Search results

1. umbra

Problem with my Marantz 3200 PreAmp

I guess it's time for me to expand my horizons. My 3200 started making a very annoying noise. I may have to finally get out the soldering iron. It's definitely coming from the right channel of the preamp (process of elimination tests). The volume is not impacted by adjusting the preamp...
  2. umbra

LED Fuse Lamps

Holy thread resurrection! I know this thread is old, but I don't want to wastefully start a new one. I bought these LEDs. They came today and I just installed them. Excuse the crappy low-light phone picture, but I like them! Just search F30-WHP-xV to find them. I used the 12V.
  3. umbra

Got a new Windows 8 PC - what should I do with the old XP PC?

Install playon and make it a damned nice media server. You can get it at playon.tv I've been using playon in conjunction with a western digital wdtv live for a few years now. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  4. umbra

OMG...The Baddest Car Chase You Ever Did See.

I always liked the driving in John Wayne's McQ. It's not a traditional chase scene, because the van he is chasing is on a separate route and doesn't know he is being chased. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHtTwacRpTI
  5. umbra

What was your first turntable infatuation?

I was a 19 year old college student who walked into a local HiFi shop called Wes Audio. There I found the most magnificent turntable I had ever seen. So, I spent money I couldn't really afford to and bought my Kenwood KD550. 32 years later, I'm still using it. Sent from my SGH-T989 using...
  6. umbra

Anyone into Christmas Music?

Listening to Leon Redbone Christmas Island. Ho Ho Ho!
  7. umbra

Marantz 140 & Marantz 112

I have to agree, that's too high. I have the 140 with the 3200 pre amp and love them, but wouldn't pay that much for them. If it were all three pieces, maybe. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  8. umbra

My new old music source - Archos 5

I've had this Archos 5 Internet tablet with docking station laying around for years. I realized that it makes a nice addition to my resurrected audio system. It's great when I want to just play some background music and don't want to interrupted with flipping LPs. Plus, I have my entire...
  9. umbra

Sometimes nostalgia gets the best of you.

Jeez. Paid for it on the 11th. Didn't ship until the 22nd. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  10. umbra

Your daily commute (if any)...

30 miles, Dodge Challenger/Scion TA (I carpool), standard nine to five job, IT
  11. umbra

Your top 3 American(ish) sports/muscle cars

1971 Dodge Charger 1987 Buick Grand National 2011 Dodge Challenger But, I'm probably a bit biased since I've owned these. ;)
  12. umbra

The First Record You Ever Bought

The Archies - Jingle Jangle Why? Because I was 9. My brother tried talking me out of it, but I bought it any way. I listened to it about a million times.
  13. umbra

Thanksgiving Turkey! Who's cooking?

I use an electric roaster. It turns out really good. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  14. umbra

Fingers Crossed for a 2500

Wow. That is downright perty. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  15. umbra

I failed to mention that that picture is the actual device I bought and it was listed as "working as intended". We'll see.
  16. umbra

Garrard record player system - $5997

You didn't research
  17. umbra

I spotted an Akai CS 34D on Ebay. I used to own one of these in the seventies. So I placed a harmless .99 bid on it. It just closed and I now own a CS 34D again. The down side? $14.95 shipping. I will have fun taking it apart and cleaning it. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  18. umbra

Journey is the benchmark

Flash and the Pan - better Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  19. umbra

Project Don't Hate Journey

Is my phone misbehaving or does this post not coincide with the title or section it's in? Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  20. umbra

Bye bye thrift shops

Words to live by. :) Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  21. umbra

Just ordered an audio tower and having second thoughts

Suddenly, a light is starting to flicker. Thanks Brett. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  22. umbra

I totally get that, but how would it effect components that don't vibrate, resonate, or jitter? It sounds to me that good turntable isolation should take care of any concerns. I'm sorry, I'm trying not to sound argumentative. I'm just trying to learn, and I have a lot to learn. :yes:
  23. umbra

Again, i fail to see the logic in how putting electronic components on glass can effect their sound (other than the turntable). If you mean just having glass shelves in the room regardless of what's on them, i guess i could see some logic in that. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  24. umbra

I'm curious what the thinking is. I don't see how the material could make any difference on any component other than a poorly isolated turntable. I'm guessing that there's something I'm not thinking about. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  25. umbra

Need a cheap printer?

By sub dye do you mean dye sublimation? I love how dye sublimation prints look. Glossy, like a magazine page Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Back
Top Bottom