1. goat67

Happy Birthday avionic!

Happy BDay Bro
  2. goat67

R.I.P. merlynski

RIP
  3. goat67

Sansui 5000X

Looking at the schematic if the am / fm inputs work and the others do not I can only see the input selector switch being an issue
  4. goat67

This New Era Of Paypal Is Bringing Me Down

I am paying taxes and a bunch the point is they are reporting all over $600.00 AS INCOME regardless if it is or not. So requiring a receipt from something I purchased years ago to prove what my profit is is pure Bullshit.
  5. goat67

This New Era Of Paypal Is Bringing Me Down

I am in the same boat as you I have a lot of equipment I wanted to start selling off as I am not using it and I need to downsize. I do not have receipts for these pieces as I did not need them previously. I do not plan on selling for more than I payed for so it is not like I am making money...
  6. goat67

IRS Rant of the Day

I have been filling paper returns and using the internet to pay the amount I owe. Both State and Fed. I can not see paying anything to use the TaxAct etc when my taxers are as easy as it gets right now.
  7. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Ok pull the right and see if it comes out of protect and if you get sound.
  8. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

The left Channel looks off The dim bulb looks correct When you installed what you called the left power pack was this for the left channel? When you installed this one you did not come out of protection correct? What we could try is to remove the power pack that caused you to not come out of...
  9. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

measure to ground on the board pins use the auto ranging on the multimeter need to see millivolts Right Channel 6 sb 65 mv 8 sb -6 mv 17 sb < 33mv measure power pack pins 1 sb 36 v 2 sb 1.2v 3 sb 65 mv 4 33 mv 5 -36 v 6 -1.2 v 7 -6 mv measure pin 4 on the power pack corresponding with these...
  10. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

measure to ground on the board pins 6 8 17 2 4 19
  11. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Well lets reinstall one power pack and try and see if we get a the relay click if it does not get a relay click uninstall and try the other pack If you get the relay click re install the other power pack and see if you get the relay click
  12. goat67

Chain Saw - 2 cycle vs battery?

After watching that movie as a teenager I slept with my Remington 1100
  13. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

We are making progress. So Q3 readings look better now. Tell me about the unit before you started working on it did it work? As of now is the relay engaging after a short time after power up? A post from merlynski on how to verify that the SP-40W is bad. Quoted from merlynski "I don't have any...
  14. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

I use the service manual schematic the voltages are on the schematic. You can download a copy from https://www.hifiengine.com Transistors will generally have a .6 voltage diff between the emitter and the base when everything is working. So Q3 voltages are wrong pull the transistor and preform...
  15. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Reinstall the resistors on the power pack pins make sur you do not short any other pins together when installing these All readings to ground Please provide voltages on board pins 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 12. 14. 17. 19. 28. 29. Q1 B1 C1 E C2 B2 Q2 B1 C1 E C2 B2 Q3 E C B Q4 E C B Power...
  16. goat67

Pioneer SX-1050 receiver main filter cap question

You must use a 80v at a minimum other wise you will let out the magic smoke
  17. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Recheck Q1 voltages and solder connections C1 and C2 should not be the same voltage. Recheck Q3 and Q4 solder connections and voltages post results Q3 Base Should Be the Same Voltage as Q1 C1 or C2 Q3 Collector should be the same as Power Pack Pin 6 Verify C9 C10 C13 and C14 installation
  18. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

All readings to ground Please provide voltages on board pins 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 12. 14. 17. 19. 28. 29. Q1 B1 C1 E C2 B2 Q2 B1 C1 E C2 B2 Q3 E C B Q4 E C B Power pack pins Left 2 4 6 Right 2 4 6
  19. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

I need you to check all the capacitors you replaced and verify they are installed correctly. Let me know what you find. We have lost the -34 volts power supply. Pins 12 and 28 We need to get the proper voltages back from the power supply boards.
  20. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Remove the resistors from the power pack pins Q4 is the one I wanted a better picture of. Was C7 installed backwards? Recheck pins 12. 28. 29.
  21. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

I can not make out the symbols on the board for Q4 can you get a better image? Q3 is installed correctly. If you are 100% sure Q4 is installed correctly then we can power up on the dbt using original transistors for Q1 - Q4 All readings to ground Please provide voltages on board pins 1. 2...
  22. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Install the original Q3 and Q4 and send me images of how they are installed Q3 is installed correctly. Please get an image like you did of how Q4 is installed with the original. Do not power up until I verify transistors have been installed correctly.
  23. goat67

Pioneer SX-650 Woes

Ok Q1 and Q2 are installed correctly. I can not see Q3 and Q4 can you get a better picture showing the pins and the board? What is the part number of Q3 and Q4? You have old and new parts please give both part numbers So the original Q3 and Q4 you removed them to install the new ones have they...
  24. goat67

Mutli-Channel Amps. Home theater separates.

SONAMP 1250 MKII I have one of these 12 Channel bridgeable was going to use it to power a set of Linkwitz Orion speakers never happened now I can not get a buyer Specifications Specification Value Shipping Weight 55 lbs (25kg) each Number Of Channels 12 Power Output All Channels Driven 50...
Back
Top Bottom