have thanked you in the past, but let me thank you again. Your help to so many, so many times is greatly appreciated. I hope I can find a way to help you someday.
  10. J

NS-690's

Thank you, if I ever end up needing drivers I will let you know.
  11. J

NS-690's

I intend to try it out, but might be quite a while until I do. My thinking is I might use my m60, m45 and mx800, but I am not sure how to split the output from source into 3 amps other than y cables. I probably can find a manual somewhere.
  12. J

NS-690's

Thanks!
  13. J

NS-690's

I forgot to add that these are the triampable first series.
  14. J

NS-690's

Thanks!
  15. J

NS-690's

I just traded some 670's towards a PX-3. I will have another set as soon as a very nice local set is available, they are sweet.
  16. J

NS-690's

The description of like new, perfect condition was a stretch, but still very nice so I got them for a hair over half of the asking price. There are some very minor dings on a couple corners, some really light scratches on the tops, one deeper scratch on one side, and one of the mid pots has...
  17. J

Forgot my lesson learned

After swearing off epay for any equipment I went back for one more smack to the forehead. Foam board on some sides, peanuts on the ends. Sellers have no idea how packages are handled until they damage or even destroy a few things. Seller was kind, issue resolved.
  18. J

NS-690's

:banana: Unless something nefarious goes on I will have a pair of NS-690's in the morning. They are described as mint, like new and the pictures do look great. Meeting in the am to listen, look and buy.. Wish me luck. :banana:
  19. J

Chris has a full plate of real life stuff to deal with at the moment, he can probably answer that shortly. He didn't mention anything about the relay on pm's.
  20. J

I also ran it on Yamaha ns-a77s for most of the last year.
  21. J

This CR800 is being used with Klipsch KM-6 speakers which are very efficient, is it possible that too much is being asked of the reciever to run those speakers at high volume?? 55 watt output, 98dB @ 1watt/1meter 8ohmspeakers? After a bunch of reading I am suspecting the popping is...
  22. J

Thank you, but the unit is in Pennsylvania, I am in Missouri and know nothing of electronics repair beyond deoxit and refoaming speakers. I am not sure of Chris' skill level. Chris?
  23. J

I found a CR 800 service manual in the database, the power supply part number is 420000ga605470. I searched online by part number and am having no luck finding a parts unit or parts. I have a CR 820 parts unit, but cannot come up with a parts list or service manual for it, I am curious if...
  24. J

The switches were jumpered and problem continued so we are hunting down a power supply. I am a long ways away from the unit.
  25. J

Is there a way to test the power supply without being a tech?
Back
Top Bottom