Search results

1. VerbalPuke

Which punk/wave/alternative acts did you see live

Not as many as I'd like, I wasn't around for most of these bands heydays. GBH Anti Nowhere League New York Dolls Elvis Costello B-52s The Queers Reverend Horton Heat Nashville Pussy Primus
  2. VerbalPuke

Bands with a Ridiculous Amount of Greatest Hits Albums...

I feel like I've seen a ton for CCR. Gold, More Gold, Greatest Hits, Best Ofs, Chronicles, Very Best Ofs, Absolute Greatest Greats, the Best of the Greatest, The Vol. 1 Greatest Best Of the Chronicles... I love CCR...but man oh man the record companies went crazy.
  3. VerbalPuke

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Didn't stop my shopping with the last purchase, I ended up ordering Sham 69 - Tell Us the Truth, Ian Dury - New Boots and Panties, New York Dolls - New York Dolls, and David Bowie - Aladdin Sane. The Aladdin Sane album may have been a coup, because for some reason that album on vinyl has been...
  4. VerbalPuke

29, but grew up listening to a lot of classic rock. As I get older I wouldn't say I'm gravitating toward it more, but I appreciate it as much as the old punk music I enjoyed in my teens. And typically, the older rock albums are more than reasonably priced so it's definitely worth grabbing a...
  5. VerbalPuke

Overrated Albums

I had the hardest time getting into Captain Beefheart myself. Initially I heard Trout Mask Replica and Lick My Decals Off Baby and thought it was just a dude playing weirdly choreographed music for the sake of playing weirdly choreographed music. Then I heard Safe as Milk and I absolutely...
  6. VerbalPuke

Just did my usual "every few months binge on vinyl via gemm" and purchased the Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord, Seventh Sojourn, and Every Good Boy Deserves Favour. I've become pretty infatuated with these guys lately. I really like Days of Future Passed, and after hearing more of...
  7. VerbalPuke

Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

Nirvana - Bleach. If it's vinyl, I always go the full album. It's when I've got my ipod on that I usually skip around songs and artists, especially in the car.
  8. VerbalPuke

Blitz - Voice of a Generation. Another gem found on amazon.com for a good price. I've had trouble finding this one at other places at a decent price, but it just so happened that amazon had a seller with a copy of this just waiting for me.
  9. VerbalPuke

obscure 80s bands, have any favorites?

Tank is awesome, they have a heavy hitting style like Motorhead.
  10. VerbalPuke

obscure 80s bands, have any favorites?

End of Data, Futurisk, Born Without a Face.
  11. VerbalPuke

Nomeansno - Wrong. I can't express how thrilled I am to have found this album on vinyl. I've been coveting it for a few years and haven't been able to find it, not even at a crazy price. While goofing around on amazon, I put in Nomeansno - Vinyl on a whim, and there it was, 22 bucks and...
  12. VerbalPuke

Do you collect for love of music?

I definitely buy them to listen. For me, even spending a decent amount of money on an album isn't for the value or rarity of it, it's because I love the album and want to hear it on vinyl.
  13. VerbalPuke

Lets See All Them Axes

I'm new to the guitar world, but this is where I start. Fender Marauder and an Orange 60 Watt 60RC, they make a nice pairing.
  14. VerbalPuke

Gogol Bordello

Any fans? I love these guys. As far as current and unique punk bands, they take the cake. I love them, they are very talented and write great songs. They have four dates lined up in Las Vegas at the end of April and beginning of May. I plan on getting tickets for one of those four shows and...
  15. VerbalPuke

Some sort of vibration from one of my speakers, any idea?

Yeah, the foam is crumbling something fierce. It's something I've been meaning to do but time isn't always a commodity with kids, work etc. I know the foam re-build kits for the vega's are fairly inexpensive (30 bucks or so?), and I have another pair of vegas that I got at a thrift store for...
  16. VerbalPuke

What instruments do you not like so much?

Have to agree. I can't honestly think of any instrument that is off-putting. I listen to a variety of music that feature many different instruments, and I think they all have their place within the context of their music. Though I do agree with the guy who said drum machines. Yuck. That...
  17. VerbalPuke

Some sort of vibration from one of my speakers, any idea?

So yeah, I have one speaker that is giving off some odd vibrating sound, mostly with the bass in the song. For background, I'm using an audio technica LP 120 turntable, an Onkyo TX-V940, and my speakers are Cerwin Vega DX 9s (I know there is a thread about DX 9s, but I didn't want to hijack...
  18. VerbalPuke

Gate Fold LP's

I was about to same the same, not that I have anything within the last year or so, but my copies of Gogol Bordello and Toxic Holocaust are from 2003 and...2004ish I want to say? I'd say they're still very much in production.
  19. VerbalPuke

Today's SKA listening!

My favorite by far is Bad Manners, actually just picked up Bad Manners self titled and Madness One Step Beyond (they came in the mail today). A good ska band from the early 80s, a US band actually, the Offs from San Francisco. They were decently known in the same punk scene that the Screamers...
  20. VerbalPuke

What are your reference songs?

Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop Now that I have Days of Future Passed, I'm expecting to use Tuesday Afternoon as another one.
  21. VerbalPuke

Is it common to not like the first listen, but love later listens?

Oh yeah, the Gun Club comes to mind immediately. I first checked them out and thought they were alright, but not exactly mind blowing. Then after checking them out a bit more in depth they became among my favorite bands of all-time. Fire of Love and Miami are two absolutely brilliant albums in...
  22. VerbalPuke

Just got a bunch recently... Generation X - Generation X Generation X - Valley of the Dolls Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home Elvis Costello - My Aim is True Moody Blues - Days of the Future Passed The Four Tops - Greatest Hits Onslaught - Power From Hell Adolescents - Adolescents I also...
  23. VerbalPuke

Have you ever purchased through discogs?

Nice, I saw that they had things for sale and was interested because of the sheer number of albums I've been coveting being available. The prices were usually excellent as well. Typically I use gemm.com which can be great if you shop right, but also can be somewhat limited depending on what you...
  24. VerbalPuke

Have you ever purchased through discogs?

I was wondering, I've seen there is this site discogs.com which is pretty much a great source for looking up discographies from any album you can think of. I noticed they have people selling albums on there, and there seems to be a huge variety of albums for great prices. Has anybody here...
  25. VerbalPuke

Woody Guthrie - Dust Bowl Ballads
Back
Top Bottom