Search results

1. J

MLS Cup 2013

How many fellow AK'ers watching the final with me? 3 pm cst on ESPN today. Taking Real Salt Lake or Sporting Kansas City? Sporting for me, and not just because I am a homer.
  2. J

Forgot my lesson learned

After swearing off epay for any equipment I went back for one more smack to the forehead. Foam board on some sides, peanuts on the ends. Sellers have no idea how packages are handled until they damage or even destroy a few things. Seller was kind, issue resolved.
  3. J

NS-690's

:banana: Unless something nefarious goes on I will have a pair of NS-690's in the morning. They are described as mint, like new and the pictures do look great. Meeting in the am to listen, look and buy.. Wish me luck. :banana:
  4. J

Yamaha CR 800 quick advice

Long story short a CR800 receiver is making a popping sound through the speakers at 1/3rd and higher volume. What could cause that? I have used it at upper volume many times in the past to hear it over a tread mill without issue. Thanks in advance, John
  5. J

Yamaha CR 800

I am trying to determine a fair market value for a Yamaha CR 800 receiver which is fully working and in nice cosmetic condition. Searching the usual route is proving less than helpful as the range swings fro $50-$450. Any ideas?
  6. J

M80 front panel switches

Hi, I need the switches for a Yamaha M-80 front panel 'peak hold' and 'range' buttons. These are the last two pieces needed to save the unit after being smashed by a horrible ebay packing job and ups handling. Here are the numbers: Switch one sw501 KA804510 mfg part # SF1201-4...
  7. J

Recomend ONE classical album on vinyl?

Hi, What I want is one classical album on vinyl that is an excellent recording - which will show off or even expose the limits of my system. I want to avoid a gear discussion as the recording quality of the album is what i'm after. Any recomendations? Only caveat: reasonable...
  8. J

Odd C-80 preamp issue

Playing with a newly repaired C-80 hooked to a new to me m-45, everything sounds great, looks great except for a speck of dust on the top of the C80. I wiped at the dust with the back of my little finger and my left speaker crackled/distorted. The sound was louder than the music playing at a...
  9. J

lesson learned loud and clear

As much as i enjoy my gear, enjoy hunting for it, enjoy opening packages.. i cannot take it any more. One layer of 1/8" flexible foam taped to a 22 lb item in a box large enough to allow movement to all four corners is not proper packaging. Telling me to file a claim with fedex over damage...
  10. J

two m80's in the shop

I dropped off two m80 amps at a highly regarded and AK recommended local shop back in December. One had the protection light on, the other had shipping damage(rear terminals broke, etc). I call for an update every month, the latest update is they can't find parts. Are there parts that...
  11. J

Barzilay on cl

NOT MINE Saw this while searching for a cabinet, it doesn't do what I need but one of you may like it. I don't know how uncommon they are but it is the first I have come across. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/fuo/3794457224.html
  12. J

AST active servo gear

Can anyone point me to a list of this gear? I am interested in which receivers and amps used the servo cartridges to assist in my search for speakers and the matching catridges. Thank you.
  13. J

need repair estimate ASAP

I am in desperate need of assistance. Quick background, UPS trashed a properly packaged Yamaha CR-3020 by droping it from about 5 feet off of the drivers shoulder onto my porch, landing on the rear of the unit, corner first. It was encased in 4" foam and triple boxed, but it weighs 82 lbs...
  14. J

Some banners are triggering Kapersky

Some of the banner adds are being blocked by Kapersky antivirus with a warning saying "malicious url". This may be related to slow performance and page reloads some are talking about.
  15. J

Repair shop in KC that does veneer?

Long story short, I need a radio shop that also does Macasaar ebony veneer in Kansas City. Long story long: UPS delivered my cr-3020 back in December and the driver thought it would be a good idea to carry it on his shoulder, then allow it to roll off and drop onto my porch. Despite...
  16. J

40% off Monster cable and accessories

Some big electronics show going on somewhere, while searching for a 'Ray Charles: Genius loves company' SACD I came accross a MonsterMusic edition, and being the cheapskate I am I searched for a coupon code and found one good for 40% off everything at http://www.monsterproducts.com/ code is...
  17. J

heads up vintage speakers

Not mine I don't know if these prices are good or bad, but somone may be interested http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3522855467.html
  18. J

8-track and reel to reel?

I guess Yamaha never made either an 8-track or reel to reel?
  19. J

sharing power amps?

There is only so much gear and speakers that will fit in one room. Is it possible and safe to connect the preouts from a two channel system AND the preouts from a home theater system to the same power amp using y cables? Using one system at a time of course.
  20. J

What audio gear did Santa bring you?

I must have been good at some point in the last year, my sweet wife gave me a Yamaha dvd-s2700 sacd player a few days early. My brother was coming to town and called ahead to ask if I wanted his old stereo, which I replied "of course" having no idea what it was. The haul filled the back...
  21. J

ns-690 owners advice please

Although I would love a pair of ns-2000's they are out of my budget. I prefer the wood look to the black on the ns-1000's so i think the 690's will be my next purchase. Is there a benefit to the first version with cloth surrounds and triamp capability? Is one of the 3 versions more or less...
  22. J

tx-1000 tuner

I read all over the net how great the tx-1000 is so I got one.. even with a powered antenna it will not receive the strongest station in town from approximately 10 miles away. So I got a second one assuming the first to be broken, with a dipole or powered antenna it will give me 1 bar of...
  23. J

source for button covers?

Hi, does anyone know where I could find PLAY and RECORD button covers for a kx-1200 cassette deck? I have been watching that auction site for parts for several months. I bought a kx-200 thinking the buttons would be the same but they are not. Also I need a mute button cover for my cx-1000...
  24. J

c-77 preamp hummmmmm

Hi, I picked up a Sansui C-77 preamp in perfect cosmetic condition. When I plug it into an amp it puts out a very loud horrible hum. I verified no ground loop I tried different cables I tried a second amp I tested continuity of power cord and verified solder joints. I inspected board for...
  25. J

using preamp and integrated receiver?

My idea: 1) Connect all 2 channel components to my cx-1000 preamp. 2) connect all multi channel components to Aventage rx-a1020 (video players and sacd) 3) connect power amps to preouts on Aventage And my question: 4) run a line from cx-1000 to auxiliary line input on Aventage I...
Back
Top Bottom